Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played Priest/Hunter Mirror a few weeks ago when I was actually playing my Priest. Killed the Hunter around 2/3 Minutes in, and then spent quite some time trying to kill this healer which was humping RoL Pillar like there was no tomorrow. Managed to get lucky eventually, and the game ended after around 17 Minutes. But I like this idea. Say in 2's someone has been at a 2 v 1 situation for 5 Minutes, the team with 2 still alive get the buff. Just stops stupid things like Blood Dks and Healers.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Seeing how the official tournaments picks whoever has done the most damage as the winner after a set time, I suppose the team with the most damage after X minutes will get this. That's of course if the teams still have an equal amount of players alive.
    I understand your logic behind this but I think your forgetting that a a healer team will obviously have far less damage then a team thats all dps. If all player are still alive does that mean the dps team should get a buff because the healer was doing a good enough job keeping them up? Absolutely not.

Although I do agree that something needs to be done to stop healer pillar humping into a draw after the dps dies. I hope this is the fix. I play a healer and I have never done it myself, I just leave and requeue. Who has time for that mess just to lose points anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post

I understand your logic behind this but I think your forgetting that a a healer team will obviously have far less damage then a team thats all dps. If all player are still alive does that mean the dps team should get a buff because the healer was doing a good enough job keeping them up? Absolutely not.

Although I do agree that something needs to be done to stop healer pillar humping into a draw after the dps dies. I hope this is the fix. I play a healer and I have never done it myself, I just leave and requeue. Who has time for that mess just to lose points anyway?
    Well, since arena is mainly balanced around 3s, where teams have 1 healer and 2 dps, I would call surviving a heal-dps team as double dps for that long the greater feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Well, since arena is mainly balanced around 3s, where teams have 1 healer and 2 dps, I would call surviving a heal-dps team as double dps for that long the greater feat.
    You are correct. I guess the point I was trying to make is that this would only be valid if they implemented it in 3's and 5's which I highly doubt they would just leave 2's out of it. My guess it is would be a last man standing thing, player inbalance (hopefully only if one player stands) then the other team gets the buff after X min of the one player being alone.

Deleted
    I don't get it... Why not just let them team win with most players alive win once the 25man cap is reached, or alternatively if your team is down 1 player 3-5 minutes after the player death and the game haven't ended, let the other team win..? There aren't any flaws really. The better team wins.

If you're 1v2 as a healer just dicking around you're an ass and just abusing poor class balance, and if there weren't a length cap you wouldn't be stalling the game anyway. If you're 2v3 because the other team is playing better and you can't do anything but turtle around delaying the invetiable, you will eventually lose anyway. Back in Tbc warrior/druid could just stall forever in a 2v3 scenario simply because of poor class balance, but eventually you're going to lose.

If it's 3v3 scenario where a healer died, the game is going to finish anyway before the 3-5 minutes have passed.

Hopefully it works different from what everyone's thinking. It should work in the way that if its 2v1 the 1 gets the buff, but maybe make dmg taken reduced to 50% instead of immune. And blood dk's are no worse than hunters who run around haivng their pet keep you in combat while they pillar hump to waste time, or a rogue who just keeps cloaking and vanishing constantly, or a druid that just shifts and ports everywhere. Almost all classes have the ability to pillar hump/kite/reset fight. One of the only dps classes that cant is the one thats catching all the grief in this thread. If you cant kill a healer with 2 dps or a blood dk with 2 dps, then you need to stop pvping. This is coming from a shaman, enhance, who have very little escape abilities.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Deleted
    There should be different factors to it because everything isnt always black and white.

Even if i hate when a single healer runs around for 10 minutes before you can land a kill i really
    can relate to that team too. Being CCed and bursted in seconds shouldnt mean that you are punished.

Lets see how it works before crying about it
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2013-06-16 at 11:08 AM.

Wouldn't it be better to do something close to giving everyone a 100% healing debuff after 15min?

Or am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I don't get it... Why not just let them team win with most players alive win once the 25man cap is reached, or alternatively if your team is down 1 player 3-5 minutes after the player death and the game haven't ended, let the other team win..? There aren't any flaws really. The better team wins.
    just the flaw that the surviving healer can still be a douche and derp around till arena closes its not a tie but now if its a 1vs2 the one ( assuming the two are 1 heal 1 dps) he also loses points but he´s an a*s about ( or thinks the other team does not deserve to win for whatever reasons) and want´s the others to loose points too or waste their time one problem fixed but the other is still there

On ArenaJunkies you can see that the person who got this buff says:
    "Random team gets it after 15 min."
    which is kinda stupid if it's true.

Deleted
    So no more 2v1?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    So basically you're invulnerable... Nice, this could maybe help you win.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 06:19 PM ----------

I have never encountered any tough healer in arena this expansion that wouldn't die to 2 dps after his mate died. And I'm a noob at arena.
    I imagine that depending on the healer and the DPS classes it is very possible. See: Types of CC vs Immunities to it + Pillars
    Last edited by mmoc52fe769775; 2013-06-16 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    It's meant for it's a 1v2 situation where one team can't solo a healer, if they are running dps/healer. Some dps can't solo healers, so after about 2min with one person on the opposing team, the dps/healer team with both partners still up gets the buff, not meant for during a 2v2 or a 3v3. It's not going to change anything at all save for fixing healers turtling till the game draw's.
    What about 1 dps versus 2 dps though? Some people are great players and 1v2 a lot.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    really hope this doesn't nerf my duel blood DK 2's team.
    i hope it does...
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    What about 1 dps versus 2 dps though? Some people are great players and 1v2 a lot.
    Those games don't last that long, usually less then 5 minutes unless it's something silly as blood death knight vs dual combat rogue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riordrian View Post
    just the flaw that the surviving healer can still be a douche and derp around till arena closes its not a tie but now if its a 1vs2 the one ( assuming the two are 1 heal 1 dps) he also loses points but he´s an a*s about ( or thinks the other team does not deserve to win for whatever reasons) and want´s the others to loose points too or waste their time one problem fixed but the other is still there
    If 2 people can not kill 1 person then that is their problem and they do not deserve to win.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    So basically you're invulnerable... Nice, this could maybe help you win.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 06:19 PM ----------

I have never encountered any tough healer in arena this expansion that wouldn't die to 2 dps after his mate died. And I'm a noob at arena.
    How about enhance healer vs healer, or other rather support than pure dps

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    If 2 people can not kill 1 person then that is their problem and they do not deserve to win.
    Some classes do have problems finishing off a healer, it is 3 or 4 times more easy to kill a dps with healer up than kill a healer with dps up

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    On ArenaJunkies you can see that the person who got this buff says:
    "Random team gets it after 15 min."
    which is kinda stupid if it's true.
    Because that random guy at AJ knows how do you get it, right?
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2013-06-16 at 04:43 PM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post

Some classes do have problems finishing off a healer, it is 3 or 4 times more easy to kill a dps with healer up than kill a healer with dps up[COLOR="red"]
    So? It does not mean those 2 people should get a free win because they killed one person. It is 2v2, You should have to kill 2 people with no outside interference.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I don't get the 100% damage reduction. So basically after a certain time, your opponent could become invulnerable to damage. And then what do you do ?! Personally, if that happens, I think I'm just gonna stand there and spam /spit until he kills me, I can't hurt him anyway, might as well go down in flames.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    jeeze theyre over complicating this. Just make spec change available in Arena and gg. If two dps cant kill a healer they deserve a loss.