Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Predict the next three expansions:

I'd say:

EXP 5: Burning Legion and Argus

Too much suggests this as our next destination, for it not to happen. The hints of a threat from outside of Azeroth; the nod at Turalyon and Alleria being needed for what's next; the 'divide and conquer' tactics employed on the Horde and Alliance factions during Mists of Pandaria.

EXP 6: Queen Azshara and the Ocean

There remains a lot to be said and seen beneath the waves of Azeroth. I think they purposefully left the main 'ocean-y' bit of Azeroth from Cataclysm as it would risk overshadowing the rest of the content. There are many islands yet to make their way into the game, and Azshara has been looming in the shadows for years.

EXP 7: The Other Side of Azeroth

I don't think Blizzard will be ready to return to the Legion theme quite so soon after EXP 5 and 6, so I think they'll want another 'back to our roots' expansion. The other side of Azeroth is rumoured and has been debated for years. Sailors are said to disappear beyond the shores of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, and there could be room for another continent back there. If there even is a 'back there'. I'd imagine this as an expansion all about the essence of WoW: exploration and the discovery of new lands.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2013-06-17 at 10:23 PM.

Uhm.. if you do the very first part of the Wrathion chain, you can see the whole of Azeroth.

http://i.imgur.com/QvOHM.jpg

That bit. Anyway my predictions;

Exp5: Burning Crusade

Exp6: Titan Stuff/Queen Azshara

Exp7: Titan stuff/queen azshara

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont buy that BL is next. I expect Azshara first then the legion, then a Titan focused one.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give you 4, because the first two I mention could very well be merged into one if Blizz wants.

Expansion V: Invasion of Azeroth, Blue Child is added, Broken and Ogre added.

Expansion VI: Kil'jaedan and Argus, Argus is added, Ethereal and Demon Hunter added.

Expansion VII: Azshara and the Great Sea, Great Sea is added, Murloc and Jinyu added.

Expansion VIII: Sylvanas and the New Scourge, Dark Side of Azeroth is added, Forsaken split off as their own third faction.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Really hoping the next expansion is Burning Legion related. It's time for them to come back.

1. The Burning Legion with Kil'jaeden

2. The islands+Nazjatar that are missing with Azhsara

3. Emerald Dream with N'zoth

Then there's more but you said just three :P
    Last edited by Therougetitan; 2013-06-17 at 09:48 PM.

Deleted
    1st Burning Legion
    2nd Azshara
    3rd Titans

if its three then
    1:BL/Argus i mean way to many hints have been dropped in MoP for it not to be.
    2: Queen Azshara and the remaining old gods forces
    3: Deal with sargeas and the titans to break free of both forces forever.

if 4

1:BL/Argus
    2: All about the Naga and Queen Azshara
    3: Old Gods and their prisons
    4: Titans again

Burning Legion/Argus
    Queen Azshara
    Titans

Next expansion almost has to be Legion based given the overarching theme of Mists of Pandaria is stopping the war and unifying to stop the Burning Legion's whose invasion is going to be sooner rather than later.

1. South Seas
    2. Outlands 2/Burning Legion
    3. Emerald dream

4. Australia-themed expansion with kangaroo NPCs

Island/ocean expansion against Azshara
    Space expansion against Burning Legion
    Post-reorigination Azeroth/space expansion against Titans (and Sargeras with Burning Legion remnants)

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Legion with Kil'Jaeden as the main enemy. Explore alien worlds.
    2) Azshara and the seas of Azeoth. Explore a new continent raised by her power as well as existing islands.
    3) Emerald Dream with N'Zoth as the ultimate threat. The Dream consists of never before seen realms that were lost in Azeroth long ago (to shut down that 'hur just green Azz-roth dur' crap).

Those are the three big ones, I feel, that are the most likely. Maybe not in that order, though I'm in the 'probably Legion next' camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get why some people think its NOT burning legion related....OF COURSE IT IS.

The legendary quest line is all about Wrathion's attempt to unite the horde and alliance against a common enemy, which clearly shows infernals hitting Azeroth.

Its burning legion

next expansion after that will be the final one which will be Titan Related

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Fall of the Alliance - The Horde finally drive the ally scum into the ocean 300 style.
    2. Purge of the Blood Elves - Those loyal to the Warchief shall live in utopia.
    3. Return of The Warchief - Garrosh's son/daughter reclaims the mantle of Warchief.

This trilogy will guarantee 12 mil+ subs again.
    Last edited by icausewipes; 2013-06-17 at 10:23 PM.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    1. Fall of the Alliance - The Horde finally drive the ally scum ocean 300 style.
    2. Purge of the Blood Elves - Those loyal to the Warchief shall live in utopia.
    3. Return of The Warchief - Garrosh's son/daughter reclaims the mantle of Warchief.

This trilogy will guarantee 12 mil+ subs again.
    I'd play that.

Zaela is probably having Garrosh bebbies.

I really wanted to see more of this "war" between the Horde and Alliance I was promised for MoP... but Burning Legion it is

1. Them demons come back
    2. We chase them demons to some "homeworld" of some race in their ranks
    3. Titans WTFPWN Azeroth with Re-origination, finally, and Blizzard laughs while making Titan its new pet project.

Deleted
    1) Return of the Career.
    2) Glory of the Marriage.
    3) Doom of the Kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjai View Post
    Uhm.. if you do the very first part of the Wrathion chain, you can see the whole of Azeroth.

http://i.imgur.com/QvOHM.jpg

The maps and globes of Azeroth have changed on many occasions. Naturally, they wouldn't want to spoil future content by placing massive unknown continents on the current maps.

south seas / azshara quest line
    emerald dream / cenarious quest line
    burning legion / KJ

after arthas/kj the story does go a little thin, but if they go back to the roots of wc1/2 theres a lot of stuff that can be turned into xpacs

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'll give you 4, because the first two I mention could very well be merged into one if Blizz wants.

Expansion V: Invasion of Azeroth, Blue Child is added, Broken and Ogre added.

Expansion VI: Kil'jaedan and Argus, Argus is added, Ethereal and Demon Hunter added.

Expansion VII: Azshara and the Great Sea, Great Sea is added, Murloc and Jinyu added.

Expansion VIII: Sylvanas and the New Scourge, Dark Side of Azeroth is added, Forsaken split off as their own third faction.
    If Blizz wants, they could merge them all into 1 expansion, look how tight the story in the frozen throne is. Of course there is a bit less level of detail in a rts game than mmo game.

good one on the Sylvanas story, she is the true heir of the scourge. She and Bolvarlichking must deal it out sometime.

Also might add in that burning legion add on Kil'Jaden don't really need to be the main boss. Obviously it makes a lot of sense, but he is not the true leader of the burning legion, we should fight Sargeras. He should simply return. The Thunderking returned too, why shouldn't Sargeras? And fighting him doesn't mean we will win or deal much dmg to him. But it can be a great raid fight and there can be loot for the winner.

Problem with Kil'jaden beeing a main antoganist is, he was the main boss in burning crusade allready. They wanted illidan but fact is, KJ made it. If we have to fight him again without twists as endboss that might the apocalypse of all minor setbacks.