Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just need some help on my Undergeared pally. Wanted to see how i was doing for my gear lvl. This is my first log for this teir. Just raiding with my friends, and progression isnt good. So wanted to see how my playstyle was. and if i am doin as much as i possibly can at this gear lvl.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nippa/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2365&e=2570
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I know currently i am really under geared. Just havent had any luck with loot ( i hate u coins !!) and RL kept me from the game long enough for me to fall behind. Just want to see if my rotation, and playstyle is still good though. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moridinn View Post
    Just need some help on my Undergeared pally. Wanted to see how i was doing for my gear lvl. This is my first log for this teir. Just raiding with my friends, and progression isnt good. So wanted to see how my playstyle was. and if i am doin as much as i possibly can at this gear lvl.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nippa/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs:
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2365&e=2570
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I know currently i am really under geared. Just havent had any luck with loot ( i hate u coins !!) and RL kept me from the game long enough for me to fall behind. Just want to see if my rotation, and playstyle is still good though. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Pursuit of Justice does not stack with boots enchant (Pandaren's Step). Get haste/accuracy enchant.
    Upgrade your 522 items, since you're not into heroics yet.
    Get the Shado-Pan Assault trinket and upgrade it (it's better than Relic of Xuen).
    Upgrade weapon until another one drops.
    Why do you use a green gem instead of a yellow gem in the yellow helm socket ?

Next: your trinkets drag you both down considerably, through low haste and overall dps.
    Get Glyph of Mass Exo and replace Glyph of Divine Storm (wtf?!).
    Make some macros to help you overlap your casts of GoAK and AW/Synapse Springs. Also, cast Execution Sentence when your GoAK has 20 stacks of Ancient Power.
    And please, if you use Divine Shield to clear some debuffs, don't spend 8 sec. dpsing with 50% penalty. Use a macro for it as well, like:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cancelaura Divine Shield
    /cast Divine Shield

gem, enchant changed.

Will work on the upgrades and trinket.

I was under the impression that springs should go with ES ( how i use it atm) and Wings after 10stacks of GoAK. Is this incorrect ? OR did i misunderstand.

Goak-10 stacks- Wings + ES. ?

Deleted
    gem, enchant changed.

Will work on the upgrades and trinket.

I was under the impression that springs should go with ES ( how i use it atm) and Wings after 10stacks of GoAK. Is this incorrect ? OR did i misunderstand.

Goak-10 stacks- Wings + ES. ?
    Kinda. You're just behind patches in CD duration and how long AW lasts. AW now (in 5.2) has a 2 min cooldown and 30sec duration (with talent Sanctified Wrath), like GoAK, so there's no need to delay AW. You can check ourself either the tooltip (duh!) or your own log.
    Regarding Synapse Springs, I believe it has 1min CD with 10sec duration. Guess when you can use it ?

Perfect. Last thing, 2PC LFR T15, still better then T14 legs (for 2pc T14) and 522 Gloves correct from what i read in this thread. The 2PC gives us a decent boost.

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    with a 543 weap and 9k mastery (buffed) and the double dip of the buff to SoL, I don't think this holds anymore. Easy to test anyway. Sadly I'm stuck with a 530 crit/haste and plus, I'm lazy since I have 4p CS is already better ^^
    ok, tested j vs. cs in a 20 min fight.
    CS is about 12k better than Judgment.

Deleted
    Perfect. Last thing, 2PC LFR T15, still better then T14 legs (for 2pc T14) and 522 Gloves correct from what i read in this thread. The 2PC gives us a decent boost.
    So does 2pT14. I don't see your other T15 apart from the above mentioned legs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    So does 2pT14. I don't see your other T15 apart from the above mentioned legs.
    LFR gloves. So id be taking a hit stats wise from my current 522 gloves

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Caesura/simple

I work odd hours meaning I don't have the time to raid properly, which is why LFR is a godsend to me.

Have you guys got any idea what I should be improving on? Am I right sitting as close as possible to the 7.5% area with Hit and Expertise? I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing with my stats but I've heard Haste and Mastery are Ret's best friends. I know I need to get some more enchants (especially a Weapon enchant. What one's best?), that'll come when I work out what's best.
    I'm looking to get Lightening Emperor's Gloves if the god of rolls see it fit, the four set bonus sounds pretty tasty.

Couple of Talent questions if I may: What level 90 talent should I be taking for Ret? I assume Execution Sentence, but to be honest it seems pretty meh. Do I want Holy Avenger over Divine Purpose?

Also, what should the average DPS be for a guy of my gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Zurei View Post
    Snip
    Sanctified Wrath > HA/DP

Execution Sentence = ST
    Light's Hammer = AoE but only use if it damages mobs for full duration; I'd still go with ES.

Weapon Enchant: Dancing Steel but if you can't afford it Windsong

Hit/Exp close to but above 7.5% and you're good.

Haste >>>>>> Mastery

Enchant the rest of your stuff and I personally would drop some of your STR/Haste gems for pure haste gems where the socket bonus is less than desirable (crit or anything <120) for example in your shoulders and belt.

I don't play Ret but that's my take on it.
    Last edited by Daniie; 2013-06-13 at 08:45 AM.

Hello everyone!

I am in dire need of help because I feel I may be missing something... Plus an outside influence or perspective is always amazzzzinnnggg!

I recently switched from Prot pally to Ret DPS when my guild fell apart. I joined a new guild with some of my server friends- but as Ret so I would not have to server Xfer and lose my friends on the current server. This transition occurred about 1 month ago and since then I have worked on forgetting my Prot Pally mentality and focus 110% on Ret DPS- Mainly just owning DMG meters. My average Dps overall I would say is around 150k dps, and fluctuates up or down depending on the fight. I have literally spent 4 hours a day MINIMUM over the past 2 weeks going over logs extensively to analysis my numbers.

I still feel that my damage is coming up short vs where the guild currently needs it for Heroic Lei Shen progression.

Your Armory: (Will not allow me to post link until I "post a few times..." Jaeyden on Alexstraza- lev 90 Pally. My spec is optimalized so are glyphs.

World of Logs or any other parses you have from the fights: Same issue... Will not allow the post of URL Links.... World of Logs.com then US server-> Alexstraza... Guild Contingency-> Recent 25m heroic ToT. Player: Jaeyden. Focusing on most recent boss kill Heroic Iron Qon 6/13/2013.
    /
    Fights you're struggling to perform on: I do not struggle on 1 fight in particular, I just feel that I should be doing more damage to compete with my guild mates.

Any information on why you think you might be having a problem. Highlight your rotation, CD usage, and any other information you think will help it. The more details and the more specific you are, the better! : I open up a fight with "Speed of Light" + Prepot "Potion of Mogu Strength" -> Exorcism (if not in melee range when boss is engaged) -> CS -> Judge *this puts me at 3 HP so I pop Inq ASAP*. I have a WEAK AURA for my trinket proc Surge of Strength and when it procs I pop Guardian+ Avenging Wrath+ Execution Sentence -> During DPS burst CDs I use HoW -> Filler -> HoW -> Filler -> HoW *optimal point I am 5 HP* -> TV-> HoW-> Filler -> TV,etc... At this point after burst phase my priority remains HP generation abilities to 5 HP, refreshing Inq with less than 2 sec on buff, but before 1 sec so it does not expire -> Main priority: inq tv5 how exo cs j tv3. To stick to this priority I have CLCret and CLCinfo for assistance, as a reminder if I get panic'd due to fight mechanics or have a brain fart.

I/ do not feel I have an issue with my rotation as I have tried so many different rotations and the one I listed above always comes out on top... But that leads to the next problem -----> Why am I not doing MORE dps? I am having a very hard time finding a baseline to see if I am on par, or if I am extremely off. My guild has amazing DPS which almost always do 200k+. I feel my positioning is good, not EXCELLENT but good considering the melee range box and adjusting to melee DPS vs my old tank spec.

Deleted
    Paste link, remove "http://" from the beginning. Done.

Armory is us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/Jaeyden/simple

World of Logs is found at worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tjhb31u43conyqm6/details/3/?s=4555&e=5097

Go figure why MMO-Champion even has that rule if it is so easy to get around...

Are you waiting till 20 stacks of Ancient Power before popping Execution Sentence?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeyden View Post
    Armory is us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/Jaeyden/simple

World of Logs is found at worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tjhb31u43conyqm6/details/3/?s=4555&e=5097

Go figure why MMO-Champion even has that rule if it is so easy to get around...
    Replace hit+haste blue gems with haste+stamina ones, you're 2%+ over hitcap.
    Helm: reforge hit->haste
    Band of ShadoPan Assault: reforge crit->exp
    Replace belt with dps one, ofc, when possible.
    Delay usage of ES for high str/haste procs/on uses/stacks of Feather/Spark/GoAK.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    Replace hit+haste blue gems with haste+stamina ones, you're 2%+ over hitcap.
    Helm: reforge hit->haste
    Band of ShadoPan Assault: reforge crit->exp
    Replace belt with dps one, ofc, when possible.
    Delay usage of ES for high str/haste procs/on uses/stacks of Feather/Spark/GoAK.
    I use re-forge lite. The reforge priority is Hit / Exp 7.5% then all else to Haste. I will look into reforging these 2 slots, but need to maintain 7.5% hit /exp obviously.

Sadly, out of 11 coins for Jin Rohk I have never been able to get the DPS belt

I will try to delay ES a tad longer, but the dmg overall seems insignificant vs other abilities, BUT any little thing helps.

Do anyone know if my damage is on par with where I truly should be? What confuses me is Ask Mr.Robot shows 190k. I have tried EVERYTHING possible on a dummy to come close to this and I cannot top 150k sustained dmg. 190-220 is my burst dmg with stuff popped. Is there any way to compare my stats / items / current progress with a ret pally who has the same items, etc to compare damage?

Deleted
    @Jaeyden

Two things really hurt your DPS : you don't have a feather of Ji'kun and you don't have 4p.

You lost a AW usage, but most importantly, IF you delay AW, make so it aligns with STR procs it *could/should* even out the loss of ONE AW usage (it was for me if I had 2+ AWs aligned with both jikun and spark procs, with your trinkets, I wouldn't be so sure, so I'd rather not delay your AWs at all)

You used your 2nd GoAK alone. always use it aligned with AW for 6:30+ fights (on the 6min mark that is ) along with 2nd potion !
    Even if BL was cast during a AW usage, saving your pot for your next AW+guardian is a dps gain.

Even with those problems, having a 549 weapon, you should do waay more damage on Twins for instance in 8min20 you had:
    CS: 74 hp
    HoW : 53 hp
    J : 52 hp
    Exo : 49 hp
    HotR : 2 hp

For my Iron qon kill of 8min00 (closest time I got to match you) :
    CS: 82 hp
    HoW : 63 hp <<----- THIS is the most surprising since you run SW too. Never delay HoW !
    J : 59 hp
    Exo : 51 hp
    HotR : 3 hp

Globally, with a 20sec shorter fights, I outrun you on HP generators despite same amount of "untouchable boss" phases (nucleus, windstorm, dead zone, treads of spear preventing from going to next boss etc..)

So, press your buttons more, in the right order. Your priority seems off if we look at these HP generators numbers.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ycraft/page152

Revvo posted his weakauras configs on this page. I don't use weakauras, but I blindly trust Revvo to have made an excellent job on it since he his among the best Ret we have

GL improving your performances Jaeyden!

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ycraft/page152

Revvo posted his weakauras configs on this page. I don't use weakauras, but I blindly trust Revvo to have made an excellent job on it since he his among the best Ret we have

GL improving your performances Jaeyden!
    You've inspired me to start a thread for my weakauras :P.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...onal-Weakauras!

Deleted
    ok ten here we go, i feel i am doing ok atm, but i also think i am missing a few k dps on the single target fights where i get to tunnel the boss, and as that is a strongpoint that troubles me

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alonica/simple
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: yeah just ret is all i wanna know about
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1282&e=1682 Ji-kun, no nutrient buffs, just pure single target, and twins, tbh was just single target, no double jep when the other was up http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9161&e=9703
    Questions, concerns, expectations: as said just looking for some single target tips, thinking i suck at lining up ES with feather procs and looking at that as an issue
    Description of Playstyle: usual ret stuff, i like to try and game on cs procs under cds

as i sid at the start kinda doing well just looking for a bit of help to push the next few k out of myself as i feel there should be more

Logged out in Prot gear bud; can't tell from your gear if you're doing that part correctly.