Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Repentance will probably be changed. Made holy only?
    New talent to replace it.
    Definitely, definitely not. Absolutely not.

Deleted
    They finally hired someone who actually plays a ret paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    I can almost promise you that they won't make the glyph an instant cast. They just got done nerfing instant CCs last patch, they're not gonna go back on that. I hope I'm wrong, but meh.
    Lol instant Fear? PULEASE, do you not remember the pages of QQ regarding Warlock Blood Fear??? That will never go live and if it does then quickly nerfed through the floor.

** That's not cynicism, it's realism.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Lol instant Fear? PULEASE, do you not remember the pages of QQ regarding Warlock Blood Fear??? That will never go live and if it does then quickly nerfed through the floor.

** That's not cynicism, it's realism.
    I think you misquoted, but yea, I highly doubt they will give us instant fear.

so we're gonna stay using HoJ

I am a menace to my own destiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you realise they just gave a INSTANT AREA FEAR BASELINE on 40s CD to Locks, Right? Just as much as Priest have it baseline too. Takes no talent, no giving up any other CC, no glyph and can gear up to a lot of people - for free =D But if a Ret get it, its just wrong... I see...
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Turn Evil works on shapeshifted Druids. That is why it is better than Repentance. Repentance only works on humanoid targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    Do you realise they just gave a INSTANT AREA FEAR BASELINE on 40s CD to Locks, Right? Just as much as Priest have it baseline too. Takes no talent, no giving up any other CC, no glyph and can gear up to a lot of people - for free =D But if a Ret get it, its just wrong... I see...
    No. They are used defensively.

Blood Fear and if Turn Evil is instant can both be used offensively, you don't need to be in melee to use it (which would of have been hard now that the snare is gone). That's the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes Evil is a PoV offensive? The only diference is the Range and it's Single, not Area effect.

To me, an Area Effect even if short ranged is even more offensive than a Single - since the more people I CC, the less people are free to Dispel one another.

80% of the games I run to the healer, use Blinding Light, run back to the target to land a kill. Just becouse the range is small, it's a defensive hability? My Disc on x3 does this on demand, so I see a lot of Locks doing it.

Then the big diference in short is that you must run to range to CC or not. Is it that hard to do? Does'nt the fact that Turn Evil is 20yd and Blinding Light is 10yd tell you something?

So, if you think Howl of Terror and Phychic Scream are defensive and OK and Blood Fear is Ofensive and OP, think again.

I rather have Howl of Terror 100 times more than Evil is a PoV for being Area, doesn't matter the Range.

Due to the limited amount of dispels, a CC is something REALLY strong in PVP both ofensively, defensively and to an absurd amount of utility on RBGs. From what I'm used to read, people seems to think It's OK to have a strong area CC in short range and OP to have a non casted long range and I'm always /facepalm.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Deleted
    Am i reading too much into this;

http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/114154

Will this put Lay on Hands on a 5 minute cooldown making it usable in arena?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Am i reading too much into this;

http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/114154

Will this put Lay on Hands on a 5 minute cooldown making it usable in arena?
    No because for arena what matters is the base cooldown of a spell/ability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    No because for arena what matters is the base cooldown of a spell/ability.
    Thank GOD! Retribution in s14 is already looking to be the warriors from s12 and hunters from s13.

Lay on Hands on top of that would be full retard!
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2013-06-14 at 02:38 PM.

Melee dps with strong instant CC that has some range and a short cooldown: Feral, WW, Enhance, Warrior, Rogue, Dk... oh right, absolutely every melee already has instant ranged cc on a 35 sec cd or less, often much less. Dks can Grip you into all sorts of CC, making them also a great enhancer of other people's short ranged cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Melee dps with strong instant CC that has some range and a short cooldown: Feral, WW, Enhance, Warrior, Rogue, Dk... oh right, absolutely every melee already has instant ranged cc on a 35 sec cd or less, often much less. Dks can Grip you into all sorts of CC, making them also a great enhancer of other people's short ranged cc.
    That's been discussed for years

Its not just strong instant CC, you could also throw a baseline non-sacrificial / extremely low cost snare in there as well. Eitherway;

Its all fine until a paladin does it.
    Last edited by Palatinus; 2013-06-14 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    That's been discussed for years

Its not just strong instant CC, you could also throw a baseline non-sacrificial / extremely low cost snare in there as well. Eitherway;

Its all fine until a paladin does it.
    Gap Closer? Disarm? MS and/or Silence?

Nah, bro. Because bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Gap Closer? Disarm? MS and/or Silence?

Nah, bro. Because bubble.
    And Lay on Hands. Because 10 min CD is really short and totally will insta-win competitive pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    And Lay on Hands. Because 10 min CD is totally usable in competitive pvp.
    FTFY, but yeah.

Forbearance is the albatross around this class's neck in PVP.

My favorite is the people that are QQing about new UbS in PVP (30sec DivProt and 2.5min Bubble) saying that pala will be totally uncounterable now. Lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    What makes Evil is a PoV offensive? The only diference is the Range and it's Single, not Area effect.

-blah blah blah- /facepalm.

The Glyph is going, the fear won't be instant. Any instant CC that can be used offensively Blizz frowns upon (as stated already: see Blood Fear), that is because you can use it as an extra interrupt, way to catch someone on a mount etc. The reason AOE fear has always existed (Priests/Locks since vanilla, short hiatus for locks in MoP),is that a ranged class has to get into melee range to be able to use them.

Still curious as to the point of handing out a fear however.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    My favorite is the people that are QQing about new UbS in PVP (30sec DivProt and 2.5min Bubble) saying that pala will be totally uncounterable now. Lulz.
    Exactly. I already hear people talking about how Unbreakable Spirit will be too OP.

I use it on occasions when I am trying different builds, and the big difference is that now you have to expend holy power to lower the cool down, and if this goes live they will both have the reduced cool downs without having to use HP.

But since I am using HP all the time, it essentially makes it a 30 sec DP and 2.5 minute bubble right now. I mean, when are you not using your Hp?

I don't see people complaining about how it is OP right now. IT is more of a Quality of life adjustment than a buff, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    The Glyph is going, the fear won't be instant. Any instant CC that can be used offensively Blizz frowns upon (as stated already: see Blood Fear), that is because you can use it as an extra interrupt, way to catch someone on a mount etc. The reason AOE fear has always existed (Priests/Locks since vanilla, short hiatus for locks in MoP),is that a ranged class has to get into melee range to be able to use them.

Still curious as to the point of handing out a fear however.
    So, let me see:

Ranged attack from WHEREVER THEY WANT. Melee must be close.

DK can grip, if stuned can IB, if feared can LB. War can charge, if feared can BR. Ret don't have a reliable gap closer - can get a speed boost and use Freedom maybe but can't counter a fear.

OK, so Ranged can attack form distance and can peel whoever comes close - some melee have reliable gap closers but Ret not so much.

Ranged have the OPTION to positioning and melees have to be exposed all the time. If not with FoJ, a Ret must be in melee even to CC someone and the only peel have 2 mins CD and break with a DoT.

It's the complete oposite of how it should be.

The one who is exposed the most, must have the better moviment, peels and defensive to be able to hold out.

And the one who have the better options to be behind a pillar so he can attack from a protected position near the healer, is less open to be CCd should have less defensives in order to be balanced. Or else, what's the upside from being melee and downside of being ranged?

And even since a ranged have so many positioning flexibility, they can and they DO get near whoever they must to get a CC. What's the downside for a ranged to get close? They have even better defensives than melee right know... if a Lock/Priest die if they come close to the healer that may be a point, but a Lock can even get close, fear and teleport back. Right. Not OP at all. Any problem he can be with Blood Horror, any problem he can PainSup himself, heal himself to full... pets can peel for him.

Look, the day someone kicks a Lock/Priest for a Ret Paladin you talk to me, OK? Better, if someone kicks a ranged for a melee if not a DK for grip or rogue for Stealth/CC, you get here and we talk.