8000 casts and I still dont have the fish

This achievement just stinks "One that didn't get away". I know its a very random drop rate but please, I have spend hours and hours trying for the Dark Herring and 15Lb Mud Snapper and no luck. I really don't think a fishing achievement should take this long no matter what it is. I did some math and 8k cast with 4 casts per min is 33hrs. That's just sad. Ranting is done tks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sixthtry View Post
    I really don't think a fishing achievement should take this long no matter what it is.
    Random is Random sadly. There are folks who've played for years who still don't have the sea turtle. We have
    one player in my guild who's probably made over 15k cast or more since wrath and still doesn't have the mount.

RNG is what it is, you just have to keep at it.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Unfortunately the nature of any percentage chance drop, being that "Your results may vary".
    Best of luck with any continued efforts.

watch a movie and fish next to thunderstuff..bigges droprate after wowhead got mine there after a few movies...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry to hear that I really want the mount but can't bring myself to even try after attempting (and failing miserably) to catch the new damn fish pets. Someday I will give it a go.

Yup been on the same boat, but don't give up... just as you think your luck is terrible, it might just pop into ur inventory. Try to have music or a show on while your fishing so you don't go insane doing it it helps a lot.

Dude, while going for the turtle, I got 4 dark herrings lol. RNG is a bitch I know...

I fished one of them up while looking for the pet at the darkmoon faire. Had auto-loot off so I didn't fill my bag with crap and I let it go before I realised what it was

Deleted
    10.5k casts for me, turtle dropped after about 7.5k..
    No sign of on that didn't get away yet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Dude, while going for the turtle, I got 4 dark herrings lol. RNG is a bitch I know...
    I got one, shame getting the turtle took over 10k casts iirc, my sewer rat took 4k.

Fishing was not kind to me in WOTLK and I refused to do it outside of the achievements in Cata and MOP, alas - the Carp pets have been added now.

Just when I thought I was out - they pull me back in.

Im around 8k casts or so and still no turtle mount

I'm probably at around 8k casts for the tiny red carp. Stupid fish pet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I got one, shame getting the turtle took over 10k casts iirc, my sewer rat took 4k.

Fishing was not kind to me in WOTLK and I refused to do it outside of the achievements in Cata and MOP, alas - the Carp pets have been added now.

Just when I thought I was out - they pull me back in.
    I know how you feel, just when I thought I was done with all the fishing stuff that takes hours if not days to complete they add in these pets :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hate the RNG factor of it, but even more I hate the fact that for several achievements you actually need to fish from pools to get it. I don't mind sitting at a pier for an hour or so catching some fish, but having to move after every few catches is what I hate the most of it really. The time-sink is bad enough as it is, shouldn't have to waste more time by traveling, increasing the time significantly.

Deleted

Update: I just looted the 15 Pound Mudsnapper at Stonebull Lake, Mulgore. As alliance.
    Took me a total of 12k+ casts to finish the meta for the 'Salty' title.
    All i can say is RNG is horrible and never give up eventually it will drop.

Deleted
    took me almost 30k Casts and Fish Caught to get the turtle, in between i caught this bastard..