Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I mean that adults take responsibility for the situations into which they put themselves and for the consequences of their decisions. Adults might do something they'd rather not because they need something else (go to a job they don't like because they need to pay rent, run LFR because they want a shot at some loot) but they realize going in that it's going to be annoying and don't continually whine about it while there.
    100% agree, it's well known what LFR is and what it is not. Going into it, expecting proper play, execution of mechanics, general knowledge of anything, or even people actually being at the computer is setting yourself up for disappointment. I don't really fault people for AFKing, there is no penalty for it and there is no compelling reason to actually try in LFR, so you may as well do something "productive". I will say that, as a tank, it really sucks having to actually BE attentive in LFR, but that's another issue.

And no, the people who make chat toxic are annoying assholes who bitch the entire time. Look, I'm not defending the AFKers or the auto-attackers, but you know by now that they're going to be there. All whining a lot does is make the chat poisonous. Instead, I run the wings that hold loot that I need, do a reasonable job at my role (I heal and DPS) but I don't flask or pre-pot. I don't need any loot from a couple of the wing so... I don't run them. Funny, that...
    That was my point; after ~30 seconds, someone will say something that starts a chain reaction. Everyone bitches the entire duration (unless they're AFK) which just makes it miserable.

I don't run LFR on anything anymore, simply because I just can't stomach it. My main doesn't need anything luckily, but I have a few alts that could use stuff... It's just not worth the effort/hassle/drama/headache/repairs/loss of sanity.

I really hope that they remove LFR (now that Flex is on the books) NOT because "hurrdurr I'm a heroic raider" but instead because it's an utter failure of a system, which NOBODY enjoys or looks forward to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    I just did Garalon where there were 2 healers that only healed each other and we had to wait like half an hour just to kick them because Garalon moved too slow to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I just did Garalon where there were 2 healers that only healed each other and we had to wait like half an hour just to kick them because Garalon moved too slow to kill them.
    That's actually sort of ingenious >_>

Me and my friends usually kick people, who point out things like this as well. Well, if they point at us. Or those, who yell about incorrect specs. So yeah, nothing new, get used to it I guess?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWh9aY4pas

Guy dings from fresh 90 to killing Lei Shen LFR afking through every 5 man/raid.
    Whatever. Why do you give people like this attention?

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 11:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    it's an utter failure of a system, which NOBODY enjoys or looks forward to.
    You're sure of that?

Absolutely positive?

So sure of it YOU PUT IT IN CAPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Whatever. Why do you give people like this attention?

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 11:55 AM ----------

You're sure of that?

Absolutely positive?

So sure of it YOU PUT IT IN CAPS?
    Because some believe those people owe them, thus it outrages them when they see them doing nothing, and because of that, a lot of attention is brought. Which honestly just feeds them. It's a beautiful endless cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    You deserved the kick then, Top DPS or not being an ass is always deserving a kick.
    Next time Simply point out that someone is AFK, Right Click start vote and then carry on.
    People like you are why I afk in lfr.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Because some believe those people owe them, thus it outrages them when they see them doing nothing, and because of that, a lot of attention is brought. Which honestly just feeds them. It's a beautiful endless cycle.
    People making videos of themselves being assholes in WoW is a worthless subculture I'm just not going to have anything to do with.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are more tolerant towards slackers than they are to people who rant, yell and bitch around.

Basically, the majority of the community are nice people who just want to have a good time and have no problem carrying some 'noobs', whereas they hate their fun being disturbed by some guy who will just not shut up about something that is entirely irrelevant to those people.

Whatever. Why do you give people like this attention?[COLOR="red"]
    I've seen this guy as more of an art project than anything else. Banksy, Mr. Brainwash, and MikePreachWoW. His argument was basically: WoW is failing because it's not very accessible for new players because the game has grown more accessible for new players.

10+ Year Old Account
    People making videos of themselves being assholes in WoW is a worthless subculture I'm just not going to have anything to do with.
    Except he doesn't do it normally and isn't trying to brag. He did it to illustrate a point.

I'm so glad that I can afk in AFK because of people not caring, and play other games while gearing up with free epics

You can't fight against them, I joined them way in the beginning since Dragon Soul LFR. And its actually pretty cool

Just do what I do and hang out in vent and make fun of all the mongoloids(mostly from Spanish servers)

Hilarious to read. Seriously what do you expect if the trash of the game is clumbed up in LFR? Get over it. Get some lucky rolls (I expect you still need normal gear) and move along. Others will do the kicks if you wipe. If you don't wipe then just be happy and keep shut up. Trying to educate the unteachable never ends as expected.

Just ignore it. Once you have been through a lot you will learn not to argue with ppl online. If you are cool, stay; if you don't like them, ignore, or leave. If you are trying to convince everyone to do whatever you want, you are no different than those f**kers in your mouth.

There is also another picture about your story. Usually if you are paying attention on whether others are afk, you are not doing your job well unless he obviously stood in fire and will wipe the group. What would I feel if I was doing my job well but just need to pee and when I came back a dk who was auto-attacking the whole time said in chat to vote to kick me? Most of time ppl who report afk are those who are not doing their job but staring at others and yell "oh i caught someone afk". Are they any different than afkers?

LFR is not heroic. If it's not critical then just ignore them and do your job. If they were seriously making things worse, you don't need to report either. People will kick them. If you can't stand that, find someone you are cool with, do normal and stay out of lfr.

So whats the moral of this? People hate dicks more than slackers.

Next time phrase it constructively.

For dps it's difficult to care if it's one or two people, though if there's things giving poblems from things like idle dps or dps-healers, usualy all you need to do is mention it's going on, and leave it to the others of the raid to find out who.

As long as the bosses die and the pace is withing reason, there is no need to kick anyone. Save yourself alot of time and just go in there, do your job at least decently and ignore everything that is written anywhere.

If the raid wipes just once you can kick half the raid if you want to, anyone will click yes at that point.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you've wiped you should politely point out that xyz person did 5k dps or this healer survived the whole fight and did only 10k hps.
    But be prepared for that AFK'r to protect his laziness by encouraging them to vote you.

Don't be a disruptive jerk about it though or people will only care about silencing you.

In LFR the best to do is: do your job, don't mind the other ones unless everyone else or at least a good part of the riad is pointing out stuff. If you want to kick someone who is AFK just right click it and vote to kick, you'll see that many others do the same thing just not to point stuff and getting kicked like you where. Have fun.