Thread: Frost DK PvP

Frost DK PvP

In 5.3 for PvP for Frost, what i the stat priority? I've read the best is Haste>Mastery>Crit for 2H. Just want to make sure
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

...nobody?
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberpiggie View Post
    A quick glance would reveal (at the title of the link you posted, even) that that guide is for PvE. The OP, in HIS thread title, asked for PVP advice, not PvE.

As for the OP's question, I do believe you're correct. It also seems a popular notion nowadays to do away with PvP power gems completely. (though don't quote me on that)
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

haste and mastery are close together but for 2h you have it right

Deleted
    Given up on dk pvp. It's bad, really bad. Only good as target caller in rbgs, and maybe in arenas. In wpvp, duels and random bgs you get raped by pretty much everything except locks and spriests. Hell, rogues and ferals actually have time to spam /lol while "outplaying" you and BM huntards are untouchable. This as frost. As unholy you may actually kills something before getting "outplayed" if you blow big ghoul and garg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    if you blow big ghoul and garg.
    pls no...

OT, yeah thats about the right stats you want,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Given up on dk pvp. It's bad, really bad. Only good as target caller in rbgs, and maybe in arenas. In wpvp, duels and random bgs you get raped by pretty much everything except locks and spriests. Hell, rogues and ferals actually have time to spam /lol while "outplaying" you and BM huntards are untouchable. This as frost. As unholy you may actually kills something before getting "outplayed" if you blow big ghoul and garg.
    If you are "outplayed" on any class you will lose a duel... I figured that was the name of the game. In world pvp if you are fighting 1v1 then it's a glorified duel; if not, then most classes can't beat more than one opponent by themselves (unless the faction that has more are just really bad) anyways.

I run arena's and do bg's as 2h frost and I very rarely get beat by a single other class. DK's in general have so many tools to negate a lot of other classes abilities that i'm not sure why people are bitching about how dk's are bad in pvp. I don't always beat UH dk's but I definitely can hold my own against them when we come face to face. With the obliterate burst damage we can put out, you just need to put pressure on the opponent to force them to use cooldowns/trinkets. Once they do, you open up your can of whoop-ass obliterate style.

I'm not saying you will win all the time, but if you play smart and time your abilities wisely, you will find that we are not in a very bad spot pvp wise atm. Just my 2c though.

P.S. As far as stats go, my testing has revealed to me that str>haste>pvpp>mastery>crit. That's what has been working for me.

to the guuy complaining about world pvp...just go blood for world pvp...and make sure you have necro strike on your bars. I was doing the weekly quest and attacked a warrior then his rogue friend tried taking me out. I killed both of them and lol'd. I know this isnt the case for everyone but I thought it was hilarious that 2v1 they couldnt kill me and basically fed me scent of blood charges.

Deleted
    I tried both Haste->mastery->crit and haste->crit->mastery..... The recommended prio is Haste->Crit->Mastery http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pvp/death-.../stat-priority

I find that prioritizing crit over mastery works best for my playstyle. Increased mastery really only helps you pad the meters with splash damage from HB and a bit more dam on FS. Increased crit works on all abilities and that xtra crit or 2 is really what lands the kill during burst phase.

My stats completely unbuffed:

Strength: 14.406
    haste: 6.492
    Crit: 6.041
    Mastery: 1.853
    PvPPower: 15.481

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    to the guuy complaining about world pvp...just go blood for world pvp...and make sure you have necro strike on your bars. I was doing the weekly quest and attacked a warrior then his rogue friend tried taking me out. I killed both of them and lol'd. I know this isnt the case for everyone but I thought it was hilarious that 2v1 they couldnt kill me and basically fed me scent of blood charges.
    Anyone who can kite can easily kill a blood DK
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2013-06-19 at 07:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Any Blood DK that can stay on his target is damn near unkillable.

See what I did there?
    You're avoiding the fact that Blood DKs are pretty damn easy to kite.

By like... everyone.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You're avoiding the fact that Blood DKs are pretty damn easy to kite.

By like... everyone.
    Bingo. Blood DK can be kited by most classes and specs. So in PvP it is really only good vs melee with no kite tools and people with no brains..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Bingo. Blood DK can be kited by most classes and specs. So in PvP it is really only good vs melee with no kite tools and people with no brains..
    A silenced and disarmed blood DK is a dead blood DK.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.