Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Draenei are a BC race though, wouldn't expect them and blood elves to be updated, at least not until after the vanilla races.
    They were stated to be updated as well. Blizzard said they would update everything except Cata races and onwards, but they would work on the older races first. So, yes, Draenei and Blood Elves are getting updated.

As far as those troll skins...they're just skins. I agree that Vol'jin and Mar'li look awesome. Hell, the entire Zandalari Council in ToT was consisted of four different troll skeletons with new skins slapped on them, and they all looked great...except they still had horrible animations. They moved very stiffly compared to Pandaren, or even Worgen and Goblins, because they only had new skins, and a couple had new animations (like Kazra'jin's roll). I'm much more excited about having smoother movements on my characters, on top of having more detailed features. I especially would like it if my Night Elves could have moving hair that doesn't look glued on, or a Dwarf that doesn't have his beard glued to his pubes.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The new character model will rather be a source of endless QQ threads...THAT is what 5 years on this forum have taught me.
    Agreed. Even the most fabulous announced things get killed on these forums. Like virtual realms, new BG's, new dungeons, new play mechanics like Pokemon, ...

Also when I play I hardly notice the number of vectors on a model ... And with all that armour around my avatar I do not care so much, but let's welcome it anyway.

Also ... In 5(!) minutes everyone will be used to the "new" graphics and ... will return to what really counts : game play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    To whomever said the newer troll female model uses the night elf skeleton, you're incorrect... I just checked it on the WoW model viewer, and she has the animations of a female troll.

Anyway... I don't recall Blizzard confirming that they'd be doing the BC races (at least, not along with the others.) I'd reserve confirming that they're doing it until a blue post with them saying they'd do it is provided.
    If you don't remember, you could always look up the video linked earlier in this thread where Tom Chilton confirms they do intend to do BC races, they're just lower priority. That could be interpreted a number of ways; it initially looked like they might release a few races at a time, and in that scenario, Blood Elves and Draenei would be in the last batch. However, it seems as though they're not going to do that, so I expect either one of two things to happen - either they all get released at once, with the Blood Elf and Draenei models being the last ones that they complete but still included in the all-at-once update; or all the Vanilla races are released at once (say, in expansion pre-patch) and the BE/Draenei ones come in a subsequent patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    My thoughts exactly. This is hardly something anyone should be excited about. It is not a substitute for new content.
    Nearly every piece of your visible gear is transmogged. lol

I'm more dreading the day than anything. Hope they nail models, sincerely doubt they will.
    Look! Words!

Why do I have this terrible feeling that the community will get super super super hyped over models and then when they finally come out no matter how good they are the forums will be wall to wall bitching about every aspect of them?

Oh yeah, because that's what happens with everything.

P.S. Goddamn it hurry up and release the new models Blizzard :P

Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    We spend 90% of our time looking at models in this game.
    Yeah although, most of the time they're covered head to toe in your gear. Unless you turn your helm off.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 07:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve15 View Post
    I'm sure new models will be super amazing. I really hope they add subraces though, I'll give some examples below:
    Alliance:
    Human - None (no subraces)
    Dwarf - Wildhammer, Dark Iron, Frostborn (maybe, Frostborn is a stretch)
    Night elf - None (no subraces)
    Gnome - None (Leper would be too much since you kill them at start)
    Draenei - Broken
    Worgen - None
    Horde:
    Orc - Mag'har, Blackrock (like Eitrigg), Dragonmaw, Red (like Dark Portal guards?)
    Undead - None (maybe add undead elves like dark rangers)
    Tauren - Taunka, Grimtotem (a group rebelled and is Horde)
    Troll - Forest (give both types a bulky option; Revantusk)
    Blood elf - None
    Goblin - None
    ---

Just some of my ideas for subraces. Regardless I'll be happy with new models though.
    I'm thinking they probably won't. How would the Dwarf starting experience make sense if you're Wildhammer or Dark Iron? You start in Dun Morogh.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 07:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Cata's highlight was revamped zones.
    Could have cared less personally.
    Exactly how much less?

(I thought the expansion paid for itself with the revamped zones and account level achievements alone.)
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-06-17 at 07:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Its not so much the model itself i want updated, I just want fluid animations, and adjustment of certain armor parts (female human weapons 3x larger than they are, shoulder pads attachment point being on the tip of the shoulder, draenei cape shelves....)

I would LOVE if they adjusted back posture some more, or at least give us access to one that stand up properly. Animations in game already give you the ability to stand straight so gear modeling wouldn't be an issue. I also find is funny Thrall and any loading screen with Garrosh in it has him standing tall instead of bent over, on top of the female orcs having more back support than every male.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    snip
    I don't understand what you're trying to get at. All orcs that aren't brown have demon taint in them. End of story.

Besides, there are already red orcs serving the Horde.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=44343
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=42301

So your point is moot.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 05:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm thinking they probably won't. How would the Dwarf starting experience make sense if you're Wildhammer or Dark Iron? You start in Dun Morogh.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Teegli_Merrowith
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Halbin_Frosthammer
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Saripal_Smolderbrew

Realistically they wouldn't have to change anything about the starting experience, but that doesn't stop them from changing the text in most of the quests to being different for sub-races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    People forget one thing.

We wear armour. I hate to break it to you, but the sad truth of the race updates is that all you'll notice is new animations and a slightly changed silhouette. unless you play with no gear on.
    Do you really think that with updated characters, the gear wont update as well? Silly arthas. I for one am tired of seeing that shitty zig zag grappy bone sticking out of the back of my undead

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Same, they add some extra flavor but do not change the way I play, as opposed to certain other changes that have happened in the past years. To call it the best thing that ever happened to WoW is almost sheer idiocy, or a testament of how superficial people have become, no longer caring for actual gameplay improvements, but they'd rather have some prettier pixels they'll almost never look at except when they flaunt their stuff in Shrine.

Even animations aren't that visible when there's 24/9 other players around you, a/several bosses, add(s) and an amalgam of spell effects. I haven't heard anyone mention mid-raid that he's really sick of the way his Troll throws Fireballs.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice potential change, but it's not a pivotal update that will change the way we look at this game, or the way we play this game.
    Few things. One from a marketing and sales standpoint, the first thing a new player sees when buying a game is their new character. It turns a lot of people off.

Secondly.. so would you prefer everything to be checkered cubes

thirdly... You had better never ever ever use any mount besides the original wyvern or the original gryphon otherwise you are a hypocrite. It's like having the choice between the old one or the one from Domination point.

Lastly, you are a raider, and how often do people complain that raids look boring? Hmm? By your standard of playing this game, Every raid should look like TOC and.. you know what, cut out any of the talking, or people, or falling underground, just use the arena in stranglethorn vale
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Green orcs were never red orcs, we know this because well, if you played WC1-3 the answer to that should be obvious.

Its basically the same go around with elves. 'pure' elves have blue eyes, tainted elves have green eyes, fully corrupted elves grow wings and horns and shit.

Additionally, fel corruption seems to be permanent on some level, given that BE's still have green eyes and orcs still have green skin even after they were 'freed' from demonic magic.
    Incorrect, Grom Hellscream was red during Demonic Influence, he becomes green after being cleansed by Jaina in WC3 RoC

I guess I don't see why it matters so much. Graphics don't impact gameplay at all, and it's not like the game looks bad. But in any case, I'm glad they're redoing animations. I hope they make the worgen better. They look awesome but their casting and two hand melee animations, not to mention their run, are just laughable. Here's to hoping my characters don't flip and spin at inappropriate times.

Been looking forward to Wildhammer skins ever since Dwarves could be Shaman. It doesn't really make sense for the Bronzebeard Dwarves to be. I have plenty of helms and chest pieces ready for transmog glory so I can show off all my badass tats. Improved beards would be icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Incorrect, Grom Hellscream was red during Demonic Influence, he becomes green after being cleansed by Jaina in WC3 RoC
    The exception not the rule, if it was true then every orc in WC1 and WC2 would be red instead of green, but they aren't.

All that instance does is support the fact that green = tainted, red = super corrupted. Since grom being the power hungry hellscream that he was drank greedily to gain enough strength to defeat cenarius.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    The exception not the rule, if it was true then every orc in WC1 and WC2 would be red instead of green, but they aren't.

All that instance does is support the fact that green = tainted, red = super corrupted. Since grom being the power hungry hellscream that he was drank greedily to gain enough strength to defeat cenarius.
    Well then, but red still means that they are bursting with demonic energies.

It does not matter if some (3 from what I've seen so far, that's a very small number, feel free to correct me if this is wrong) work for the horde (as linked above), getting more corrupt orcs in the horde (us, players, specially after what is happening with Garrosh and all that) would just seem very far fetched.

Im so excited for them.
    Me too. I just hope male undead get to keep their animations and female dwarfs their twirly braids, 'cause twirly braids make me smile.

Deleted
    Maybe they give us new character models in the next expansion instead of a new race?

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also affraid my expectations are a to high :/

Deleted
    I wonder how they haven't done this already, like a couple years ago.. New character models would be key to getting new fresh wave of players

Deleted
    I can't wait to see the new tauren, the currect one is beyond ugly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Do you really think that with updated characters, the gear wont update as well? Silly arthas. I for one am tired of seeing that shitty zig zag grappy bone sticking out of the back of my undead

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 05:56 PM ----------

Few things. One from a marketing and sales standpoint, the first thing a new player sees when buying a game is their new character. It turns a lot of people off.

Secondly.. so would you prefer everything to be checkered cubes

thirdly... You had better never ever ever use any mount besides the original wyvern or the original gryphon otherwise you are a hypocrite. It's like having the choice between the old one or the one from Domination point.

Lastly, you are a raider, and how often do people complain that raids look boring? Hmm? By your standard of playing this game, Every raid should look like TOC and.. you know what, cut out any of the talking, or people, or falling underground, just use the arena in stranglethorn vale
    I wasn't going to reply, but I'll bite.

The 'marketing and sales' perspective is overrated. The vast majority of advertising has its effect before people actually log into the game, and Blizzard does not advertise by parading new models, they advertise a seemingly endless experience through seemingly endless content. I will not deny that new models are a factor in player retention, but it only requires us to look back at the numerous MMOs that were, graphically, in another league than WoW and died off quickly because there was no endgame, there were too many bugs, etc etc. If said new player logs in and finds out that he doesn't want to kill 12 Boards and follow it up with 10 Scorpions, then your new models are not going to keep him in the game.

Second, I never said that. Keep your fallacies for yourself.

Third, we were not talking about mounts. Refer to point 2. But I'll bite once more: Mounts are distinctly different from character models, as your mount is highly visible when mounted. Mounts are accessories, much like cars. We like beautiful accessories and we like showing them off. While you are looking at character models throughout most of the game, you're also covering them in armor from, at the very least, the neck down. We also generally play the game, I'm not talking about idling in a city or finding a secluded grove where you can make out with the Blood Elf from 2 blocks away, with our camera zoomed out and our vision on other aspects than our characters, and their models.

Fourth, we were not talking about the look of an environment, like a raiding environment. Refer to 3 and 2. You cannot compare character models to how the world actually look. We are our characters, but we live inside the world. The looks of an environment has a far bigger impact on players because they are instinctively externally oriented from their daily experiences.

Like I, and others, have said: I'll never say no to new models. There is absolutely no downside to having them at all. They are extra flavor and they will change my daily WoW experience up a bit. A bit. In the end, we'll get used to the new models and go back to focusing on the gameplay at hand. If the latter stinks, the former is irrelevant. If the former stinks, the latter can still keep you hooked, as evidenced by the state this game has been in for the past 3-4 years where it has not been able to compete with competitors on graphics.

The only ridiculous argument in all of this is the "I quit a year ago because I hated the game, but if there's going to be new models I'm so coming back! It's the only thing that would make me re-sub, and I'm sure there are millions like me!". If you would only re-sub because they added new models, then I guarantee you'll be gone again in a few weeks/months. You'll adapt to the novelty of the new models and realize it's still the same game that made you quit in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think animations deserve an update too. Especially casting animations are sooo boring. Take human male mage for example :P Female ain't any better.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!