I run BS/Engi.

BS is best overall, providing 2 extra sockets, which is great for us, given our desire for haste.
    Engi isn't the best tank profession in terms of stats, but you get lots of fun and useful toys and QOL stuff.

Other good options:
    LW - free leg patches and 2 good wrist enchants. Probably the strongest tank prof with BS.
    Enchanting isn't terrible . Stam or STR to rings
    Alchemy isn't bad - extra flask duration and power (stam or STR)
    Inscrip - Just bonus stats on shoulder ench (Str or stam)

Mediocre but not awful:
    Herbalism - Yep, it's not THAT bad. Haste and a HOT...but I wouldn't get giddy over it
    Mining - Free stam is free
    JC - secondary stat gems (Haste, for example) don't get 2x bonus to stats here, so you lose out on 50% of the "bonus" if you use secondaries over primaries

Things to avoid:
    Skinning - Crit. Yay.
    Tailoring - Just assuming this sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Tailoring - Just assuming this sucks.
    But you gotta admit, you'd take Tailoring any day of the year if it provided something somewhat "ok", cuz you know... FLYING CARPET !!!!111½½!"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    But you gotta admit, you'd take Tailoring any day of the year if it provided something somewhat "ok", cuz you know... FLYING CARPET !!!!111½½!"!
    I primarily raided on my mage for TBC, WoTLK, and a bit in Cata, and I gotta say....flying carpet gets boring pretty fast.
    I recently got the Ony mount (after months of farming) and it's my favorite at the moment.<3

Uh, OT - I'm BS and Mining...like Nairobi said, BS is awesome for those extra sockets and Mining is free stam. Yay.
    I've seen people claim that they got rejected from guilds because they had gathering professions...is that really a thing? That seems absolutely ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I primarily raided on my mage for TBC, WoTLK, and a bit in Cata, and I gotta say....flying carpet gets boring pretty fast.
    I recently got the Ony mount (after months of farming) and it's my favorite at the moment.<3

Uh, OT - I'm BS and Mining...like Nairobi said, BS is awesome for those extra sockets and Mining is free stam. Yay.
    I've seen people claim that they got rejected from guilds because they had gathering professions...is that really a thing? That seems absolutely ridiculous.
    ~

I'm the guild master so I ain't getting rejected but I got heckled to no end until I dropped Mining for something else :d.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    ~

I'm the guild master so I ain't getting rejected but I got heckled to no end until I dropped Mining for something else :d.
    Wouldn't say that it's that bad for prot.

Deleted
    Any tips you guys can give me for Megaera HC? We managed like an hour of tries tonight and we almost killed her in the end. Seems like a really easy fight and hardest part was setting up a proper rotation of cooldowns so people wouldn't die to that crazy ass rampage.

Also having a little bit of trouble grabbing the adds when they spawn in fucktown mountain across the world.

So, again, any tips or strategies you guys found useful for this fight?

We're 2 tanking it atm, swapping based on stacks and we grab adds based on who's closest to their spawn point.

I was having trouble grabbing all of them just before the 6th rampage, mostly.

Have a plate DPS grab adds.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Have a plate DPS grab adds.
    Our only plate DPS is a Fury Warr, should he go Def stance, grab them and bring'em towards us? We considered it but it seemed like a big DPS loss as adds keep spawning in greater frequency/numbers (as a tank I can kill them fast enough, problem is grabbing aggro on all of them when they spawn far away).

Hi dear pallies my guild have recently down jin rokh and ji kun heroic yay! and currently working on progression for H Horridon my question is at what HP should horridon be once the 4th door is down? on the attempts that we manage to drop the 4th door Horri was at around 89% and we saved lust for jalak. but after that it starts going down the drain as I'm unable to lived through the direcall+3punch+melee combo help please....

here is da link to my armory? on a side note do i need more HP for this encounter? Thanks!
    meh it wont let me post my armory link

meh my character name is Kaizerx on barthilas USA horde, please help armory meh
    Last edited by Kaizerx; 2013-06-14 at 06:51 AM. Reason: adding more details

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizerx View Post
    Hi dear pallies my guild have recently down jin rokh and ji kun heroic yay! and currently working on progression for H Horridon my question is at what HP should horridon be once the 4th door is down? on the attempts that we manage to drop the 4th door Horri was at around 89% and we saved lust for jalak. but after that it starts going down the drain as I'm unable to lived through the direcall+3punch+melee combo help please....

here is da link to my armory? on a side note do i need more HP for this encounter? Thanks!

on our first couple of kills i think he was about the same amount - 85% ish. he drops quickly when he's focussed by the dps with the stacks on him. All i can say about the hurt phase is to chain cds (including externals) and bubble off stacks whenever you can (about 3 stacks). save major cds for the dire call.

i cant armoury you as im at "work", but do you need more hp? 10 man i dont think so, 25 man id recommend using a health trinket.

EDIT: ive only done this on 25 man, but i suspect this boss is easier on 25 man as you can stack more tanks, and have more resses for the last phase, so tank deaths arent such an issue.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-06-14 at 07:35 AM.

Ahh...okok cos I only have around 720k hp fully raid buff I wasnt sure if its due to my low HP i always dropped to horri spike haha... okok thanks alot

Deleted
    Ahh...okok cos I only have around 720k hp fully raid buff I wasnt sure if its due to my low HP i always dropped to horri spike haha... okok thanks alot
    That being said having more HP definately is the best way to "mitigate" the nasty melee/triple/direcall combo as they happen "at the same time". If you're using appropriate cds, and you're still dying to it then i would say using a stam trinket would be a good option.

I cant honestly say if your health pool is good enough or not btw, as all i see when i raid is my health % lol. Dont have the absolute values on my ui, so whenever some random asks me what my health is i always reply .....100% :S.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 08:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Just checked. Yes it is dynamic. I actually thought it was snap shot before. You learn something new every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Well damn. So, no point in re-shielding for Hero...one less thing to do I guess.

Odd that they'd have dynamic haste but static AP/SP coefficients.
    I expect you folks were too busy sorting out DBM/macros/keybinds to notice

Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-06-14 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    I cant honestly say if your health pool is good enough or not btw, as all i see when i raid is my health % lol. Dont have the absolute values on my ui, so whenever some random asks me what my health is i always reply .....100% :S.
    High-five brother :P
    My friends always judge LFR groupies by their health and I'm always left like :| whats a health?

Right before Jalak falls, bubble off your stacks of Triple Puncture and do it again through BoP at ~5. Chain your CDs together on that phase. Holy Avenger (great talent on this fight), Guardian, Ardent Defender, here I call out for an external (Pain Suppression), and by now HA should be back up. After that it won't matter much since he'll enrage and one-shot you. Glyphed DP for those uneasy periods between big CDs.

Healers need to bomb you because you'll be taking damage and really can't afford to expend HP on WoG, and even LoH is risky because of forbearance. They cannot panic after Dire Call as they have a whole minute to heal everyone up.

Your health is enough; I'm at about 745k buffed in 25 H.

Horridon wants to be below 85% to make the enrage timer. Jalak must die before the 5th AoE damage otherwise people will start to get one-shotted.

Only use LoH if both Bubble and HoP are off-cooldown. Have at least ShoR up for EVERY triple puncture. Divine Protection or pain-sup alone is not enough to save you when jalak is down. Avoid using Holy Avenger and guardian at the 4th door; you will need them before the cooldown expires.

Otherwise follow common-sense stuff. Don't taunt without 5 holy power banked. Don't taunt immediately before triple puncture. Don't taunt if you are under 80% life. Holy Prism will save people's lives, it is a massive chunk of healing with the AP levels you get.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-06-14 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Our only plate DPS is a Fury Warr, should he go Def stance, grab them and bring'em towards us? We considered it but it seemed like a big DPS loss as adds keep spawning in greater frequency/numbers (as a tank I can kill them fast enough, problem is grabbing aggro on all of them when they spawn far away).
    In a word; yes.

We used a ret pal initially (lol RF), then once we had the ret go Holy (and our shaman stay Ele for the retard-cleave), we had our DK pick them up. Basically just "tank" them long enough to get cleaved the fuck down by the ele (or whatever you have).

Honestly, now we can just skip the tank altogether and burst them, but you may not be there gear wise. Also note that RoP is a great tool here (if you have a monk), as is RoFrost, cap totem, leg sweep. Basically you can just CC them and nuke instead of trying to tank.

OR

You can glyph consecrate and just drop it on them when they spawn to drag em to you, if you don't want to lose the DPS from your warrior.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 02:32 PM ----------

720k raid buffed is PLENTY (for 10s). I don't even run with that much (well, maybe close to it now...but that's at 542 ilvl). If you're dropping to spikes, it's a matter of not having ShotR up.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    That being said having more HP definately is the best way to "mitigate" the nasty melee/triple/direcall combo as they happen "at the same time". If you're using appropriate cds, and you're still dying to it then i would say using a stam trinket would be a good option.
    I use UbS for this fight and glyphed DivProt to allow for more "buffer" room. Basically, you should be able to survive any TP with just ShotR, and use DivProt for any TP/Call combo. I don't touch AD/GoAK until the last phase unless something has gone terribly wrong. I also use HA to give "cruise control" periods on this fight (so that I can stand in swipes for vengeance, etc), which is also a great CD.

Wings/HA on pull. HA on door 2. Wings/HA on door 3. HA on door 4. Wings/HA when Jalak jumps down.

I expect you folks were too busy sorting out DBM/macros/keybinds to notice

I actually stole most of Choice's UI last night to update my stuff, and ended up setting up TMW to show SS time/power (and veng power) after learning about this.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Right before Jalak falls, bubble off your stacks of Triple Puncture and do it again through BoP at ~5. Chain your CDs together on that phase. Holy Avenger (great talent on this fight), Guardian, Ardent Defender, here I call out for an external (Pain Suppression), and by now HA should be back up. After that it won't matter much since he'll enrage and one-shot you. Glyphed DP for those uneasy periods between big CDs.

Healers need to bomb you because you'll be taking damage and really can't afford to expend HP on WoG, and even LoH is risky because of forbearance. They cannot panic after Dire Call as they have a whole minute to heal everyone up.

Your health is enough; I'm at about 745k buffed in 25 H.
    Very good points. Again, I use UbS for a 2.5 min bubble, and when I was learning the fight, I bubbled door 1, BoP'd door 2, bubbled door 3, then had my co-tank take Horridon for 2 TP's (til bubble was off CD) and took it back for the rest of the fight. You can also get an external BoP at the end if you have one.

I'd avoid LoH unless you KNOW you won't have bubble/BoP up.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Horridon wants to be below 85% to make the enrage timer. Jalak must die before the 5th AoE damage otherwise people will start to get one-shotted.

Only use LoH if both Bubble and HoP are off-cooldown. Have at least ShoR up for EVERY triple puncture. Divine Protection or pain-sup alone is not enough to save you when jalak is down. Avoid using Holy Avenger and guardian at the 4th door; you will need them before the cooldown expires.

Otherwise follow common-sense stuff. Don't taunt without 5 holy power banked. Don't taunt immediately before triple puncture. Don't taunt if you are under 80% life. Holy Prism will save people's lives, it is a massive chunk of healing with the AP levels you get.
    If you HA at the start of the 4th door, you'll have it up when Jalak drops. But don't use it more than 15-30 secs into the door.

HPr is beast here! Like, 1-1.5mil burst heal after a Dire Call.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    To be completely honest about tripple puncture / direcall combos. Before I first reached Horridon HC, I heard a lot about those being deadly and shit, so I was prepared for some serious damage. However when I first got there, boss was like. Noooodles! I never used and CD for a TP+DC combo, only in the last phase. Only with SotR you dont even drop below 60% health on those.

Really, feels like paladin tanking still boils down to, time your SotR well. IMMORTAL!

Ya I noticed that when I started tanking Horridon on my paladin since last week.
    Fight's a joke for protadins - as long as you got every triple puncture covered with ShoR you don't even need to dispel the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Ya I noticed that when I started tanking Horridon on my paladin since last week.
    Fight's a joke for protadins - as long as you got every triple puncture covered with ShoR you don't even need to dispel the debuff.
    Yep. I was so worried about the horrible memories from week 2 that I was pre-emptively clearing stacks every door as recently as 2 weeks ago. I stopped (cause it was farm night and I was drinking/carrying on) and was like "heywait, i'm not dying".

Now I just bubble-clear on door 3 and again when Jalak is down. ShotR, even nerfed, is more than sufficient.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    I'll second the motion: Triple Puncture timer is your best fucking friend. Always be aware of it, live by it or DIE by it, really. Never let it go out of mind, put ShotR up for it every time and you'll be ok (though you may need DP and/or GoAK if you're still getting chainsawfucked during Jalak's cries).

Back to Megaera HC (sorry Nairobi): glyphed Consecrate is okay for when I'm in range but sometimes they spawn so far the only thing that hits'em is Holy Prism >.<. Also, did you 2 or 3 heal it? Our monk healer said he was barely doing anything outside of Rampage phases and we considered dropping to 2 healers next Sunday (when we raid again) but I'm nto sure they can handle rampaging with only 2 atm.