Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Recent as they are, I really think the Worgen models are badly in need of an update; and they can't do any worse with the females than they already have since replacing the beta model with the current abomination.

As to the old races that they may bugger up; truthfully? I don't think they'll ruin any of them from what we've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    My money is on Blizzard screwing up Night Elf female. It always seems like there is a vocal portion of the community that think the current model is too "manly" and want their proportions to be closer to your stereotypical Tolkien elves, despite the fact that they were envisioned as a race of savage amazons. I expect Blizz will take that feedback to heart and just churn out another pretty elf race.
    If they do this I will be pissed off.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    I would like that too, but it's just not going to happen.
    The human alpha models had it, they are still in the current game files and are accessible by GMs. Btw the alpha models looked wayyyyyyyy better than the current human models we have in game. :P

I can take some screenies.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 01:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    If they do this I will be pissed off.
    Yeah let's have another chunky/unattractive female race instead. :P

*sigh*

Deleted
    My biggest concerns are kawaii Night elves and fluffy taurens.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The human alpha models had it, they are still in the current game files and are accessible by GMs. Btw the alpha models looked wayyyyyyyy better than the current human models we have in game. :P

I can take some screenies.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 01:22 AM ----------

Yeah let's have another chunky/unattractive female race instead. :P

*sigh*

Oh yes. Because being physically fit and super tall is = to chunky and unattractive.

Check out this fatty. Wow!
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post

What I really hope to see is the ability to adjust the dimensions of the models. Weight and height, as well as skinny, muscular, or fat. And even options that can show age or youth. That might be a lot to ask for though, considering the variety of races in this game.

Skinny/fat alpha human models still in the game files (I believe). I'd like to see more variation like this too, not sure why these options were never put in.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 01:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    Oh yes. Because being physically fit and super tall is = to chunky and unattractive.

Check out this fatty. Wow!
    Like I said, I actually like the female models, but the current forum trend regarding female models is weird. We can have some conventionally attractive models too...some players' complete adversion to anything remotely "skinny" or "sexy" is just weird.

Deleted
    I'll be interested to see how the Tauren turn out. Something like this: http://oi46.tinypic.com/64dn39.jpg would be most desirable. The Females should really go back to the Alfa where they looked at least like the same damn species. http://en.wikifur.com/w/images/c/c3/TaurenAlpha.png instead of trying to make them look 'pritty'.

[IMG]Like I said, I actually like the female models, but the current forum trend regarding female models is weird. We can have some conventionally attractive models too...some players' complete adversion to anything remotely "skinny" or "sexy" is just weird.
    That tends not to be what Night Elves 'are' though. If they add body customization then i'll be more than happy; they had it in LOTRO, after all. If they have to go for one model though, then the Night Elf female should be toned, somewhat muscular and yet feminine; as they've always been portrayed since the Warcraft days. We have more than enough Blood Elf/Draenei females for all things 'skinny' and 'sexy' to a large degree.

The night elf female model is currently my favorite player character model in the game, the only thing it lacks is a higher polygon count imo, there are area's around the thighs and chest that look weird because they are much flatter than they appear to be, so from different angles things look different. Increased polygon count will fix this. The idle animations, the casting animations, the melee animations, the running, the walking, the dance are all perfect.

The only major change they could make is maybe increase the bust size (Half a cup at most) and add more muscle tone(Higher res textures basically) and it would be perfect.

Fitness is sexy to me, it's the sexiest thing that you could ever have and Night elves are by far the sexiest in that regard.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    --snipped images--
    Skinny/fat alpha human models still in the game files (I believe). I'd like to see more variation like this too, not sure why these options were never put in.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 01:31 AM ----------

Like I said, I actually like the female models, but the current forum trend regarding female models is weird. We can have some conventionally attractive models too...some players' complete adversion to anything remotely "skinny" or "sexy" is just weird.
    They weren't put in, I think, because of concern for how each and every player's system would handle it. Currently, there are what? 5 ways to customize a character? When you add in more options, you're asking the client's system to find and load up much more variables. Doesn't seem like much of an issue until you load up a busy capital city. Blizzard is pretty famous for having games that run well on old systems. Hell, SC1 ran at 640x480 when computers were starting to push 1024x786 for that reason alone.

What will probably be 10 years after release, I think the average system should be able to handle it. It was pretty cool playing SWTOR seeing a fat jedi run around. It really helped add more character to the game, in which your only race options were like eight different colours of humans.

They weren't put in, I think, because of concern for how each and every player's system would handle it. Currently, there are what? 5 ways to customize a character? When you add in more options, you're asking the client's system to find and load up much more variables. Doesn't seem like much of an issue until you load up a busy capital city. Blizzard is pretty famous for having games that run well on old systems. Hell, SC1 ran at 640x480 when computers were starting to push 1024x786 for that reason alone.

What will probably be 10 years after release, I think the average system should be able to handle it. It was pretty cool playing SWTOR seeing a fat jedi run around. It really helped add more character to the game, in which your only race options were like eight different colours of humans.
    I was honestly blown away when diablo 3 had zero character customization, I am not sure why I expected it, I just did and it kind of floored me when creating a character was basically like 4 button clicks.

#spoiledbybioware
    Signature Nazi's suck.

I am just afraid, that there wont be much customization. Worgen male have just 5 faces to choose (green, red, yellow, purple and blue eyed). And then they might screw females like they did with worgen and pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    I am worried that new orcs won't have a hunch.
    Im worried that the new orcs WILL have a hunch, like the new garrosh model.

Ive never been a fan of the peon hunch look of orcs in wow, and how they did the same thing to the trolls for no good reason. Neither race is suppose to have a hunch like that; the closest being that peons are suppose to be submissive and "duck" their heads when working and around the higher orcs. This is not a racial physicality, but a social behavior. Trolls would only look hunched over because of their height, when having to duck all the time when dealing with building entrances, and some non troll designs. Again, not a physical trait of the trolls, but a social behavior.

The orcs need to look like thrall, upright, but many would be a lot more muscular. The orcs and trolls have always been an upright standing race/species , even when represented in the first 3 warcraft games. It was only ever the peons that hinted at hunching, and for the reasons I stated above.

On a side note, humans had a MUCH better character model back in WoW alpha, but was later scrapped for the current, less computer intensive, version. They actually looked a lot more in line with king wyrn (sp?) and the human in the mop cinematic. In fact, almost all of wow had a much higher resolution and "hd" look to it in alpha (goldshire looked amazing).

Undead for that matter, had better sized shoulder pads, that didnt look like two teacups on their shoulders. On on a related note about changes to the undead, the chinese had the forsaken edited for their version of wow to censor the "undead" aspect of the race, hiding the protruding bones and gore. They ended up looking really nice with the armor covering their entire bodies.

Character models aside, the armor models themselves need to not be slacked on anymore. Im so disappointed and tired with blizzard in how they make all their "bulky" armors like plate and mail, look like cloth. Like others have pointed out, they do a great job of making helmets and shoulders stand out, but then they just use a fake 3D texture on the rest of the armor to make it look like its bulky plate, but its just a flat hackjob. You can do all the crazy editing you want to a flat texture, it still wont make the model 3D.

Armor in wow is very much like a kid in one-piece pajamas that puts on a bike helmet and football shoulder pads, calling them-self a knight.

On a last (personal note) , I like that the human female weapons are really large, and i cannot stand that female blood elf and female pandaren weapon models are way too small. A 2handed sword should NOT look exactly like a 1handed sword. And the female panda holds her weapons wrong; instead of having the blade and hilt be flush with their hands/wrist and arm, she holds them at a 90 deg angle like she is going to scoop up something from the ground. It drives me crazy seeing her hold an axe, which blade is pointed right at her abdomen/thighs; its like holding a gun sideways so that it points at your neck.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I don't really get it. Why are you convincing yourself already that something "won't go over well"? What do you base that on? Nobody hasn't seen anything of any new models yet.

I think Tyrande's new model looks horrible, and I'm basing it on that.

They weren't put in because they are unable to wear different armors. Every fat mage player would look exactly the same.

Also the model and texture quality of those are much, much lower than our current playable models. If they look more appealing is because they are different than what you are used to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    I'm worried the most about female Tauren. If the clone-face of female Worgen and Pandaren are anything to go off of, I'm a bit scared they'll end up being Bambi's girlfriend clones rather than individual Tauren women. Going for the cute furry girl factor instead of like proper Minotaurs. Plus same face syndrome.

Not saying I don't like the female Pandaren, they're very well designed, but they all look the same. I'd be sad to see Tauren meet that fate. Please prove me wrong, Blizz!

So yeah, that's my biggest concern.

They have pretty much shown that they can't create worthy customization for furry races, so I remain and will remain skeptical when it comes to those. So long as they don't turn the Tauren into a second female Worgen, they're okay, I guess, but the customization? For a furry race, Blizzard just never manages to do it; even if it is supposed to be just as easy as with a humanoid race.

Otherwise, draenei. They have stated time and time again that they do not wish to change the feel of the model, which means they have to stick with the stupid hentai-fuel babyfaces as the only optional faces for draenei females, and that irritable excuse for a tail rather than a long, animated prehensile tail. Instead of looking like an ancient and exotic race of space-faring "demonic" creatures with a natural affinity for magic, they will again look like blue schoolgirls, blue blood elves with hooves, some horns and a small stumpy tail instead of as they should: like an eredar without the fel green glow in the eyes or corrupted red skin color.

For males, I don't see anything Blizzard can do wrong but keep their tails short. I doubt they will really keep "the feel" on them, as "the feel" is composed of a disproportionate body that people hate them for.

Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    I'll be interested to see how the Tauren turn out. Something like this: http://oi46.tinypic.com/64dn39.jpg would be most desirable. The Females should really go back to the Alfa where they looked at least like the same damn species. http://en.wikifur.com/w/images/c/c3/TaurenAlpha.png instead of trying to make them look 'pritty'.
    The current female taurens don't look pretty. Seeing the Alpha ones, thank goodness they change it cause the female tauren in alpha looks like the female tauren now with a male tauren head, at least in that picture.

Deleted
    I love the new models of voljin/garrosh/zandalari etc. so i think its going to be awesome.
    im only concered when it comes to the ugly races i love. they could screw up male undeads and female orcs so easily to make them more appealing to a brider audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, apart from the Tauren, that I said before, I hope they don't just re-skin or re-texture. I hope complete new skeletons are made for every race, and that all the animations are re-done, not too different from the original, but not using the original.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Its blizzard, experience has thought us that most of it is bound to be shit.
    I hope you don't mind that I can't take you seriously in any way.