Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Since LFR has been rewarding the stuff for the quests, then LFR users will most likely get a Legendary. My guess is that it will be like any other type of gear that drops from raids where the ilvl and stats will depend upon which raid level you achieved it from.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Since LFR has been rewarding the stuff for the quests, then LFR users will most likely get a Legendary. My guess is that it will be like any other type of gear that drops from raids where the ilvl and stats will depend upon which raid level you achieved it from.
    Probably not. The game doesnt treat Sigils and whatnot from different difficulties differently, and the hard parts have all been in the world or solo scenarios.

There will probably be only one type of legendary. And you will replace it with your first quest reward in 6.0! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Was there a seperate version for normal and heroic of DTR or Fangs? The legendary quest is more time consuming than any other legendary to date. Assuming you have to start from step one to get the weapon in 5.4, why would they not allow LFR raiders to get it? It took the same amount of time as normal/heroic raiders.
    Last edited by NoRest4Wicked; 2013-06-17 at 06:59 PM.

Deleted
    Yes we will see a orange fest. The legandary will end up being a loyalty bonus for having subscribed enough time during this expansion to get through all the grinding of stuff sigils, valor points etc.. I really do not see blizzard suddenly saying oh no normal/heroic raid only. It is a loyalty bonus item and well thats it.
    The funny thing is I've got no idea what we will end up getting at the finish line, now that is going to be interresting.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    The solo quest for cloak is joke aswell, so yes, running LFR does grant you the 600ilvl cloak. I dont think LFR should have legendary. heck they shouldnt even have tier. They should just give offset items.
    It's not really a joke, otherwise there wouldn't have been people complaining about spending 500-1000g on repairs the day after it was first available.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not giving people a legendary after getting them this far would be idiotic. Even for someone who does just LFR, the time commitment to get the legendary is significant.
    It's a huge time commitment over a period of months, really, and the catch-up is brutal going on impractical.

I missed maybe 2 months of regular LFR runs on my most advanced toon and she is still looking for Secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It's not really a joke, otherwise there wouldn't have been people complaining about spending 500-1000g on repairs the day after it was first available.
    It is a joke. For the melee one, you have about 3s to avoid a cleave and one, long-cast spell to interrupt every ~30s. Otherwise all you do is hit Wrathion and he doesn't have that much health.

I think that speaks to the point of this thread. Anyone not able to handle mechanics that simple should not have even made it to that point, let alone eventually obtained an ilvl 600 cloak. That quest should have been a much, much harder mechanics check.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    What do you think, will we have an orange-fest with every LFR-veteran running with a legendary soon? Or will they keep the legendary exclusive to normals/heroics?
    I doubt it, but if they do change it, maybe they will so the flex raid drops legendary stuff. That way it will force people to pug and, of course, flex raid will become the new pug.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I doubt it, but if they do change it, maybe they will so the flex raid drops legendary stuff. That way it will force people to pug and, of course, flex raid will become the new pug.
    There is absolutely no one who can be "forced" to pug raid who isn't already pugging.

There are two reasons people don't pug: They can't, or they don't want to. Neither one is going to change no matter what is or isn't available via LFR or organized raiding.

The people who are "forced" to do things (because of peer pressure or imagined necessity to optimize their characters) are not the people who only run LFR.

If I remember correctly, Ghostcrawler touched on this in a tweet. Too lazy to find it, but it was something to the extent of "That wouldn't be a very nice bait and switch."

So my money's on being able to complete the entire thing via LFR. The way Blizz sees it, everything up this point has been obtainable through LFR. "Forcing" people to go to normal (or even just flex) to finish things out would classify as a bait and switch, I suppose.

Frankly with the endless nerfs to sigil grind, valor grind etc., getting the legendary quest chain caught up to current really won't be that difficult or even particularly time-consuming. I can't tell you how many mainswaps happened in Throne of Thunder that are now all caught up on Titan Runestones.

If anything, it would be nice insofar as it would remind the LFR raiders that LFR isn't something you should aspire to. Game could always use more reminders of that.
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Why ?

Anyone who has gotten the legendary through LFR put in more time on the effort than any of the previous legendaries required, especially the random drop ones.

You seem to think exclusivity is what makes a legendary. I think time investment is. I don't think getting lucky by killing a boss and getting a legendary is ... well, legendary. I think sticking with a quest chain for quite literally an entire expansion is legendary.
    Because how will they feel fulfilled, sitting at the AH on their challenge mode mount in their challenge mode armor with their legendary weapon, if someone from LFR can get it too?

10+ Year Old Account
    To all those special snowflakes:

I put exactly the same effort into obtaining a legendary like you. So yes, we raidfinder players will also get a legendary orange weapon (or whatever it is); exactly the same reward.

also I bet (and hope) that the siege of orgrimmar legendary quests won't be rng but the same as with Dragonwrath: e.g collect 250 essences from fallen bosses.....that would perfectly make sense (also after that huge rnjesus in the previous parts)
    Last edited by Nivena; 2013-06-17 at 08:33 PM.

Obviously all people will run around with ilevel 625 legendary, including the LFRers, also what is obvious is that half the server will have it before some of the hardcore heroic raiders on that server, raiding 5+ days a week.
    Last edited by Haxlax; 2013-06-17 at 08:34 PM.

I'm a normal raider and I still have been doing the legendary quests primarily through LFR. Reset day, do full clear on LFR and world bosses, use the valor to upgrade stuff and then full clear on reg a few days later with coin rolls. The thing from my POV is that the legendary quest has little or nothing to do with what I'm doing in the normal clears, since by that time, I've already gotten all the Runestones I'm going to get that week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think probably.

I don't think it's a big deal. Considering it is going to take three tiers of work to complete it, I don't particularly think LFR raiders are any less deserving. The content may be easier for them, but that's still a very significant investment of effort to regularly. The quest line is pretty "legendary" either way.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think probably.

I don't think it's a big deal. Considering it is going to take three tiers of work to complete it, I don't particularly think LFR raiders are any less deserving. The content may be easier for them, but that's still a very significant investment of effort to regularly. The quest line is pretty "legendary" either way.
    Is something legendary if half the server runs around with it?

this will probably sound stupid to most of you

but it should be a given that people who acquire legendaries in LFR should take much longer than people who run normals or even heroics.

stupid how through pure RNG, someone who does LFR can get things before someone who clears heroics

Quote Originally Posted by Haxlax View Post
    Is something epic if it is sold by a vendor for gold?

considering a good chunk of raiders (normal or heroic) also ran LFR for the extra loots of the legendary quest line, there shouldn't be a question about who gets what, everyone will have the ilvl 600ish Legendary at the end, same ilvl, exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxlax View Post
    Yes, if Blizz deems it so. You seem to be mistaking 'legendary' and 'rare-endary'..... lol