Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Good change, BM should have never had SS.

I hope MM becomes the defacto pvp spec next patch.
    Because everything in this game is about PvP, right? Either you are just trolling or you don't PvE as a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    Because everything in this game is about PvP, right? Either you are just trolling or you don't PvE as a hunter.
    Honestly we should have a Baseline Silence or Interrupt imo. No reason it should only be for one spec.

Deleted
    So the only interupt BM are left with is Scatter and Concussive Shot?

Sorry relatively new to WoW in general

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    The only "clunkiness" I feel with the MM rotation comes from Improved Steady Shot. Granted, it's more bearable in the post-AotF era, but it still feels clunky.

Wow, different specs are fun and enjoyable for different people! Who knew? Sure would be nice if we got to choose the one we like to play rather than being dicked around in PvE by shortsighted PvP nerfs.
    ISS is not really an issue. It lasts for 20sec, in that time you will probably have to double up steady shots in order to pool enough focus for aimed or chimera shot. Of course now that arcane shot beats aimed shot again there will be less focus needed per shot. All you have to do though is manage your focus right so that you drain it and then SS-SS-whatever is off CD. If they do the arcane changes in 5.4 it will be a little better but not as good as casting aimed shot.

The only real problem with MM is that it is undertuned and Blizzard only thinks there are 2 hunter specs.

Oh and silencing shot belongs to MM, always did, and never should have been available to the other specs. Same with readiness(although it was a surv ability I know). Giving these abilities to BM and somewhat Surv has been like opening a Pandoras Box. They were fine before they had the abilities and they will be fine after.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    At least the tier set bonuses look interesting -

Item - Hunter T16 2P Bonus (New) Arcane Shot and Multi-shot reduce the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 2 seconds per cast.

Item - Hunter T16 4P Bonus (New) Explosive Shot casts have a 40% chance to increase the number of charges your next Lock and Load effect has. Instant Aimed shots reduce the cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 50%. Offensive abilities used during Bestial Wrath increase all damage dealt by 2%, stacking up to 15 times.

As it is, every class's set bonuses look OP as hell, so I hope these will stick.
    You have no clue what u just said there buddy.

for SV 2pc is OK not gamebreaking, rapid fire isnt that big of a deal CD for hunters either way. worse stat by far once you dump PPM trinkets.
    for SV 4pc is what you write, interesting and is pretty good.

for MM 2pc is bad, really bad, pretty much tell you DO NOT CAST AIMSHOT EVER
    for MM 4pc is good if you dont look at 2pc. is like OK do i cast aimshot or not. would it proc from instant aimshot? how long is going to last? what if it gets interupted? idk i have bad feelings about it.

for BM 2pc is meh, again Rapid fire is really bad CD for all hunter specs other than MM ais dump.
    for BM 4pc is trash. simple as that, u get what? 30% extra damage if you stack it to 15? how long it will last? if only during BW then is worthless if it last a bit longer and Readiness will affect it and allow you to cap it to 15 then sure is good. if not is garbage.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 05:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Good change, BM should have never had SS.

I hope MM becomes the defacto pvp spec next patch.
    people like you should just dont play this game, why is good because now you can just faceroll heal hunters in their face?

i dont care for blanket silence, an interupt is need it, belive it or not ITS A REQUIREMENT right now, specially a range interupt. silencing shot should be baseline as interupt only with a 20 sec cd on it, 3 sec lockout, then MM should get baseline blanket with it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 05:58 AM ----------

what they need to do is remove readiness out of ANY dps cooldown, simple as that, opening rotation are a mess as any spec.

we need a CD in tier 6 that allow us to use it back to back like blink strike, lynx rush was, right now you gota suck it up and wait until crows go away or just lose dps by overlaping without messing up your whole CD rotation. IDK why it last so long either way it should be 10 sec or something, or something like blood bath, 30% as bleed for 10 sec idk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Estia View Post
    Scatter Shot works with Hutia, afaik, so that shouldn't be a problem. Losing Silencing Shot in general really sucks for soloing and Brawlers.
    although this will occur rarely there are mobs which are immune to disorient but not to silence effects. and everyone who says there is scattershot, frosttrap or glyphed explosive trap... most mobs who get interupted that way will instantly recast the spell/heal as soon as they are free to cast again.

edit: aye and some random mage once said just get a moth for interrupting a spell.... maybe this will help in pvp but as long as there is no way to tame a creature while another pet is active this is just some random qq

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerryz View Post
    So the only interupt BM are left with is Scatter and Concussive Shot?

Sorry relatively new to WoW in general
    Certain pet types are equipped with interrupts as well. Gorillas and Nether Rays for example.

Deleted
    i`m done with hunters this time.clearly they don`t know what to do with this class.sick of changes every reset,with no idea how to fix the dull class with buggy pets.gg blizzard

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Oh and silencing shot belongs to MM, always did, and never should have been available to the other specs. Same with readiness(although it was a surv ability I know). Giving these abilities to BM and somewhat Surv has been like opening a Pandoras Box. They were fine before they had the abilities and they will be fine after.
    I'm well aware that Silencing Shot was an MM-exclusive ability prior to 5.0.1, but that has little relevance to the game that has evolved subsequent to its proliferation. Try taming Hutia the Spirit Beast without it. Everyone needs an interrupt in the MoP game, and you can't always run with a moth or gorilla.

[Edit: I kind of wish they'd given the class a baseline standard interrupt with no silence component, and left Silencing Shot an MM exclusive to begin with though. Blanket silences have always been stupid in PvP. Interrupts, on the other hand, are more critical in PvE than ever.]
    Last edited by Kaeth; 2013-06-14 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    The only "clunkiness" I feel with the MM rotation comes from Improved Steady Shot. Granted, it's more bearable in the post-AotF era, but it still feels clunky.

Wow, different specs are fun and enjoyable for different people! Who knew? Sure would be nice if we got to choose the one we like to play rather than being dicked around in PvE by shortsighted PvP nerfs.

Lol at this guy.
    That clunkiness you refer to is the only thing that prevents a 'spammy priority rotation' oh wait, that's what BM is. Having to maintain a buff to improve dps adds a layer of complexity making it marginally more challenging and for most people more enjoyable.

I like all hunter specs but as it is BM's interaction with pet and especially Frenzy remains for me unpolished.

Survival is the faceroll spec, followed closely by the bursty BM. MM stands out with a buff to maintain (x2 SS), another debuff to maintain refreshed by your signature move (CS) with an adjustment to priority/rotation depending on target health.

This is probably a sweeping generalisation but it feels like a whole bunch of people have rolled hunter this xpac where we have an absurd amount of control, survivability, utility, burst and the skillcap to perform in pvp substantially lowered. Most of which play BM.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 01:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstomper View Post
    i`m done with hunters this time.clearly they don`t know what to do with this class.sick of changes every reset,with no idea how to fix the dull class with buggy pets.gg blizzard
    This happens every mid-expansion. Hunters start of good, then drop to middle of the pack as gear and ilvl gets better.
    If Hunters scaled like Warlocks and Mages did we wouldn't need tweaking to our damage all the time.
    An Example;
    Chaos Bolt no Procs hits for 300-400k.
    With Procs 500-600k.
    With the exception of lol abilities like Stampede and perhaps Blink Strike (The former nobody even wanted in the first place and the latter was supposed to fix buggy pet interaction and target swapping), better scaling with Agility removes the need to mess around with the class nearly every patch.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    You have no clue what u just said there buddy.

for SV 2pc is OK not gamebreaking, rapid fire isnt that big of a deal CD for hunters either way. worse stat by far once you dump PPM trinkets.
    for SV 4pc is what you write, interesting and is pretty good.
    lol, you are not fishing for ppm during rapid fire although it is nice that the proc chance is increased as a result of it. Rapid Fire is a straight up dps increase, a substantial one at that. 4pc is good extra ticks on explosive shot and lined up with readiness for an additional explosive shot will hit for ALOT.

[/QUOTE]for MM 2pc is bad, really bad, pretty much tell you DO NOT CAST AIMSHOT EVER
    for MM 4pc is good if you dont look at 2pc. is like OK do i cast aimshot or not. would it proc from instant aimshot? how long is going to last? what if it gets interupted? idk i have bad feelings about it.[/QUOTE]

2set: Unless you are in CA or AimedShot is under a certain cast time you do not want to be Hard Casting especially with the 2set, I recommend Thrill of the Hunt.
    4set: Again Aimedshot under a certain cast time outside CA, this will make hard casting aimed shot more attractive. The only conflict I see here, is the 2 set pushes you to use Arcane shot where the 4set pushes you to use SS. Not the greatest synergy but then again provides a nice balance, both fillers bring a benefit. Also you can cast Aimed shot on the move if glyphed.

[/QUOTE]for BM 2pc is meh, again Rapid fire is really bad CD for all hunter specs other than MM ais dump.
    for BM 4pc is trash. simple as that, u get what? 30% extra damage if you stack it to 15? how long it will last? if only during BW then is worthless if it last a bit longer and Readiness will affect it and allow you to cap it to 15 then sure is good. if not is garbage.[/QUOTE]

2set: Arcane shot is the filler, weaving in Cobra shots aside, reducing the cd on a big dps cd. Perhaps not as good as the other two specs.
    4set: Not sure how you can trash this. We don't know how hard it will be to reach 15 stacks but I'm confident Blizzard wouldn't introduced an unobtainable 4 set bonus. So this translates into a flat out 30% increased damage dealt from all sources including your pet bearing in mind BW is on a 1min cd LOL again how can you trash this 4 set. Also with readiness after initial BW you get the second BW with 30% increased damage dealt from all sources.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    lol, you are not fishing for ppm during rapid fire although it is nice that the proc chance is increased as a result of it. Rapid Fire is a straight up dps increase, a substantial one at that. 4pc is good extra ticks on explosive shot and lined up with readiness for an additional explosive shot will hit for ALOT.
    who is talking about fishing for procs? the more time you are in hasted effect the more the trinkets will proc, rapid fire and haste are garbage outside 5 ítems with PPM system for survival and pretty much every hunter spec other than MM ais dump spec. if they dont add 5 pieces of PPM ítems next tier haste is going back to his place on hunter dead last stat only affecting autoshots and cobra shot.

i said for survival both set are good. i like both for SV even tho 4pc will need a good proc chance to feel right.

2set: Unless you are in CA or AimedShot is under a certain cast time you do not want to be Hard Casting especially with the 2set, I recommend Thrill of the Hunt.
    4set: Again Aimedshot under a certain cast time outside CA, this will make hard casting aimed shot more attractive. The only conflict I see here, is the 2 set pushes you to use Arcane shot where the 4set pushes you to use SS. Not the greatest synergy but then again provides a nice balance, both fillers bring a benefit. Also you can cast Aimed shot on the move if glyphed.
    so you are telling me that 2pc is worthless the 1st 20% of the fight, ok that sounds attractive, and 4pc goes against 2pc for MM, hmmm firelands anyone? is ok THEY ARE BALANCED right?

2set: Arcane shot is the filler, weaving in Cobra shots aside, reducing the cd on a big dps cd. Perhaps not as good as the other two specs.
    4set: Not sure how you can trash this. We don't know how hard it will be to reach 15 stacks but I'm confident Blizzard wouldn't introduced an unobtainable 4 set bonus. So this translates into a flat out 30% increased damage dealt from all sources including your pet bearing in mind BW is on a 1min cd LOL again how can you trash this 4 set. Also with readiness after initial BW you get the second BW with 30% increased damage dealt from all sources.
    ppl already test this, every 5 min you will get to 15 stacks while every min you will get max to 8 stacks, note this is like blades trinket, gota save a KC for the last second while at 15 stacks to hit that huge KC.

still think is trash 4pc for BM ok 2pc for SV and BM specs, 4pc is only good for survival.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Survival is the faceroll spec, followed closely by the bursty BM. MM stands out with a buff to maintain (x2 SS), another debuff to maintain refreshed by your signature move (CS) with an adjustment to priority/rotation depending on target health.
    Nonsense. Both of the things you mention happens automatically. When Steady Focus was only 10 seconds, you had to pay some attention to it. Now at 20 seconds, you're gonna be using two SS within the time frame anyway. Same thing with Cobra Shot. Far as I know it's used on CD, meaning you never have to give any thought to Serpent Sting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Nonsense. Both of the things you mention happens automatically. When Steady Focus was only 10 seconds, you had to pay some attention to it. Now at 20 seconds, you're gonna be using two SS within the time frame anyway. Same thing with Cobra Shot. Far as I know it's used on CD, meaning you never have to give any thought to Serpent Sting.
    This doesn't change the fact that MM priority list is more complex than the other two counterparts.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't change the fact that MM priority list is more complex than the other two counterparts.
    Maybe on paper, but hardly in reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    who is talking about fishing for procs? the more time you are in hasted effect the more the trinkets will proc, rapid fire and haste are garbage outside 5 ítems with PPM system for survival and pretty much every hunter spec other than MM ais dump spec. if they dont add 5 pieces of PPM ítems next tier haste is going back to his place on hunter dead last stat only affecting autoshots and cobra shot.

i said for survival both set are good. i like both for SV even tho 4pc will need a good proc chance to feel right.

so you are telling me that 2pc is worthless the 1st 20% of the fight, ok that sounds attractive, and 4pc goes against 2pc for MM, hmmm firelands anyone? is ok THEY ARE BALANCED right?

ppl already test this, every 5 min you will get to 15 stacks while every min you will get max to 8 stacks, note this is like blades trinket, gota save a KC for the last second while at 15 stacks to hit that huge KC.

still think is trash 4pc for BM ok 2pc for SV and BM specs, 4pc is only good for survival.
    Just played with this on PTR.

For all x3 specs the 2set bonus shaves on average 1min off the cd of rapidfire.

4set Survival procs often and I had it stack x3 times and it hits superhard with a readiness for a 4th additional hit at the end. It's the best 4 set I have seen for awhile. It allows for constant smooth damage or pooling procs for BIG burst. could be op in pvp though. oh yeah the proc is up for 1 min buff duration is refreshed every time it stacks. going to check how many times I can actually stack up to.

2 + 4 set MM completely messed up with my rotation, often leaving me with no focus to hardcast the 50% speed aimedshot but the buff is up for 30seconds so as long as you are not getting another instant Aimed before using the 50% reduced cast time one it's ok.

BM 4 set is as you said trash. Unlike Survival the buff is not refreshed with each stack but falls off before it even reaches 15 stacks. That needs to be changed.

Just played with this on PTR.

For all x3 specs the 2set bonus shaves on average 1min off the cd of rapidfire.

4set Survival procs often and I had it stack x3 times and it hits superhard with a readiness for a 4th additional hit at the end. It's the best 4 set I have seen for awhile. It allows for constant smooth damage or pooling procs for BIG burst. could be op in pvp though. oh yeah the proc is up for 1 min buff duration is refreshed every time it stacks. going to check how many times I can actually stack up to.

2 + 4 set MM completely messed up with my rotation, often leaving me with no focus to hardcast the 50% speed aimedshot but the buff is up for 30seconds so as long as you are not getting another instant Aimed before using the 50% reduced cast time one it's ok.

BM 4 set is as you said trash. Unlike Survival the buff is not refreshed with each stack but falls off before it even reaches 15 stacks. That needs to be changed.
    pretty much. 2+4 set on MM is trash, u get to not use 2pc first 20% of the fight and prolly same for last 20% since kill shot take so many gcds that you hardly have room to fit in that many shots.

total garbage, as for bm 2pc is OK not like rapid fire is any good of a cd for any hunter spec

Can anyone shed any light on this? The official boards only gave sarcastic responses that didn't help (I tend to find less of that here).

Some poster on the official board said something about the devs looking at Readiness no longer affecting BW for the sake of PvP (trinket-Readiness-trinket). That sounds like it would really hurt BM in PvE. In the event they are actually thinking about this, they're overlooking a glyph opportunity - remove the CC removal from BW as baseline and leave it affected by Readiness. The glyph would add CC removal and remove the Readiness effect.

If they did go through with it, though, what would the damage penalty be? Would it push Surv back to the top?

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    Can anyone shed any light on this? The official boards only gave sarcastic responses that didn't help (I tend to find less of that here).

Some poster on the official board said something about the devs looking at Readiness no longer affecting BW for the sake of PvP (trinket-Readiness-trinket). That sounds like it would really hurt BM in PvE. In the event they are actually thinking about this, they're overlooking a glyph opportunity - remove the CC removal from BW as baseline and leave it affected by Readiness. The glyph would add CC removal and remove the Readiness effect.

If they did go through with it, though, what would the damage penalty be? Would it push Surv back to the top?
    tbh at this point i think is better for us to go that way, because they will have to give us a real dps cooldown or buff our shot way more, either way is a win win for pve. readiness just bring retarded openings to pve hunters while crazy brust for pvp. well used to.

I'm well aware that Silencing Shot was an MM-exclusive ability prior to 5.0.1, but that has little relevance to the game that has evolved subsequent to its proliferation. Try taming Hutia the Spirit Beast without it. Everyone needs an interrupt in the MoP game, and you can't always run with a moth or gorilla.

[Edit: I kind of wish they'd given the class a baseline standard interrupt with no silence component, and left Silencing Shot an MM exclusive to begin with though. Blanket silences have always been stupid in PvP. Interrupts, on the other hand, are more critical in PvE than ever.]
    What did everyone else use before they had silencing shot? Doesnt scatter shot and intimidation interrupt as well as stun? Some of the mechanics are bizzare for example using silencing shot on a pandaren rare trying to heal stops it then they go at it again after the shot wears off while scatter they wont, or the other way around. I know silencing is more usefull but if you are trying to stop a playyer from casting something those other specs work too. And there were also rares in Cata that required an interrupt to tame. If they changed those other abilities they should just change them back and leave silencing shot alone in the MM tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    What did everyone else use before they had silencing shot? Doesnt scatter shot and intimidation interrupt as well as stun? Some of the mechanics are bizzare for example using silencing shot on a pandaren rare trying to heal stops it then they go at it again after the shot wears off while scatter they wont, or the other way around. I know silencing is more usefull but if you are trying to stop a playyer from casting something those other specs work too. And there were also rares in Cata that required an interrupt to tame. If they changed those other abilities they should just change them back and leave silencing shot alone in the MM tree.
    before there was no rares that required an interupt, pets that required an interupt or anything close to it.