Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is Pandaria Going By Too Fast?

I should probably start out by admitting that I've been unsubbed since late 4.3 and haven't set boot in Pandaria yet, but from the outside looking in it seems strange that the expansion is not even 9 months old yet and is already drawing to a close. Has it felt like its gone by too fast for those of you who have stuck around? Unless 5.4 turns out to be the longest patch in history, MoP is set to close up shop by Thanksgiving. Is that strange to anybody who has played the entire expansion or does it just feel that way from the outside?

Nah, I think by the time the next X-pack launches (early 2014 I predict) people will be totally sick of Pandaria

Blizzard said they wanted to put out content quicker than they did during other expansions and also limit the amount of time between the last patch and the next expansion. So yes, the patches have been coming out quicker than usual and that's why it seems like it's going by more quickly in comparison to previous expansions.

I prefer to be left with something I haven't completed yet as oppose to i'm so horribly bored and I've completed everything that there is to and the next patch is months away. So yes it has gone rather quickly but there isn't often when I find myself sitting around with nothing to do. But it all comes down to how much time you have to work with, some people may hate the speed at which its coming due to only being able to play 2-4 hours a week. Where I'm sure there's people who spent 75 hours a week in game bored out of their mind.

I do like the shift in this expansion from panda lore to alliance vs horde lore and back n forth throughout. Good way to break it up and not get sick of one particular kind of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have really enjoyed my time in Pandaria, so for me it does feel like it is going by a bit too quickly. With that said I am looking forward to what is to come, and will remember Pandaria fondly.

We've still got another 2-3 months easily with 5.3 and then at least 6 months or more with 5.4

It's also not out of Blizzards wheelhouse to bring in another content patch beyond 5.4 despite their past claims.

We've still got at least the rest of the year with MoP. I don't feel things have gone too fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    We've still got another 2-3 months easily with 5.3 and then at least 6 months or more with 5.4

It's also not out of Blizzards wheelhouse to bring in another content patch beyond 5.4 despite their past claims.

We've still got at least the rest of the year with MoP. I don't feel things have gone too fast.
    Despite what past claims? They said straight out that we might get a 5.5.

I want it to last much longer, so I have enough time to find a RBG team for the last patch, because the warlock elite pvp set is SICKENING AWESOME!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    It's going at a pretty good pace so far. Slow enough so people can get good progression and fast enough so most of us don't get too bored waiting for the next big thing. 5.3 was probably the weakest patch content-wise but I'm hoping it's just a staging ground for more advanced and diverse dynamic events in WoW (coupled with regular questing and not overdone à la GW2/Rift it would be great).

No doubt they want to wrap this expac up as quickly as possible since it is seeing the biggest sub drop the game has ever experienced.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    No doubt they want to wrap this expac up as quickly as possible since it is seeing the biggest sub drop the game has ever experienced.
    And there's the spin.

MoP goes too fast? "They're losing subs so they gotta put content out faster".

Cata goes too slow? "They're losing so they just put less effort into new content".

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    No doubt in YOUR mind. Doesn't make it so. You know as much about their ideas and reasons as you know about the meaning of life.

On topic: Yes, I feel that things are moving a bit too fast at times. I've had tons of fun in MoP, more than I've had in the previous expansions that I experienced, and even though I long to see what comes next I'mma miss Pandaria and everything about this expansion...

At the same time I NEVER wanna experience another ICC or DS...I'm hoping they'll keep adding smaller content patches between MoP and the next expansion. The pace things are moving at is a hell of alot better than the pace we saw in Cata, WOTLK, TBC or old WoW.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2013-06-13 at 03:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the pace. I just wonder when the next expansion will be released.

I'm guessing that 5.4 will release late July/Early August. Blizzcon will announce the next expansion. But there is zero chance the next expansion will follow the usual pattern and release in Sept-Dec 2014. That would be more than a year of 5.4.

Either Blizzard plans to release more content patches, or the next expansion is coming out early next year. Which seems quite fast considering it will be announced at Blizzcon.

Nope; I think the alliance-horde war is kind of boring, and have had about enough of pandarian culture for a while. There really wasn't enough differentiation in the story here. Pretty much was all sha are bad and this is life for the pandas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best xpac. Dont give a shit what other people say. Raiding has been top nouch. I guess blizzard should congratulate themselves, if content is coming at this rate and people think its fast, thats a win for them. Fresh content > dragged out content period.

So I guess they met thier expectation on patch releases.

On topic edit: I don't believe so. I am surprised they did not come up with more story for the Pandarian continent, but I feel that the story they chose to pursue does not make me wish we stayed on Pandaria any longer or departed any sooner.

I could actually see myself getting used to expansions where the Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms stories update at non-specific intervals between new continent storylines.

It doesn't have to all be at the end, like Siege of Orgrimmar, but well-done updates and modifications to zones like (Orgrimmar has seen (and Vale of Eternal Blossoms)) even as interim raid patches are a great possible tool for future lore development as well as for keeping things fresh while giving a proper amount of time for minor plot elements to be sketched out.
    Last edited by Shibboleths; 2013-06-13 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually do think it is going too fast.

My favorite time in WOW is that six months at the end of an expansion when you can just relax, and work on things you never have time to do otherwise.

I don't think we will ever get that again.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Yes. I feel like I haven't done enough daily quests and LFR yet, Blizzard should slow down a bit.

It can't go by fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post

I was going to say, that the only reason why it felt too fast was because it seems like we're about to be over and they haven't even released the next xpac info. But after reading your post I realize that I was being ridiculous, and that the timetable you gave sounds a lot more reasonable.

So no I think its going by a almost the perfect speed.