... LastLast
    I'm not really bothered either way.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    *snip*.
    Bad idea to try and get RL politics and actions mixed up with a fantasy game.

Deleted
    I'd prefer to have some hidden/out of the way location were instead of him dying he's just imprisoned and we get to mock him.
    I wonder what we'll get to memorialise his defeat in Orgrimmar/Stormwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It was stated that Wowpedia that DH didn't drink Mannoroth blood.
    it's also stated that demonic corruption spreads like radiation. you don't need to drink it, you just need to be near it.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Not one bit. Someone has to take a fall, why not him?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    And the treatment he gave Vol'jin was only the treatment he had been threatened with by Vol'jin himself to begin with.
    It's funny, because... I've never actually thought of that. As far as I can see, Vol'jin's main reason for beginning his rebellion is that Garrosh went into a war he didn't approve of. Although you have to remember, the other leaders of the Horde know very well that Garrosh is seeking powers which, to them, are considered corrupt and evil (which isn't all too new, either; see Sylvanas).

Lor'themar saw his people being treated poorly, used without any concern for their lives, and sacrificed for Garrosh's greater good. This was all without him making blatant threats towards Garrosh as Vol'jin did back in Cataclysm. He seems to have the most reason to want to dislike the Warchief, and even he doesn't jump right into a rebellion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    Only been one short time in wow that I liked him, that quest in stonetalon mountain where you blow up a nightelf village leaving a big crater. He comes and rages that we destroyed the land and then he threw a orc general to his death. Lovely.
    He raged at his general and kill him for using a bomb to kill people, even quoting them as 'innocents'.. only for one expansion later to do exactly the same thing, with an even bigger bomb, and according to sources, not just killing them, but because of the bombs capabilities, wiping there souls out from existence.

People still using there stonetalon event as Garrosh's 'development', the only thing it developed him into, was a genocidal monster.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    He raged at his general and kill him for using a bomb to kill people, even quoting them as 'innocents'.. only for one expansion later to do exactly the same thing, with an even bigger bomb, and according to sources, not just killing them, but because of the bombs capabilities, wiping there souls out from existence.

People still using there stonetalon event as Garrosh's 'development', the only thing it developed him into, was a genocidal monster.
    Yet you can't see how being angry at his general for doing something then doing the same thing later on is a massive change in his character? >.<

No, after what the vale looks like in 5.4 I'm glad he will die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    He and his father will be back in the next expansion.

World of Warcraft: Return Of The Hellscreams
    just like every other boss that breaks the whole "you die permanently in a story" clause... :/
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

I see your point, but the primary difference is that the first bomb was used on a village that was supposedly full of innocent individuals, where as the second was a military target full of soldiers and high-ranking individuals. Not that it necessarily makes it the right thing to do still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i will miss him, sad that blizz ruined a potentially great and interesting character.

Just to be clear I'm not part of the "people" you are referring to, had the perception of him being a douchbag since wotlk, but even douchebags can have their moments.
    Last edited by Exeris; 2013-06-15 at 03:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    He became like Hitler (it's actually scary how close he is to him, too). How can anyone feel sad for someone like that?
    This. While Garrosh is different by Hitler in terms of characterization (obviously), the strinking resemblance between Hitler/Nazi and Garrosh/Kor'kron is blatant. Or, for say it better, Garrosh/Warsong, because i bet that the major part (if not everyone) of the orcs forming the Kor'kron are Warsong now, which would easily explain why they follow Hellscream so fervently without question.
    The Warsong Clan is clearly acting as an extremist "political party" in the orcish governement, like the Nazi were in the Germany, a faction that don't acknowledge dissent and opposition, not even by their own people.

Just take a look in the Ragefire scenario and the Barrens, there are Warsong banners EVERYWHERE, the Horde banners are little more than a mention here and there. Which means that, like all extremists, they are loyal before to their "party", to its ideals of strength, power, "national pride" and "superiority" of the orcish race, and then, they are loyal to the Horde and their "nation" (Durotar, the orcs ecc.).
    And the last thing that completely strike the comparison, is the research of ancient and great powers, powers that only their "supreme" race would have be able to dominate and control, necessary for win their war; this is the same thing the Nazi tried to do and sincerely belived in it, by following the steps of their ancient Teutonic heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Re-reading some parts in the Shattering and im not gonna lie, i was a bit sad seeing as how at the time then Garrosh didn't go full coocoo. And seeing how hesitant he was to be Warchief puts him in a somewhat sympathetic light.

But no. I won't be sad. Garrosh is a douchebag who only uses others for as long as he needs them, then gets rid of them. I'll be happy to kill him.
    Indeed, the Shattering shows his doubts and reservations....now he have no doubts at all, this is the problem. And the Shattering show both his sympathetic side but also Cairne's doubts about Thrall's decision, sadly the old bull understood everything, since by what he saw in his journey with him, returning from Northrend, Cairne saw Garrosh make things that showed a completely questionable and unrespectful behavior, beliving however that Garrosh had just "a lesson to be learned".

And then Cairne saw Thrall appoint him as Warchief, before Garrosh could effectively learn anything, Thrall gave to Garrosh the POWER in good faith, deluding himself while Cairne had a better understanding of the matter, and all of this far before the whole matter with the druids and the Twilight's Hammer.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-15 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    Thrall really did drop the ball, he wanted his 'brother' back...he should have made Garrosh work for his rank and position instead of going

[Thrall] "Here you are!"
    [Garry] What is it...
    [Thrall] An army.
    [Garry] And I do...what with it?
    [Thrall] Kill stuff! See ya!

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yet you can't see how being angry at his general for doing something then doing the same thing later on is a massive change in his character? >.<
    It's only really a "massive shift" if you completely ignore his path of progression as a character. Self loathing waste of space (in Nagrand) -> competent warrior (after Thrall bitch slaps him) -> Over zealous but well meaning commander (Northrend) -> hesitant warchief (that one novel) -> over zealous and combat hungry warchief (Cataclysm) -> warmongering tyrant (Mists)

Seems reasonable to me. But yea, he's basically brown Hitler at this point, which is in and of itself a little funny. No sympathy from me; only dps.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    Thrall really did drop the ball, he wanted his 'brother' back...he should have made Garrosh work for his rank and position instead of going

[Thrall] "Here you are!"
    [Garry] What is it...
    [Thrall] An army.
    I do love that people call him Garry now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post

[Thrall] "Here you are!"
    [Garry] What is it...
    [Thrall] An army.
    I thought Garrosh dropped thrall on his tree hugging backside in combat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5afNCOUgEZU

Thrall was a weak leader (easiest to kill as a faction leader imo) and i hope Garrosh rips the life out of him.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i am. So sad that he got corrupted by an old god, we had to finish him off
    Poor guy, he all meant it so well.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Being sad about him requires being emotionally attached to him, which I didn't think was possible.

Yeah, that's a no.

Deleted
    In the comic and story Garrosh kinda got his butt handed to him when they did fight.