Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Gnomes, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post

I think in the first pic, the arms are a bit too muscular, but the other two are fine.

The faces of the human male, night elf male, dwarf males and gnomes males... Currently most have facial hair to hide the terrible hare-lip like textures some have going on. I hope they will get the lips right this time, but I am not sure how much they will change it to stay 'true' to the old models.

Aside from faces and to talk about actual models, I see them screw up the forsaken somehow with the revealing bones which cut through armor and cloaks alike -.- it never made sense (other than recognizing a Forsaken from afar) and it still won't if they include the armor piercing pieces of bone in the new models. I really wish to see a different approach on the exposed knees and elbows without them magically holding a sleeve or lower parts of a pair of pants up while they are obviously torn.

I have a bad feeling about trolls. Vol'jin and Mar'li.. well, they don't look bad, but they're definitely not what I'd want playable trolls to look like. A bit less muscular than that and smoother faces than the current models would be perfect for me.

As for female night elves.. They are perfect the way they are - strong and graceful! If they somehow manage to ruin them, [insert death threat here].

I'd hate to see any of the models change too much, but the quality was obviously not meant for our current graphics settings.
    Last edited by Zindai; 2013-06-17 at 04:30 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more I look at the new Garrosh, the more it saddens me. It looks nothing like the old Orc, and actually looks too realistic for WoW.

I hope Garrosh is not a new model, and rather just a revamped skeleton with a boss-quality skin.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    - Taking away the muscular, strong physique of Night Elf women in favour of sexing them up. They can still look attractive but don't turn them into barbie dolls. There are Blood Elves for that.
    not gonna happen. someone at the art department has developed some serious fetish about muscle women. have you ever seen how much muscle the fem goblins got when they went from NPCs to playable? they look like they could break me in half!

pandaren and worgen women also have muscular arms, to a lesser extent (probably because their fur makes it harder to notice)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Let me just post my wishlist;

Orcs
    - no more hunch

Blood Elves
    - Females have decent-sized weapons instead of the toothpicks they currently use

Forsaken
    - Slightly larger shoulder armours
    - Maybe the bones being a toggle.

Tauren
    - Grimtotem facepaint? A man can dream...

Humans
    - Just slim the menfolk down a wee bit!

Gnomes
    - Replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

I am excited for the new Night Elf female model, But I swear to god if it looks ANYTHING like Azshara or the "new" Tyrande model.....I am race changing or playing a different class.

They better add in an option to use old models if you don't like the new ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying that blizzard is bad at what they do, but sometimes during a reboot things don't go as planned.
    I'm very afraid that they will ruin Draenei.
    If they do I'd even take the risk of getting caught and use modified model files.
    Provided they don't add an option to continue the usage of the old model.

10+ Year Old Account
    To answer the question in the topic, any or all of them really. None of them will be universally liked and I'm sure that when they arrive we'll see a long period of people complaining about all of them. It's just how it works. Expectations get raised, inevitably disappointed and you're off. And I 100% agree with those that hope that some sort of option to stay how you currently are is included.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Blizzard doesn't get rid of the Dwarf female's boob sway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans. Humans are what we will criticize, as most of us on these forums are humans id guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Humans. Humans are what we will criticize, as most of us on these forums are humans id guess.
    I'm an engineering student, therefore I am undead IRL.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I'm wondering how they'll handle Tauren. There seem to be two camps when it comes to illustrating them: one that goes full-on hump-back and one that greatly lessens or completely removes the hump.

This is true even in Blizzard's own art -- some of Samwise's Tauren are completely without a hump, or only have a slight hunch. Some of Blizzard's other official art features the hump to more varying degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The more I look at the new Garrosh, the more it saddens me. It looks nothing like the old Orc, and actually looks too realistic for WoW.

I hope Garrosh is not a new model, and rather just a revamped skeleton with a boss-quality skin.
    I'd prefer at least some of the races to move away from the cartoon-ey look, not least because WoW now has the potential for much more realistic models.

That said, some of them can keep their light-hearted appearance. One could complain about the contrast, but then if you showed someone an Undead Male and a Pandaren male standing side by side, they'd likely think they were from different games. Contrast isn't always bad; comical Gnomes and serious Orcs can coexist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I'm wondering how they'll handle Tauren. There seem to be two camps when it comes to illustrating them: one that goes full-on hump-back and one that greatly lessens or completely removes the hump.

This is true even in Blizzard's own art -- some of Samwise's Tauren are completely without a hump, or only have a slight hunch. Some of Blizzard's other official art features the hump to more varying degrees.
    I would think the older ones (Cairne) would have a larger hump while the younger ones (Baine) would be more straightened out.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would really love taurens, of both genders, to have "no-caveman" option and stand tall and pround. Also removing hump would solve alot of armor problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I would really love taurens, of both genders, to have "no-caveman" option and stand tall and pround. Also removing hump would solve alot of armor problems.
    It's probably physically impossible for a Tauren to stand upright in any manner. Not that some of the old models are realistic in proportions in any way, but a lean Tauren would never look anything but silly and wrong as I imagine it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an engineering student, therefore I am undead IRL.
    I'm an engineer. I've been rezzed when I finished my studies... as a Draenei. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    It's probably physically impossible for a Tauren to stand upright in any manner. Not that some of the old models are realistic in proportions in any way, but a lean Tauren would never look anything but silly and wrong as I imagine it.
    To be honest i dont see anything wrong with them looking like that:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Tau...ossom-65247660
    or that:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Res...Druid-88416809

Current model seems to have spine of hydralisk.