Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Actually, if it's a toggleable mechanic with no CD then that's a great buff (and fixes some problems previously)

If the CD doesn't exist, that means that we can choose when to MF or not, which is a huge boon in particular for doing dungeons where you may need MF for some pulls, but don't want it on others (First room of SM w/ the Graveyard is one good example)\

If it has a CD that's bad.
    Could definitely settle for that. Would be a great QoL buff.

I don't know how u feel guys, but they're nerfing the shit out of locks in 5.4! At first their concern was our survivability, yet the nerfs to KJC and MF are unrelated. I guess it's back to the back of the bus for us, it was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    I don't know how u feel guys, but they're nerfing the shit out of locks in 5.4! At first their concern was our survivability, yet the nerfs to KJC and MF are unrelated. I guess it's back to the back of the bus for us, it was fun while it lasted.
    We'll be fine. The only change that really hurts is the MF change, and KJC for Affliction.

Acording to mr GC, the new MF is a perk. And Iam sure in his infinite wisdom he means the actual PTR one

I have to say that its not a perk far from it, besides some dungeons wich just requires some caution. The new version its nothing like a perk for obvious reasons its just a nuisance, requires 1 more bind, and I can count several reasons were we need MF and 1,50m CD wont be enough.

If they lower the CD ppl will just macro it and then becomes pretty pointless and even for those that dont macro, demo definitively don't need another button to press on that overcomplicated but fun AOE rotation

If they make it a toggle without CD and duration then I will be happy but even then I will just run with it turned on 99% of the time, I don't see the point
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2013-06-17 at 07:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    and will use another bind which we dont need
    You had to remind me didn't you? I bought a Razer Naga to get a few more buttons to press (I already had the steelseries MMO mouse) and I am fresh out of keybindings.

Gonna be lovely to get another couple! I'll have to be real creative. I might invest in those race-car pedals. That way I could have another couple of buttons (maybe even with modifiers on top of that) for my feet. Great direction this game is taking. More buttons yus!

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    You had to remind me didn't you? I bought a Razer Naga to get a few more buttons to press (I already had the steelseries MMO mouse) and I am fresh out of keybindings.

Gonna be lovely to get another couple! I'll have to be real creative. I might invest in those race-car pedals. That way I could have another couple of buttons (maybe even with modifiers on top of that) for my feet. Great direction this game is taking. More buttons yus!
    No way you're even close to running out of keybinds. Modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    No way you're even close to running out of keybinds. Modifiers.
    Its not just about having a extra button its about bringing pointless complexity to the table, Demo AOE rotation would take what 7 buttons now? Most classes single target rotations dont take that much, Its alot of fun but it absolutely doesn't need another button that will end most of the time just get macroed

HOG, storm, Carrion, Void Ray, Aura of elements, immolate aura and now MF

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 13 Jun

@HeelvsBabyface This was a nerf to an ability that many locks didn't even take in 5.0.
    GC famous logic
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2013-06-17 at 07:56 PM.

MF + spell effects level 100000, I loved seeing if it would crash me.

10+ Year Old Account
    BIG update, source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=111#2202

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Got a few updates for you guys. Standard disclaimer applies that this is all still in early testing and subject to change.

Fel Flame has gotten a slight rework. It now has a 1.5 second cast time, but can always be cast while moving. Also, it no longer extends the duration of damage over time effects (and, as such, no longer causes them to lose their "snapshotted" stats) and has gotten a small damage buff. The intent here is that you should be able to use this to keep up some damage when you need to move, but you'll want to stick to your standard rotation otherwise.

Looking specifically at Affliction, we're lowering the bonus damage that Malefic Grasp provides and moving that damage over into Haunt and the DoT effects themselves to compensate. We still want Malefic Grasp to be your primary filler for single target DPS, but this will make it a bit less punishing when you can't afford to channel it (especially in PvP). Haunt will once again be interrupted by movement, in favor of the Fel Flame change.

There's been a couple adjustments to the level 90 talents as well. Both Kil'Jaeden's Cunning and Mannoroth's Fury have had their cooldowns and durations lowered to 60 and 10 seconds, respectively. Mannoroth's Fury now only applies to the core AoE damage spells (Seed of Corruption, Hellfire, Immolation Aura, and Rain of Fire), but increases their damage by 100% while active in addition to the range increase. Note that Rain of Fire is being changed to no longer generate enough Burning Embers to be worth using in a single target rotation (so, Destruction shouldn't feel forced into Mannoroth's Fury).

These should hopefully be hitting the PTR in the next build. Once again, please remember that we're very early in the 5.4 development process. Any or all of this may still change before the patch goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    That last comment about destro single target + mf. What?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible change.

It is funny that they present it as a QoL change.

- Hey! You now do not have to RoF single target for embers!
    - Great! How do we generate embers now instead?
    - ... <awkward silence> brb to ask boss
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mannoroth's Fury now only applies to the core AoE damage spells (Seed of Corruption, Hellfire, Immolation Aura, and Rain of Fire), but increases their damage by 100% while active in addition to the range increase. Note that Rain of Fire is being changed to no longer generate enough Burning Embers to be worth using in a single target rotation (so, Destruction shouldn't feel forced into Mannoroth's Fury).
    Please please please tell me that this doesn't make immo aura a single target dps increase again....

I can't help but feel that this change increases affli/demo AOE overall but gives next to nothing to destro - it should affect FNB in my opinion - and just provides a plethora of minor nerfs (demo cleave, huge ranged knockback/interrupt gone etc).

Finally, that comment on RoF no requiring mannoroths fury for single target... just wut?

I guess if the Fel Flame change is to continue to hobble our basic mechanics then it's par for the course so far this patch.

Next up, Lifetap is channeled with a cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    Wow most definetely not worth bothering anymore. 2 weeks ago I thought to try out Netherwinter, and boy I had to have real fun with a mmo after a long time. Wow made me forget what real fun is after all this time. They have 8 years experience ,but they keep doing the worst possible choices, hurting their image every time.

This game is outdated, with the majority of the people in charge of it being unqualified for the job to revive it. Maybe the new expansion will bring some people back for 1-2 months, but thats about it. Numbers will keep going down, by the time there are games out there bringing new things on the table . Competition is evovling, and Blizzard will soon have to deal with it, and i dont think the are ready
    you don't think they are ready yet they invented the most largest selling mmo to date?....hmm your a special kind of stupid aren't ya?

I like how they continue to kick Manny fury and think they are making favors with giving it damage buff to RoF. RoF don't do enough damage unless you put immo on bosses, and FnB Immo won't have range increase. Any niche places where 'new' Manny would be useful (Gara'jal) are now cut as well. And with ember generation being thwarted on rof with no buffs to horizon for Destro, it's prolly won't even be really worthwhile to use on Primordius.

Deleted
    If the increased aoe damage from MF is a flat 100% to all the mentioned spells, affliction is gonna benefit a lot more than the other 2 specs. RoF and immo aura are a 'small' portion of the aoe rotation, while soc is pretty much 90% of afflictions aoe damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    Wow most definetely not worth bothering anymore. 2 weeks ago I thought to try out Netherwinter, and boy I had to have real fun with a mmo after a long time. Wow made me forget what real fun is after all this time. They have 8 years experience ,but they keep doing the worst possible choices, hurting their image every time.
    i have to agree, neverwinter is a lot of fun. i play a lvl 26 cleric & am really enjoying it. i love the fact i also have a disciple (helper) that not only attacks, but also helps to heal. just a really enjoyable game & the solo instances/storyline are also pretty good.

As a demo warlock, this change looks pretty interesting. I can see us use this as a burst cd even on singletarget if the fight has mechanics where the boss gets more dmg or you get a dmg buff. It should be a dps gain in a 2 target fight as well.

As destruction, this is wortless and lets me hope there is no durumu 2.0 in the sog raid.

Demo doesn't need the AOE buff, I rather hit more targets in the corrent content.