Thread: Nazgrim

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    The greatest tragedy of this expansion is that we have to kill Nazgrim but we're still not allowed to kill Brann Bronzebeard.
    How dare you!

Besides, Lorewalker Cho is worse.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    No, it puts into perspective just how incredibly flawed the Mak'Gora is. It doesn't matter what your views are or how dumb you might be, if you're physically stronger then you're going to have a much better shot. Don't forget, before the Scourge interrupted the first duel, Garrosh was winning (seriously, check a random video of it or something, Garrosh had 5-10% more health than Thrall at the time of the interruption). That's an absolute crime.
    Actually no, Garrosh wasn't winning by his own merits when he figthed Thrall, cause in the comics you can see that Thrall let himself get beaten by Garrosh cause he say "If he lose it will only help to feed his anger"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So Vol'jin cant even backstab properly, that doesnt make him less of a coward. More of an idiot, surely.
    So your arguing is Vol'jin is a coward.

when Vol'jin tells Garrosh to his face, he's now an Idiot?

I think you're just some pathetic fool who hates Vol'jin because he's now an interesting character.

Just like a Shadow Hunter, he is stepping the boundry between a Light, honorable leader and a Dark, Sinister Assassin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I think you're just some pathetic fool who hates Vol'jin because he's now an interesting character.
    There is nothing interesting about Vol'jin, people just flock to him because he threatened Garrosh. His entire fame is depending on another character. Not exactly something to be proud of. And he has never really done anything major in WoW, and all he probably does in 5.4 is stand there and give you a quest or two.

Yeah, such an interesting character. If you ask me, he's just slightly more interesting than Gallywix or Mekkatorque.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    There is nothing interesting about Vol'jin, people just flock to him because he threatened Garrosh. His entire fame is depending on another character. Not exactly something to be proud of. And he has never really done anything major in WoW, and all he probably does in 5.4 is stand there and give you a quest or two.

Yeah, such an interesting character. If you ask me, he's just slightly more interesting than Gallywix or Mekkatorque.
    Well at least i have always find Vol'jin cool, he's the second most bad ass troll (IMO Zul'jin is the most badass troll XD )

I can always feel that when people show no passion to WOW, it's only because they play this game deeply enough. This is what they always say" It's only a game"

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The good General will end up with last words akin to "With this, I am released from service. Thank you." or something as cliché as that. But judging from the Encounter details, he will be dying.

And if it pisses people off, I'd say that's an emotional response that Blizzard may have been looking for. Being angry that one of your favourite NPCs has been killed off means you are sad he's no longer around basically. A good move I feel.
    Whether it's good or not depends entirely on who you're pissed at. If you're pissed at Garrosh for putting you in this situation, that's good. It's narrative investment. If you're pissed at Blizzard for putting in you in the situation, that's bad. Trouble is that Nazgrim's personality has several possible interpretations, and a fair chunk of them do not jive with him dying in this raid. It feels forced. And not in the good way. They're walking a thin, thin line on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Don't forget, before the Scourge interrupted the first duel, Garrosh was winning (seriously, check a random video of it or something, Garrosh had 5-10% more health than Thrall at the time of the interruption). That's an absolute crime.
    Nope, in Heart of War Garrosh says clearly to himself that he has been LUCKY that the Herald of the Lich King attacked the city, because he knew that when Thrall would have began to make things "seriously", he would have been obilterated.

Similarly, Cairne only challenged Garrosh because he, being a Tauren and all, knew he was much more physically apt than his adversary, and unsurprisingly, he dominated a large part of the fight. He just didn't take Magatha's appearance into account.
    Not excatly, warriors are not all about physical strenght, but skill and experience too, and Garrosh was nothing but a pup compared to Cairne.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So Vol'jin cant even backstab properly, that doesnt make him less of a coward. More of an idiot, surely.
    The fact that he warned him is the excact reason for which he DIDN'T backstab him, he "advised" to him to be careful and "watch the shadows". This is not like cowards act, cowards simply lick your ass until the very moment they backstab you. But good job in spinning the matter for turn it everytime in the most convenient way for justify your biased hate.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

Indeed, he had the balls to openly speak his mind to Garrosh despite his douchy "I'm the Warchief, shut up moron" attitude, openly threaten him when the amazing "Warchief" continued his appealing way of dealing with advisors, and so, ofcourse, Vol'jin have to thank Garrosh for his "fame". Yep, logic.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-14 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    I really think it is sad that such great characters (this discussion shows how attached some people are to Nazgrim) dont get a bigger story, or a true one. Same goes for Mankrik, there is some kind of potential, but are left out or killed of. Its just sad.
    Instead of just using Nazgrim (if we really cant redeem him) they could have taken any orc or create a totally new one, Garrosh would have promoted.