Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    tortos doesn't count
    You mean because the entire top 10 dps spots on Tortos are Unholy DKs? LOL.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...f_Thunder/dps/

P.S. Is there a way to filter tank specs out of WoL's rankings? Goddamn Vengeance...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yes, I do mean that, because all of that damage is fake damage on bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You mean because the entire top 10 dps spots on Tortos are Unholy DKs? LOL.
    because 99% of the rankings on tortos is almost entirely scumbagging dps.
    I remember killing it once on my dk without touching the bats once. I did good single target dps but I was still way out of the range of ranking and this was a while ago. Can't image how bad it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rank limit on Tortos 25m HC is something stupid like 500k. Entirely due to cheesing on the bats with feather up while they're being kited and not supposed to die.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    As raidbot says

on 25h UH is the 4th melee spec:

1) assassination (100%)
    2) windwalker (97%)
    3) enhancement (96%)
    4) unholy (96%)
    5) fury (95%)
    6) feral (94%)
    7) retri (93%)

on 10h UH is the 2nd melee spec:

1) assassination (100%)
    2) unholy (97%)
    3) enhancement (96%)
    4) combat (94%)
    5) feral (94%)
    6) fury (94%)
    7) windwalker (93%)
    8) retri (92%)

so, what are you talking about?

I'm guessing the prevalence of Unholy DKs means that the Feather drops far more frequently then my luck would have it.

11 J-kun kills, 11 coin rolls. No feather either way. :<
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    I'm playing 2h frost, the supposed gimped terribad spec - and I'm keeping up plenty well with our Fire Mage and Demonology/Affliction Warlock in our heroic progression, as delayed as it is.

Noxxic's retarded DPS list putting us at the bottom means diddly. I feel powerful, and I more then earn my raid spot. Hard work means more then simcraft numbers.
    Ever thought your mages and wlocks are quite bad if u are even near them on charts

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    P.S. Is there a way to filter tank specs out of WoL's rankings? Goddamn Vengeance...
    I'd say try : http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    As raidbot says

on 25h UH is the 4th melee spec:

so, what are you talking about?
    The fact that we're the 4th melee spec, and the fact that melee is all below ranged, which makes us pretty bad overall.

Hmm and well judging by this frost DK seem to be pretty much consistantly in last place:
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Durumu_th...all/14/60/p80/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    The fact that we're the 4th melee spec, and the fact that melee is all below ranged, which makes us pretty bad overall.
    Did you even took the time to read my whole post or you just saw "4th spec" and skipped everything else? UH is 4th melee spec just under the rogues for about 4%... I repeat, f.o.u.r. p.e.r.c.e.n.t.

And who cares about ranged? You should compare dks with similar classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Protsku View Post
    Ever thought your mages and wlocks are quite bad if u are even near them on charts
    Nope. Ever thought I might be that good?

Considering, none of our failures or wipes on any content since the guild has formed has ever been related to anything but mechanics, we're always well, WELL ahead of any enrage timers or DPS mechanics. I don't really pay attention to anyone's performance but my own, because I can trust my fellow raiders to handle their shit.
    Last edited by Murdos; 2013-06-14 at 06:46 PM.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Ever thought I might be that good?

Considering, none of our failures or wipes on any content since the guild has formed has ever been related to anything but mechanics, we're always well, WELL ahead of any enrage timers or DPS mechanics. I don't really pay attention to anyone's performance but my own, because I can trust my fellow raiders to handle their shit.
    I believe the issue is the theoretical damage. Atleast for the 1-2 weeks I was able to raid with my new weapon properly I outdpsed most of my raiders too, but that's kind of irrelevant in my opinion when I'm sitting in the 90+th percentile for my class and they're sitting at 60 for theirs and the difference between our DPS is 5k. It just means if they were better than the average players they are then they'd be outstripping me.

Not that I'm amazing either, my main problem is consistency (especially with MS), but generally I do "bring the damage" to a high standard when I'm able to play in a comfortable way. I just feel my damage would be inferior if other people "brought" the damage and that I could succeed just as well by learning another class to the same skill level (which considering I rerolled DK at the start of MoP, and only started "raiding" in ToT with it, won't really be an issue for me if I wanted to be ready for next tier).

For example, if you're sitting at the 95th percentile all the time as Frost, you're clearly in content too easy for your specific skill level, and weighing yourself up with people who aren't around your approximate skill level is (imo) pointless.

I don't subscribe to theoretical DPS.

Because theoretically that means you only raid 25s, cover basic buffs, then stack nothing but Warlocks and Assassination Rogues to cast tricks on said warlocks.

Theoretically that's the absolute best possible DPS. Pragmatically that's fucking retarded.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't subscribe to theoretical DPS.

Because theoretically that means you only raid 25s, cover basic buffs, then stack nothing but Warlocks and Assassination Rogues to cast tricks on said warlocks.

Theoretically that's the absolute best possible DPS. Pragmatically that's fucking retarded.
    Sadly that would probably be the best way to do things if you could find about 8 world class warlocks and 4 world class rogues to put in the same guild.

Maybe not the rogues actually, they're weak on AoE and cleaving, but definitely the warlocks. The only issues would be gearing up the raid before progress would be awful.

That being said, I agree with you on some trains of thoughts, being a DK doesn't mean you don't deserve your raid spot, I just understand how people don't like being outdone even if they're playing extremely well on the encounter to someone who's playing at an average/slightly above average level because his class is "better" *cough* mages *cough*.

I mostly disliked the insinuation my friends were 'bad' because I happen to be able to play my class well, to be honest. I have a serious loathing for the absolute binary divide in thinking that dominates this and other forums.

If X is % better then Y, Y is bad. I hate that concept with the searing, burning unfathomable energy of a collapsing supergiant.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    If X is % better then Y, Y is bad. I hate that concept with the searing, burning unfathomable energy of a collapsing supergiant.
    Can I put this as a sign? <3

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    Can I put this as a sign? <3
    By all means, spread the word.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

The problem I'm having with my DK atm is that we don't really bring a whole lot to the raid, and while our damage is ok, it isn't amazing. I feel like if our damage was really top tier, then that would make up for the lack of usefulness in a raid.

Rogues bring great damage, Smoke Bomb, Cloak to cheese some mechanics, Feint to basically reduce damage from all mechanics, Tricks to help out raid dps.
    Warlocks bring amazing damage, lock gates, and health stones. Also bring CC for certain fights like Lei Shi.
    There are lots of other classes that I feel are way more useful to a raid (my alt that I play a lot happens to be an Ele Shaman and I feel like even that is more useful than a dps DK atm).

At the same time, I realize there are other classes like DKs that get pooped on in terms of balancing raid utility and damage.

Deleted
    By all means, spread the word.
    thanks a lot <3