Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think it's all around awesome and I hope they dive into more in depth customization as the above poster said. Brown orcs, dark iron dwarves, etc.
    If they would make sub-races/backgrounds, then they would need to chance worgen to Gilnean Human.

Also, it would be awesome to play as Lordaeron, Kul Tiras, Ex-Scarlet, Ex-Defias Human and so on with different appereances etc.
    Last edited by mmoc6f54e43091; 2013-06-15 at 08:32 PM.

and than people will QQ that the next raid doesn't have many unique models. and than we'll once again see why we can't have nice things
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    They're doing the animations, too.

As for the trolls, OP, don't get your hopes up. They use the female night elf skeleton, like the male zandalri use the male nelf skeleton. Bitchin' model, though. Garrosh's is a new rig, too.
    I don't remember seeing them say it is just a reskin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    We all know what will happen though.

1) Models are just increased in poly count because they didn't want to risk people feeling alienated from their characters. People rage.
    or
    2) New animations makes people rage because "it doesn't feel like my race-gender anymore... I want an opt-out!"

Still looking forward to it.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisho View Post
    If they would make sub-races, then they would need to chance worgen to Gilnean Human.

Also, it would be awesome to play as Lordaeron, Kul Tiras, Ex-Scarlet, Ex-Defias Human and so on with different appereances etc.
    Gilean Human wouldn't work as the class is designed with being worgen not human. IF there are any left it would be a Human subtype not worgen.

Deleted
    When is saw the new Garrosh moddel it made me feel more outdated then ever!

Deleted
    I actually really like the old character models, the new ones are nice too, but in the old ones there is just too much nostalgia...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I agree, can't wait,
    hope my Draenei will be even more sexy then she's now
    I'm pretty sure an old tweet said only the vanilla models will be revamped. TBC and up no.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    I'm pretty sure an old tweet said only the vanilla models will be revamped. TBC and up no.
    that would make no sense, because when compared to cata and mop models, vanilla and BC feel exactly the same lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe undead will have elbows and knees :P

I wonder when people will stop spreading misinformation. Both the vanilla and TBC models will be revamped. TBC models after vanilla ones. Because cataclysm models would be outdated once the other models are on pandaren quality, those might even eventually be updated too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was said during the press event that both the vanilla and BC models would be getting updates. The BC ones are just lower on the priority list.

Deleted
    The new Garrosh model is nice, but it's still got that hunch, I wan't an orc that stands tall and proud, not slouched over like a peon.

The new models are a purely cosmetic addition, so it's probably not going to be game-changing for most people. However, the way my character looks is something I personally care deeply about, which is why I think transmogrification is one of the best features in WoW. I'm not ashamed to say I like to look at my self. I'm usually zoomed-in out of combat, and while I'm not always zoomed-in during combat, sometimes I am. I also keep a very clean, open UI - nothing gets in the way of the action, which means I can see my character fairly well even while zoomed-out anyway. Model quality is also important because some races have certain animations that I find irksome; for instance, the dwarven female's 'shield bash'.

Things like this have nothing to do with actual gameplay, but they can make or break a deal for me.

Deleted
    What I'm wondering is if they will update older armour as well.

What I mean with that is that if they are just going to continue to letting it be painted skin or actually build it out more to make it look like real armour.

Looking forward to the new models. But I also hope they won't make any races as bouncy as pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I will appreciate the visual update of new models, I personally don't think that the new models, aside from potentially adding more eye-pleasing charm to the playable races, will be as game-changing as some make it seem.

Also, I'm tired of people claiming that the Vol'jin and the troll NPCs/bosses from 5.2 are "hints" at the new troll models. Yeah they're trolls, and so they look like trolls, but if you open them up in the model viewer, you'll see that they're just a regular troll skeleton and face with updated poly/skins and custom armor just like almost every other NPC of a playable race with a unique model. Garrosh's new model, on the other hand, has Pandaren-level facial features and expressions, as well as smoother animations and updated hands. His model can definitely be remodeled and reskinned into new playable orc models.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2013-06-15 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    What I'm wondering is if they will update older armour as well.

What I mean with that is that if they are just going to continue to letting it be painted skin or actually build it out more to make it look like real armour.

Well, if they add more geosets, they could probably just make some "main geosets" like ones that they can reuse for normal armor and outdated armor to still make it seem "updated", and with newer armor (especially tier armor) they could add some more unique geosets.

I'm looking forward to not having to kill trash mobs that have better models than my actual character

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    To illustrate my point, I toyed around with the geosets in WMV. Pandaren have a few extra, and I wanted to show that. It can be seen on the pandaren starting gear, but here it is more obvious as the textures aren't made for it.

Aside from the cuffs at the wrists, the geosets are new. The shape of the pants at the knees, the cuffs at the shoulders, the rope belt. Sure, they are just geosets made for the gear, but it does sketch an idea of what their intentions might be in the future with gear. I really don't think they put that time into it just to give it to one set(literally only the Pandaren monk starting gear) and then never use it again.

I think it shows that they are planning to do something with the gear and the models of the gear, so I think it's fair to expect that we won't be sticking with flat-texture chest armor forever.
    Yeah. If they were going to implement full-3D models it would have been with the updates.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)