Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've tried all the suggestions and still cannot seem to get him down. Seems like every time I try, there's that AOE on the floor in 2 spots (and usually opposite sides of each other), then he does his jump and ground shake (dunno what it's actually called) in front of him which tends to put me in front of him with at least a couple adds up that I'm trying to kill. The facing DMG bonus seems to be useful not very often due to other DMG abilities that he is doing.

Is it luck of the draw on where the various AOE is going to land or is there a mechanic that I'm missing out on that could allow me to have things be put in a more convenient spot?

First step: Do not be bad like me. (Hey it was 1:30AM and I was half-asleep)
    Second step: Understand that Wrathion doesn't melee. I missed that little fact the first time I watched the wowhead Warlock video.
    Third step: Understand that you do triple damage from behind Wrathion.

So: Stand right behind Wrathion, nuke the piss out of him, simply run through him to avoid his attack. When the blobs show up, pop CDs and nuke 'em, back off and away - once they're dead, resume standing behind Wrathion.

I kept dying to the exploding guys because they'd start showing up the second time the blobs spawned so I was trying to kill them while dealing with the blobs. Once I understood about just standing right behind Wrathion, I was able to kill him just before the exploding guys spawned. Blobs only spawned once.

Editing to add: When he does the AOEs on the floor, go ahead and move - he'll do his charge thing, dodge that, then resume standing RIGHT behind him. You're basically shooting him in the back of the head any chance you can.
    Last edited by markdall; 2013-06-12 at 06:47 PM.

Ok, I've tried that and have gotten pretty close. It looks like what he does seems to be random. Ive tried this more than several times in varying talents. I've had blobs show up almost immediately then another time not until his health was over 50% down but then on that one he did the mirror thing 2x in a row and ended up getting me on the second one which was super annoying because he had <1000k health left. Although standing right next to him like markdall looks to be the strat that'll allow me to eventually get him once RNG is kind enough, I hope.

Hunter should stay close to him and just move into his back - once adds are there ae them and just avoid the brown areas the prince is casting - once the adds are down move back to the prince and shoot him in the back.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

just kill him really fast, I ignored the adds and kited them around. if you attack from behind you do a ton more damage, can easily hit like 600k dps and he drops in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    He summons once add - 5 overall, they have 750k hp each.
    Throw a frost trap in & kill them, than kill him.

How can u wipe there?

adds gain a stacking buff every few secons that increase movement speed by 10% and it stacks

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 12:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hareu View Post
    just kill him really fast, I ignored the adds and kited them around. if you attack from behind you do a ton more damage, can easily hit like 600k dps and he drops in no time.
    that seems to be requiring luck which im not hav.....wait a second...

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 12:42 AM ----------

sadly i beleive wiht the changes to stampede and blinkstrike i beleive this is impossible for hunters
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-06-12 at 11:42 PM.

Deleted
    Just did it as MM and it was quite simple.

1. Spec into Thrill of the Hunt -> Infinite Multishots + continuous slow on the blobs
    2. If the Adds come to close just lay down a Binding Shot in front of them and Disengage
    3. Use Barrage or Glaive Toss for his Mirror Images (you can use Deterrence if you've got no focus)

I don't know if it was bad luck, but i only got damaged by his Aoe when one of my pets was standing inside it (Pet, Stampede, T15 Thunderhawk, Direbeast)
    Therefore i switch out of Direbeast -> Thrill of the Hunt, released my pet and it worked first try without getting any aoe dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Vvigger View Post
    Just did it as MM and it was quite simple.

1. Spec into Thrill of the Hunt -> Infinite Multishots + continuous slow on the blobs
    2. If the Adds come to close just lay down a Binding Shot in front of them and Disengage
    3. Use Barrage or Glaive Toss for his Mirror Images (you can use Deterrence if you've got no focus)

I don't know if it was bad luck, but i only got damaged by his Aoe when one of my pets was standing inside it (Pet, Stampede, T15 Thunderhawk, Direbeast)
    Therefore i switch out of Direbeast -> Thrill of the Hunt, released my pet and it worked first try without getting any aoe dmg.
    havent played mm since icc is it easy to learn?

how do u get the continuous slow on multi is that a mm thing?

Deleted
    Well i've played MM since Wotlk without interruption, therefore i can't really tell^^

It isn't hard to play and you should give it a try. Just keep an eye out for Steady Focus uptimes and you should see no big difference (fire steady shot in pairs)
    You don't really need that much damage, as long as you kill the adds asap and keep them slowed.
    It's also quite doable without any cooldowns so you don't have to wait 5 minutes after a wipe (not that stampede does dmg anymore...)

EDIT: The continuous slow is embedded in Chimera Shot and Multi Shot as MM. Everything you hit with these two Spells is slowed for 4 seconds and when you land a crit with Multi-Shot the Focus cost is cut down half to 20 Focus -> Thrill of the Hunt reduces it to 0 Focus
    Last edited by mmocdace01916d; 2013-06-12 at 11:59 PM.

Well i've played MM since Wotlk without interruption, therefore i can't really tell^^

It isn't hard to play and you should give it a try. Just keep an eye out for Steady Focus uptimes and you should see no big difference (fire steady shot in pairs)
    You don't really need that much damage, as long as you kill the adds asap and keep them slowed.
    It's also quite doable without any cooldowns so you don't have to wait 5 minutes after a wipe (not that stampede does dmg anymore...)

EDIT: The continuous slow is embedded in Chimera Shot and Multi Shot as MM. Everything you hit with these two Spells is slowed for 4 seconds and when you land a crit with Multi-Shot the Focus cost is cut down half to 20 Focus -> Thrill of the Hunt reduces it to 0 Focus
    hrm last time i played mm was icc and i hated it with a pation

sadly the 2 best spells i had for doing this just got nerfed....ah well they will soon nerf the quest...

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 01:47 AM ----------

ok i now beleive this is buged due to the fact that i got him to 64% after 2 add phaes and he used his clones and killed me the clones are ment to be sub 10%
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-06-13 at 12:51 AM.

wait the clones arent supposed to come up at 60%~ >.< and how are you targeting them to actually hit them since the spawn faster than barrage is up? I cannot target them via tab or click... also I see no one mentioning our really crappy bug of getting a 10% INT buff instead of agi.

Im also getting adds about 7 seconds into the fight 50% of the time
    Last edited by Voodoou; 2013-06-13 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    sadly i beleive wiht the changes to stampede and blinkstrike i beleive this is impossible for hunters
    This made me laugh.

Did it yesterday as SV (ilvl 536). Managed to do it in 3 tries. The easiest way was to simply get rid of the adds ASAP and then just focus on Wrathion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    wait the clones arent supposed to come up at 60%~ >.< and how are you targeting them to actually hit them since the spawn faster than barrage is up? I cannot target them via tab or click... also I see no one mentioning our really crappy bug of getting a 10% INT buff instead of agi.

Im also getting adds about 7 seconds into the fight 50% of the time
    The clones came at ~50% and i found it easier to use glaive toss on the image thats farthest away and let your glaives cut through everything in der way =)
    When you see that he runs to the center of the room and starts casting something just pool some focus and you should be able to defeat all the clones with max 3 Multishots (Thrill of the Hunt still recommended)

The clones came at ~50% and i found it easier to use glaive toss on the image thats farthest away and let your glaives cut through everything in der way =)
    When you see that he runs to the center of the room and starts casting something just pool some focus and you should be able to defeat all the clones with max 3 Multishots (Thrill of the Hunt still recommended)
    How long does he keep doing the clone part though? I cant get past the 2nd clones no matter what.. having serious issues even targeting them.. forget trying to target the furthest one. Also they are blowing up before I could ever get off a glaive and 3 multi shots..
    Last edited by Voodoou; 2013-06-13 at 11:38 AM.

How long does he keep doing the clone part though? I cant get past the 2nd clones no matter what.. having serious issues even targeting them.. forget trying to target the furthest one. Also they are blowing up before I could ever get off a glaive and 3 multi shots..
    ive had 3 sets of clones the problem is the clones are comming when the blobs come back up,

ive had 3 sets of clones the problem is the clones are comming when the blobs come back up,
    whatever issues with targeting them I had seems to be done for now at least so I did manage to get through a cpl phases of them but tried MM.. could not get it to work for me, just couldnt get the damage high enough while kiting.. most likely me =P tried BM a few more times but pet dies everytime regardless if I use multishot right away or not >.< So surv seems to work the best for me.. but still having many issues with damage when I am not in things and its still extremely crappy we get a damned INT BUFF!! So just gonna beat my head against the wall some more.. just taking it really easy as my nerves are not so great atm... pregnancy does that >.<

oh I did have this happen, really weird I got trapped up by the dragon once when clones came out and they didnt explode until I finished with the adds following me and went down there.. I cant remember if I had much time once I went in but that MAY be a way get a rest from them before they explode.

oh I did have this happen, really weird I got trapped up by the dragon once when clones came out and they didnt explode until I finished with the adds following me and went down there.. I cant remember if I had much time once I went in but that MAY be a way get a rest from them before they explode.
    tryed this but the adds wouldnt stop respawning

tryed this but the adds wouldnt stop respawning
    nooo, the adds keep coming but if you need a breather to get focus to kill the clones it could work.. or it could have been a fluke was only able to check it the once. The adds really dont spawn they are reborn.. so that is another thing i was thinking about but wasnt able to try.. killing the adds in one corner, controlling where the come from like in the Kael fight with the 4 adds.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 06:20 PM ----------

ARG!! this is getting so frustrating.. I am getting really close then BAM cannot target the clones to deal with them

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 06:23 PM ----------

oh and it is quite possible to disengage off Yu'lon's platform... >.<

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 06:34 PM ----------

ok completely done for now.. last 3-4 attempts I get hit by nearly ever frontal aoe that I and very far out of.. i start doing well and the game bugs out more >.< FU Blizz

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 06:55 PM ----------

ok didnt give up FINALLY did it.. the platform thing.. yea found a way to use it to help the fight for us... keep killing adds up there and eventually his clones disappear and he come to you also found spirit bond to be VERY useful when doing that.. basically you can regen your HP while waiting and killing the oozes

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 06:59 PM ----------

uhhh off topic but do you guys see my posts many times? I see my posts like 3-4 times in a row : /
    Last edited by Voodoou; 2013-06-13 at 06:57 PM.

nooo, the adds keep coming but if you need a breather to get focus to kill the clones it could work.. or it could have been a fluke was only able to check it the once. The adds really dont spawn they are reborn.. so that is another thing i was thinking about but wasnt able to try.. killing the adds in one corner, controlling where the come from like in the Kael fight with the 4 adds.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 06:20 PM ----------

ARG!! this is getting so frustrating.. I am getting really close then BAM cannot target the clones to deal with them

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 06:23 PM ----------

oh and it is quite possible to disengage off Yu'lon's platform... >.<

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 06:34 PM ----------

ok completely done for now.. last 3-4 attempts I get hit by nearly ever frontal aoe that I and very far out of.. i start doing well and the game bugs out more >.< FU Blizz

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 06:55 PM ----------

ok didnt give up FINALLY did it.. the platform thing.. yea found a way to use it to help the fight for us... keep killing adds up there and eventually his clones disappear and he come to you also found spirit bond to be VERY useful when doing that.. basically you can regen your HP while waiting and killing the oozes

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 06:59 PM ----------

uhhh off topic but do you guys see my posts many times? I see my posts like 3-4 times in a row : /
    soo many things happening when they shouldnt in this challange

now classing it as bugged