Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post

By canon is impossible to actually make an old god dead dead dead unless you want to also make the planet go boom. That's the reason they got imprisoned.
    And yet despite what we all think we know about the old gods... the devs themselves tell us 'he's dead, get over it'
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Wow..

people are finally coming to the realization..

that Garrosh.. is a bad guy.

Well, better late then never.
    These guys seem to make an insane amout of effort to understand the difference between "evil" and "bad". Garrosh is a "real life villain", basically. In our reality how many individuals there are that can be defined "evil"? It's hard to even find someone sincerily evil in the whole human kind, save some extraordinary exceptions.

But how many "bad" guys we have around the world? A LOT. Guys that for an infinite amount of reasons have the potential of doing bad, extreme and even horrible things, even just because they have a misplaced belief and follow their "bad" nature. Garrosh is nothing but the carbon-copy of the stereotypical European dictator, guys that started with decent intentions sometimes, but because of their extreme views, had to resolve with dictatorship, tyranny, dispatching of political opposers in a silent way, and secrecy police for keep the "masses" in check with their "dangerous" opinions, all this shit made for keep their people united and persevere the "common goal".

Perhaps this is whats reflected in this current situation, that at his core, Garrosh is so weak and malleable at his center, its easy for old god corruption to take control of him, having him think he's in control of it.
    I think that Golden's supposition was right, still not regarding Garrosh's willpower, but simply his weak personality, which was the reason Garrosh ever had a desperate desire of validation, validation that he finally had with his new advisors in Tides of War, Malkorok over the top.

I think, on the other hand, that Garrosh have a strong will, but not because he's a strong person, but because uses desperatily his newfound pride (after TBC) for sustain himself, after years of shame in his back, at the point that became a blind obsession, so extreme that now he have an unbending will and no doubts at all about the "right" thing to do, reason for which, for me, Garrosh wasn't suitable as standard victim of Old God's whispers. These are my two cents, anyway.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-18 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I really hate it when people state fan theories as canon.
    there's no reason to hate, I did not know it was a fan made theory. O_o
    I double checked wowpedia and indeed that part has no source.
    you can just point it out without the hate, it will be better for your hearth

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 02:00 AM ----------

And yet despite what we all think we know about the old gods... the devs themselves tell us 'he's dead, get over it'
    yeah yeah, I got it (also Trassk read my previous post <3 Edit: not the one about Cho'gal)

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I didn't realise being covered in blue goo makes you mind controlled.

P.S. Y'Shaarj is dead. Dead dead dead dead dead.
    "They do not die, they do not live. They are outside the cycle" -- Herald Volazj

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    there's no reason to hate, I did not know it was a fan made theory. O_o
    I double checked wowpedia and indeed that part has no source.
    you can just point it out without the hate, it will be better for your hearth
    Not necessarily angry at you, it just is annoying when rumours get spread around so much people start to believe they are fact. Hasn't been the first time I have seen someone say that theory like it was a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    How does a meat-head warrior with no magical ability "control" the Sha/Y'shaarj/etc like that?

Does he headbutt it into submission?
    maybe u should ask Kosak on twitter. All we know is he does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    maybe u should ask Kosak on twitter. All we know is he does.
    Maybe this has something to do with garrosh having ex-twilight hammer shamans in his horde and them telling him how to obtain its power.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    "They do not die, they do not live. They are outside the cycle" -- Herald Volazj

Old God Propaganda.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    All this, and what the devs say about it, I could fully believe.. if it wasn't for the fact Y'shaarj spoke out to us telling us he was merely resting. Why would the add in the game a message that this supposed dead old god is really just in a slumber, when another dev outright tells up 'nope, he's dead'. It doesn't make sense. What, did Garrosh finish him off and take his power? Did we when he killed the possessed goblin?
    No, it's pretty much like, as the name said, there is an "Echo of Y'shaarj" in the heart, so the will of the Old God is not completely absent, still is nothing more than a shadow of itself. If you read the Dungeon Journal, in the second phase of the fight seem like Y'shaarj is "protecting" Garrosh. Still, the fact that Kosak confirmed that Garrosh is using the Heart as a hammer, confirm that the "will" of the Old God is nothing more than a shadow, an echo of what remained of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    it just is annoying when rumours get spread around so much people start to believe they are fact. Hasn't been the first time I have seen someone say that theory like it was a fact.
    The last time I heard something false being held as gospel truth was the faked "leaked WoW expansions list". Hell, people STILL are thinking its real even though the guy who made it came out and said it was false.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this has something to do with garrosh having ex-twilight hammer shamans in his horde and them telling him how to obtain its power.
    I bet that the whole "ex-twilight hammer's members working under Orgrimmar" was all a bullshit excuse for justify the "cover-up". For what i got, they were all Kor'kron, the same branch we "unfortunately" discovered in the Secrets of Ragefire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I bet that the whole "ex-twilight hammer's members working under Orgrimmar" was all a bullshit excuse for justify the "cover-up". For what i got, they were all Kor'kron, the same branch we "unfortunately" discovered in the Secrets of Ragefire.
    that actually sounds true, when you considered the dialog given to you upon completeing the quest there, it rang of withholding truth. Using the twilight hammer as an excuse to get away with experiments, sounds about right.

god.. when did the kor'kohn sink so low, they use to be awesome back in tbc and wrath..
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    that actually sounds true, when you considered the dialog given to you upon completeing the quest there, it rang of withholding truth. Using the twilight hammer as an excuse to get away with experiments, sounds about right.

god.. when did the kor'kohn sink so low, they use to be awesome back in tbc and wrath..
    Yeah the line said by the dear "Invoker" Xorenth "This will make it very clear how Garrosh is going to deal with failures" stroke horribly in my head by the times of the 5.0, and then we discovered in the 5.3 that he was a Dark Shaman. Nice crap.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I want you to look at that eyeball-corruption ridden model that was on the front page and tell me Garrosh will be in full control of himself at that point.
    For some reason I drew the parallel between the grossness of Garrosh and a tumor. Who's to say that that just isn't a backlash of using the power? Blacksmiths (IRL) use hazardous toxic chemicals and usually develop pancreatic cancer.

There's no reason to assume that the growths have sentience at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    For some reason I drew the parallel between the grossness of Garrosh and a tumor. Who's to say that that just isn't a backlash of using the power? Blacksmiths (IRL) use hazardous toxic chemicals and usually develop pancreatic cancer.

you mean apart from the fact that its LOOKING at you?
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

The fuck? You do realize that shit is like fucking staring at us right not to mention It's from the essence of a dead old god lol If the Sha came from the god itself and they are sentient beings themselves what makes you think that eyeball isn't as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    so nobody else has been able to resist the old golds when they come calling not even mighty dragon aspects but now somehow some dumb regular orc can resist the old gods coruption and actualy use it like a tool lmao that is so a retcon.
    He don't need to resist anything. The old god said "start a massacre", and Garrosh is like "ok, i'll kill everyone except orcs, good shit that we deserve it as the #1 race in the WoW"
    Think about it like about Eddie Brock and Symbiote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is so Majin Vegeta right now. If they're gonna follow Vegeta's path then he's gonna blow himself up to save the others from the ultimate bad guy.

Garrosh haters gonna hate. He is still awesome! Loving it

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    He don't need to resist anything. The old god said "start a massacre", and Garrosh is like "ok, i'll kill everyone except orcs, good shit that we deserve it as the #1 race in the WoW"
    Think about it like about Eddie Brock and Symbiote.
    Exactly. And Old Gods still keep their followers around when they rule.

But really, I can't think of a suggestion Y'shaarj could make that Garrosh wouldn't already agree with. He's already intent on gathering worshipers, world conquest and more. And Garrosh is already paranoid and willing to kill his allies before they can turn out to be a threat to him.

So basically what can you whisper in his ear that would really change him?

"Kill them all before they can kill you."? Garrosh has already been working on that policy.

"The world is rightfully yours and only those who will follow you deserve any place on it."? Garrosh already thinks that.

So really, how could you even corrupt Garrosh? He's already at the same moral level as the Old Gods.