Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    obviously. but 1 moniez is still awesome for rome.

main problem i have with it is the poor balancing, due to the focus on heavily armored, shield carrying troops and the lack of armor piercing missile units. also, a full army of heavy cavalry can break the moral of an entire army literally the second it charges into them, since the moral shock gets exponentially bigger the more troops are killed and the less time passes. so the charges killing about 10% or so of each unit in one second or less makes them all go from confident to shattered instantly^^
    or at least it was that way when i played it almost 10 years ago, maybe they actually fixed these balancing issues in later patches.
    They are knights

They're meant to do that

Would you hug big boss?

Id hug big boss...

steam a shit

Also why is Nue a slut?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Would you hug big boss?

Id hug big boss...
    No, that sounds very wrong.

Yay for steam maintenance

Totori > Rorona <3
    Though tiny Rorona is adorable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Would you hug big boss?

Id hug big boss...
    I want to ocelot from the trailer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    They are knights

They're meant to do that
    roman praetorians aren't "knights" :P

Deleted
    roman praetorians aren't "knights" :P
    I thought we were talking about Medieval

But the balance in Rome is actually fine in terms of mechanics the only things that are broken are things like Romans having heavy cavalry in the first place which is more of a historical concern than anything else

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought we were talking about Medieval
    i was talking about rome. cavalry in medieval 2 actually felt kinda meh to be. it has it's uses, but feels rather slow and weak (both the charge and sustained melees) in comparison to the other titles. not sure it that's actually the case, or just how it felt to me, though.
    as for missile units, most bow/crossbow units in medieval 2 have an "effective against armor" perk, because of how weak they got later on in rome, due to the heavy infantry and cavalry.
    But the balance in Rome is actually fine in terms of mechanics the only things that are broken are things like Romans having heavy cavalry in the first place which is more of a historical concern than anything else
    no, shattering the moral of the entire army (aka instant win) at the first charge, or having (the expensive) bow troops kill about 3 out of 80 heavy infantry men before those can charge into melee, is not balanced
    unless you're talking about a later patched version that fixed these problems that i haven't played, which might well be.

i don't mind the historical inaccuracy, though, for the most part, especially when it serves a gameplay/balancing purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    steam a shit
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Also why is Nue a slut?
    Thighhighs man. Thighhighs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Thighhighs man. Thighhighs.
    thighhighs are awesome!!!

Deleted
    no, shattering the moral of the entire army (aka instant win) at the first charge, or having (the expensive) bow troops kill about 3 out of 80 heavy infantry men before those can charge into melee, is not balanced
    unless you're talking about a later patched version that fixed these problems that i haven't played, which might well be.

i don't mind the historical inaccuracy, though, for the most part, especially when it serves a gameplay/balancing purpose.
    The base morale is too low, it's not really because of cavalry. And it is balanced although I agree that it feels pretty lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    The base morale is too low, it's not really because of cavalry. And it is balanced although I agree that it feels pretty lame.
    how is it balanced? i have 10 units against 20, yet i don't lose a single man, even if he has some spear infantry. and i need no tactic whatsoever, simply charge into the front. the battle often lasts less than one second after the first units meet.
    low base moral may be part of the reason, but non-cavalry simply can't do as much damage at the first contact.

Deleted
    how is it balanced? i have 10 units against 20, yet i don't lose a single man, even if he has some spear infantry. and i need no tactic whatsoever, simply charge into the front. the battle often lasts less than one second after the first units meet.
    low base moral may be part of the reason, but non-cavalry simply can't do as much damage at the first contact.
    Duh, they aren't meant to. Are you surprised that horses move faster than men?

Deleted
    thighhighs are awesome!!!
    Indeed they are. Indeed they are.

*Points to Baekhyun*

"..And here I present to you his sister, Daenaerrrys Stormborn, also, of House Tarrgarrryen."

Ahh I <3 it when they do that with the r's.. ;p
    >>> And then.. <<<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetarism View Post
    *Points to Baekhyun*

"..And here I present to you his sister, Daenaerrrys Stormborn, also, of House Tarrgarrryen."

u wot m80

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Indeed they are. Indeed they are.
    Why are you such a slut.

<infracted> there's no need for that.
    Last edited by Anakso; 2013-06-13 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    Me too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Why are you such a slut.
    Wow, rude.
    Mods pls uninfract Zefie he did nothing wrong ;__; </3

*Points to Baekhyun*
    What the fuck are you on about?