Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Hunters need a big fucking nerf.
    We've already gotten several and there's seemingly no end in sight. We're not even that good anymore. Bad players just get owned up for free. Good players have no issues with Hunters in their current state. Yes we still have good CC but our burst is fucking gone now.

Mages get to keep their top notch CC and best burst in the game. The Hunter complaining is frankly stupid at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    We've already gotten several and there's seemingly no end in sight. We're not even that good anymore. Bad players just get owned up for free. Good players have no issues with Hunters in their current state. Yes we still have good CC but our burst is fucking gone now.

Mages get to keep their top notch CC and best burst in the game. The Hunter complaining is frankly stupid at this point.
    Clueless poster is clueless. Hunter is currently one of the most overpowered classes in the history of wow-pvp.

That includes death knights in season 5. Yeah... its that bad!

Coming from the view of a rogue : Last patch hunters were much more overpowered than they are now. Our 2nd vanish helps a ton, but it seems like they're pet doesn't do nearly as much damage and 90 percent of hunters don't know what to do beyond using all their cooldowns hoping for a kill.

Of course other classes no doubt have much more trouble with them.

BM needs to be gutted to unplayable in pvp. It has always been the least skilled, most faceroll spec. Force hunters to go marks and watch how pathetically 90% of hunters will cry that their class is worthless when marks is actually pretty good atm and more difficult to play.

MoP hunter domination is seriously one of the longest streak of 1 class being the most blatantly overpowered. With the 5.4 changes, I see BM still being top tier if not still very overpowered. Sure they lose silencing shot, but their main spam gets at 50% dmg buff, and the focus cost buff will be hardly noticeable.

When I first started the game. A level cap hunter friend of mine helped me choose my first character, a tauren hunter. He said to think of the pet as a dot. Oh how times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    BM needs to be gutted to unplayable in pvp. It has always been the least skilled, most faceroll spec. Force hunters to go marks and watch how pathetically 90% of hunters will cry that their class is worthless when marks is actually pretty good atm and more difficult to play.

MoP hunter domination is seriously one of the longest streak of 1 class being the most blatantly overpowered. With the 5.4 changes, I see BM still being top tier if not still very overpowered. Sure they lose silencing shot, but their main spam gets at 50% dmg buff, and the focus cost buff will be hardly noticeable.
    $500 that this guy is a mage..

The "longest" domination streak, LOL.

You MUST be new.

Its mostly BM that is the problem, if you look up arena statistics almost every top hunter is BM. Next patch the silencing shot change will help bring BM down, but the rest of the changes for 5.4 look like PvE stuff. Honestly I think BM's damage should be reduced because of the near 100% uptime for their damage and ease of CC. Another idea could be that Silencing Shot should only silence if you actually interrupt a spell with it, or put a small focus cost on it. Don't look at 2s for balancing, 9/10 times a hunter is paired with a disc priest because of the DR differences. In fact, I'm looking at crossladder right now and every top hunter comp has a disc priest. Maybe try linking their DR? IDK, but hunters are in a spot right now where they are definitely a little too strong, but a small change could easily destroy them.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Yeah... Nerf it to shit followed by another wave of qq followed by a wave of don't rebuff qq and fuck it's just a vicious cycle.

If the game was new fair enough but after years of experience, SOME balance should be achieved :/
    Especially when they're some how doing a WORSE job of balancing than they were 4 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    So 11 seasons of under=representation and noby gives a fuck...just when hunters start to shine everybody and their mother QQs about hunters....what about those mages that que solo vs 2 ppl and win at 1900? oh wait we got used to mages being OP so no need to QQ anymore...what about hose locks that will soak all ur burst and still have over 500k hp? nvm we're used to wizz cleaves dominating...lets just QQ about hunters...well news flash...hunters just got buffed 3 days ago, u knw why...cuz in pve we're way behind most classes...blv it or not pve does exist and hunters arent doing that great there...problem wit hunters is that all the 1500s should learn how to deal with them
    problem is. Hunters are OP. So are mages, but less... Since people with brains can counter them.

Quote Originally Posted by Droluxx View Post

You MUST be new.
    Yea no, not a mage. So tell me, when was the last time a class was BLATANTLY overpowered for 2 full seasons? Mage? Oh wait, locks were overpowered too.. Rogues in cata? That was really only 1 season, and locks were just as ridiculous. Hunters are on their own pedestal right now and have been pretty much all of MoP. People thought mages and wars were ridiculous last season, but thats also when triple BM hunters were r1 on certain bgs. People need to wake up, bm hunters have been s5 dk level for 2 entire seasons.

So 11 seasons of under=representation and noby gives a fuck...just when hunters start to shine everybody and their mother QQs about hunters....what about those mages that que solo vs 2 ppl and win at 1900? oh wait we got used to mages being OP so no need to QQ anymore...what about hose locks that will soak all ur burst and still have over 500k hp? nvm we're used to wizz cleaves dominating...lets just QQ about hunters...well news flash...hunters just got buffed 3 days ago, u knw why...cuz in pve we're way behind most classes...blv it or not pve does exist and hunters arent doing that great there...problem wit hunters is that all the 1500s should learn how to deal with them
    Underrepresentation? S3 hunt/lock/druid (amazing setup lots of glads), S4 - rdruid/priest/hunt = double heal ooms teams in 20-30 sec (picked glad on rdruid in this setup), S5 PHD/Ret-Hunt-Sham and then beastcleave, protwar-hunt-pal, feral-hunt-pal, rog-ret-hunt, dk-ret-hunt, rog-hunt-priest, arms-hunt-pal, jungcleave (that holded #1 on my BG uncontested till RLS became completly out of hand), all phys dmg based 5v5 setups etc. and so on. Hunters going strong since S3 and only now when they became completly idiotproof + Blizz nerfed SPs + buffed rets/ferals dmg you see ppls complaining becouse getting zerged down by hunters with 3 trinkets, fuckload of INSTANT CC and insane defences along with their ability to kite is uncounterable by majority of other classes so all they can do is find a hunter for themselfs and join the party. Too bad there're just so many hunters, becouse as game is played atm we clearly need 2-3 times more so every melee could get one for themself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    hunters aren't op guyzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    hunters aren't op guyzzzzz
    Oh, okay. Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. (Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I am in case you were wondering. )

But honestly, putting aside them being OP, it sucks seeing so many Hunters simply because queuing into hunter team after hunter team after hunter team just gets boring. It's a shame that so many baddies with minimal skill flocked to Hunter this season (last season as well, but not as much).
    Last edited by Syh; 2013-06-14 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Yea no, not a mage. So tell me, when was the last time a class was BLATANTLY overpowered for 2 full seasons? Mage? Oh wait, locks were overpowered too.. Rogues in cata? That was really only 1 season, and locks were just as ridiculous. Hunters are on their own pedestal right now and have been pretty much all of MoP. People thought mages and wars were ridiculous last season, but thats also when triple BM hunters were r1 on certain bgs. People need to wake up, bm hunters have been s5 dk level for 2 entire seasons.
    Hunters were NEVER underpowered. They always swung between Good and OP As Fuck, right now it's the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't justify being op. Hunters need a nerf, but they've done it the wrong way (as always). Removing SS is a huge mistake.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Hunters were NEVER underpowered. They always swung between Good and OP As Fuck, right now it's the latter.
    Apart from in Cata where they were garbage. Inb4 they were fine because you got killed by one in a bg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

Apart from in Cata where they were garbage. Inb4 they were fine because you got killed by one in a bg.
    Really? Garbage? I played Mm in cata and nothing could get to me, ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Droluxx View Post

You MUST be new.
    Why a mage? The longest domination streak goes to warlocks.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters have been strong since S3 however traditionally they have had a high skill cap, resulting in easy kills @1500-1800 but then the 2k+ players who knew how to actually play the class properly were freaking insane with them. Statisticly on paper this would make them appear to be quite under representative at high ratings due to ppl not having the patience and time to actually become skilled and just give up when they get stomped on at lower ratings.

The result of this is that blizz has steadly been lowering the skill cap over the years, allowing those 1500 heros to win more games.

Fast forward to MOP and the end result is the same sick burst and cc but with a stupidly low skill cap, i mean you don't even need line of sight for your hardest hitting ability with an unpeelable pet as BM, wuts the deal with that!!

3 Trinkets.............just say it in your head and try to tell me its not overpowered. Your trinket is the single most important item of gear for arena, period. And you have 3 of them!!

Most of the kiting tools were because of the minimum range dead zone hunters had, now thats gone, oh wait you kept them all and even got more ><

The SS change to Marks only is a step in the right direction, and i don't actually feel they need a damage nerf, its just that the damage is pretty much unpeelable/los able if your class doesnt have an immunity cd.

That doesn't justify being op. Hunters need a nerf, but they've done it the wrong way (as always). Removing SS is a huge mistake.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 11:53 AM ----------

They were OP as fuck in the beginning thanks to KFC, good in the middle and the class with the biggest number of glad viable comp in the end, so hunters weak in cata, just no.

Deleted
    You don't get to win Blizzcon if your class is garbage.