Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

5.4 Golden Lotus daily achiev and Alani

Theses achievements are still doable on the PTR? And Alani still obteinable?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen alani flying around in one of those ptr videos.

Deleted
    Check forums, non stop threads about this, you can still get them but the quest chain will be a FOS if I'm correct

afaik the achievement for completing the golden lotus storyline (as in you actually did the dailies and didn't grind the rep through warbringers) is becoming a feat of strength as you will no longer be able to do said quest line due to the golden pagoda being decimated.

As far as Alani goes, i have no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    afaik the achievement for completing the golden lotus storyline (as in you actually did the dailies and didn't grind the rep through warbringers) is becoming a feat of strength as you will no longer be able to do said quest line due to the golden pagoda being decimated.

As far as Alani goes, i have no idea.
    So we wont beable to get exalted with the Golden Lotus in 5.4 and beyond via dailies? Well, screw my arse, I gotta get to work and do as many dallies as I can befor then (yes, I know there are the Stolen Golden Lotus Insignia)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Yes, according to the notes on the front page the Eternally in the Vale Achievement has the 10 point value removed, and is converted to a feat of strength.

Seen on a screenshot found here, http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...&postcount=497 Alani would seem to be still flying around.

That will mean a hell of a grind though for the Skyshards, of which I only have 2 so far.
    IF the mount is still obtainable, and Alani flying about is not simply an oversight.

What does this mean for the Quest Achivs for "One Step at a Time"?

I only have 1 of 2 done (got exalted, and stopped), and it really sucks as a melee class...but I don't want to miss out on it, even if it means I have to go do dailies over and over until our realm "rolls" the right daily set to get the one I'm missing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

You get skyshards from any mobs in the vale. Don't have to be on GL quests (or any quests). They're just an RNG collect-a-thon.

Barring something crazy, like the removal of all mobs in the vale, it'll still be obtainable.

The question is the unlucky Jewelcrafters that couldn't earn a pet design from them are screwed now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    What does this mean for the Quest Achivs for "One Step at a Time"?

I only have 1 of 2 done (got exalted, and stopped), and it really sucks as a melee class...but I don't want to miss out on it, even if it means I have to go do dailies over and over until our realm "rolls" the right daily set to get the one I'm missing...
    There are some tricks avaiable at wowhead.com if you search your achievement....something like "The Thunder Below" is an active quest if there are spiders outside Guo'Lai.

Took me two days in a row to get that acheivement, also there are youtube videos showing you tricks like stealth potions for the stone quilen etc.

---------

What is the droprate on that jade cub design for jewelers? I'd like to get one before 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    What is the droprate on that jade cub design for jewelers? I'd like to get one before 5.4
    Any droprates you'll find are skewed because it's only visible by Jewelcrafters. My own JC got it after a few days, but that might just have been luck.

The pattern also drops from the Serpent's Heart, at a roughly 1% drop-rate according to Wowhead.

What are the items that drop that let you fight Alani?

I got to Exalted with Golden Lotus through dailies and I don't think I ever say any. I must have either vendored it not knowing what it was or deleted it to make bag space (which I think is unlikely). I thought it was just a rare drop from Vale mobs, is this not true? Or are they really rare enough that you can daily to Exalted and still not see any?

Quote Originally Posted by Smigel View Post
    Skyshard , you need 10 of those

Pretty rare, but RNG is RNG. I did dailies to exalted on 2 toons and only saw 2 (need 10) total.

GF did dailies intermittently and has 7, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I got to Exalted with Golden Lotus through dailies and I don't think I ever say any. I must have either vendored it not knowing what it was or deleted it to make bag space (which I think is unlikely). I thought it was just a rare drop from Vale mobs, is this not true? Or are they really rare enough that you can daily to Exalted and still not see any?
    Skyshard, a rare lootable from either the Treasures of the Vale award container at the end of the golden lotus dailies, or at an exceptionally low drop rate from selected creatures in the vale.
    You need 10 of them, which are then combined and used to remove the protective buff from Alani.

Fortunately they are bind to account, so should you obtain them on different characters then you could simply mail them across to a single one.
    Given how it seems for some people that they looted them from the treasures rather than a zone loot, then it is worth doing the dailies on as many as possible.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-06-13 at 04:19 PM.

They don't have a vendor value, so cannot be sold.
    They are epic, so you have to confirm you want to destroy them.

I've got 2 or 3 Shards, with three characters at exalted and a few others hovering at Honored/Revered. They seem rare enough, but I never actually tried farming normal mobs (just did dailies).

With so many achievs tied to GL dailies, it would be quite strange to see them go. Maybe we are missing something here, and GL quests will be still up, at least until you will do some specific quest, which will phase it out with new one? That would be best way to do it.

Also, if Gl dailies will be removed, it will be bad - they were ok'ish for getting charms (at least first set), and other dailies have so much idiotic design, it makes you vomit at a thought of doing them more than once.

Ghostcrawler on Alani: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...47295824453632 (Not being removed)

Ghostcrawler on GL dailies: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...76580337184770 (Being removed, but other rep gain methods still available)

I'd imagine that means all GL quest related achievements will become FoS. Won't know for sure until 5.4 hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    checklist for achievements:

-Spreading the Warmth
    -Roll Club
    -Eternally in the Vale
    -One Many Army
    -One Step at a Time
    -Ready for Raiding III

You may also do the dailies if you want the design for [Sapphire Cub] (Jewelcrafting only) or some Skyshards for Alani.

please correct me if I forgot an achievement or if you can still do an achievement after 5.4 (e.g. One Many Army)

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Just as a heads up the Dailies at the Training Grounds area of the Vale are up today on Broxigar. Not sure if this is an oversight or they are just staying because the corruption didn't make it that far down the vale.