Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have no issues with LFR being able to get it. I am curious to see if they're just going to go with OP stats or if they'll do an interesting proc legendary. I'm hoping trinkets and that seems to be the popular idea so far.

Legendaries, legendaries for everyone !

Just to be totally clear: Raid Finder in Patch 5.4 will be itemized with all the same sorts of stuff you’ve come to expect over the last couple of tiers. There will, however, be a brand spanking new type of reward that is only available to players who choose to step up into Flex, Normal, or Heroic raiding. Hope that clears the air a bit! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    ....for all the special snowflakes

I'm against rewarding players for their time and effort put in. Communism WoW is here to reign, free legendaries for everybody.
    Casual4lyfe™

Infracted; Don't troll.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-06-20 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    We have gotten legendaries, just no legendary gear left.
    At this point, I don't see why not, getting a legendary doesn't have to be difficult, just time consuming. It fits WoW's design philosophy to do so and even if you do run purely normal/heroics, it doesn't affect you in any way if someone who just runs LFR gets a legendary.
    What do you mean it doesn't effect me? A lot of the incentive in raiding is getting insanely good items - A legendary is one HELL of an incentive to raid, if you take away the value from it then nobody gives a shit and there's less of a will to raid in general. Eventually having a legendary is less of a 'holy shit we're gonna fuck shit up' kind of reward, but more a 'yeah, you have to have this to compete because everyone has one'.

It doesn't effect me directly, but this, various difficulty of raids or games and similar things all have a negative impact on my gameplay. It would be at least acceptable if normal raiders got it a fair margin faster than LFR raiders, and if Heroic raiders got it a fair margin faster than normal raiders.

Deleted
    Oh, I hope not! That will really show that Blizzard allow super-retards to get some of the best gear in the game just because they pay their £8.99 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    considering a good chunk of raiders (normal or heroic) also ran LFR for the extra loots of the legendary quest line, there shouldn't be a question about who gets what, everyone will have the ilvl 600ish Legendary at the end, same ilvl, exact same thing.
    Eh? That's never been possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    Eh? That's never been possible.
    I imagine they mean to fill in for the bosses not being killed.

EG, when you're only 6/12 normal, you do the other six bosses on LFR that week. Or when you're extending to work on a particular HM boss all week, you run LFR so you still have a chance to get your legendary drops.

We all did it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I would be fine with LFR players getting Legendary if there was a super hard final solo scenario quest before you got the item, thus keeping Legendarys going to players with Skill, regardless if they had to just spam LFR or do Heroic modes.

If not this, then just keep Legendarys for heroic modes plz =/
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

I'm surprised how strong the LFR resentment is around here. There really is no debating it, Blizzard will make the final Legendary weapon available via the Raid Finder, at a lower ilvl of course. If you feel that lfr players don't deserve it then I have a feeling you'll be very disappointed and nerd-ragey come 5.4.

surely hope not, also make the final piece drop from heroic only last true boss. hope they dont fuck up the final boss of the expansion at least

Quote Originally Posted by turboblake View Post
    I'm surprised how strong the LFR resentment is around here. There really is no debating it, Blizzard will make the final Legendary weapon available via the Raid Finder, at a lower ilvl of course. If you feel that lfr players don't deserve it then I have a feeling you'll be very disappointed and nerd-ragey come 5.4.
    It will be available at exactly the same ilvl as normal and heroic, the best item in the game - From fucking raid finder. And what's more, you can probably get it faster from just LFRing than heroic raiding if you have a tad of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I imagine they mean to fill in for the bosses not being killed.

EG, when you're only 6/12 normal, you do the other six bosses on LFR that week. Or when you're extending to work on a particular HM boss all week, you run LFR so you still have a chance to get your legendary drops.

We all did it.
    Ah, of course. Silly me.

Anyway, yeah, proper legendary items should be a no-no to LFR-only raiders, sorry. Meta gem and cape, fine, but not the end product.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Because how will they feel fulfilled, sitting at the AH on their challenge mode mount in their challenge mode armor with their legendary weapon, if someone from LFR can get it too?
    If you're looking for fulfillment in a video game, you either need therapy or to get out and socialize more.

Deleted
    I hope its not a weapon.
    Make it trinket or something, so noone would really even care.
    You can make seperate legendary weapon questchain for normal/hc raiders with the last content. Just like Firelands or random drop from last boss...

They aren't going to bait and switch LFR players this far into the expansion and not allow them to finish. Anybody who thinks they would is delusional/selfish/loopy/alloftheabove.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite part of this thread is all the "raiders" who are crying about someone else being able to get their toy too, absolutely delicious.

OT: Don't like it? Too bad! It's gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    I would be fine with LFR players getting Legendary if there was a super hard final solo scenario quest before you got the item, thus keeping Legendarys going to players with Skill, regardless if they had to just spam LFR or do Heroic modes.

If not this, then just keep Legendarys for heroic modes plz =/
    Just keep legendaries for for heroic modes? Legendary weapons have never been "heroic-only," they've always been obtainable in normal modes. Personally, I don't care, I very much doubt that if there are in fact legendary weapons, that the LFR raider's weapon will be as powerful as the normal or heroic raider's weapon; my guess is that each one will be substantially more powerful than the weapons that drop in the corresponding difficulty, but not as powerful as the next difficulty up. For example, SoO LFR items will be ilvl 528, the legendary might be ilvl 540; normal ilvl will be ilvl 548; legendary might be ilvl 560. Considerable more powerful than corresponding weapons but not as good as say, a normal epic weapon drop from the difficulty above, with perhaps the exception of LFR Legendary weapon vs Flex Weapons, and even there there'd only be a 4 ilvl difference. But as someone who is 12/12 in ToT on my main and has a few ToT normal kills on alts but mostly does LFR with them, but has taken the time to do the legendary questline on them, I'd be frustrated if all the time I put in on them didn't amount to some kind of reward in the end, even though most of them will be LFR/Flex toons only, with my main only full clearing normals and downing some heroic bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    We have gotten legendaries, just no legendary gear left.
    At this point, I don't see why not, getting a legendary doesn't have to be difficult, just time consuming. It fits WoW's design philosophy to do so and even if you do run purely normal/heroics, it doesn't affect you in any way if someone who just runs LFR gets a legendary.
    What's the point of having colour sets if they don't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    What's the point of having colour sets if they don't mean anything.
    Happened to Epics, it will happen to Legendaries.

Legendaries now just means "quest chain item."

That's all it is now if they add it to LFR. A high ilvl item that's tied to a tedious quest chain.
    Before they were super covetted items that were obtained via raiding and killing tough bosses.
    Now you can slap your dick on your keyboard and get almost anything you want.
    Last edited by DrSteveBrule; 2013-06-20 at 02:23 PM.