Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It looks like MoP will have 2 memorable raids as ToT and SoO. This looks amazing especially Garrosh's throne room.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    massive fucking cop out.
    we have this huge outdoor city. possibility for an open air raid with air combat(gunships lol, mount to mount combat), naval combat (attacking, boarding and commandeering ships), did i mention the outdoor city.
    orgrimmar proper is large enough to house a raid itself. but instead we just hur da hurr up the front gate, notice that garrosh's room is completely empty, see onveniently blocked alleys and areas, just to enter the cleft of shadow, go into ragefire chasm all MC style and then jump down a huge pit. when i saw the underground section i was thinking, alright heres some boss fight like the dragonmaw drake riders or some shit. big pit, fly in and out of it, makes sense i guess. but nope. its the raid. the 'siege of orgrimmar' is really just lets walk through the gate because nobodies home lol, they all underground. why not just seal the one entry way, the giant pit, with some fucking lava or something and then be done with it? so garrosh somehow has the time, resources and manpower to dig this huge underground city beneath orgrimmar with unnecessary massive hallways, and has the brilliant idea to have one way in and out? one, single, pit.

complete total waste of the city of orgrimmar as an actual raid site. to top it off, nearly a third of the raid doesnt even take place in orgrimmar, its in the fucking vale? why not just release two raids. one for pandaria and one for orgrimmar. one on pandaria where you fight the klaaxi, the sha and yshaarj's bullshit. then go to orgrimmar in the other and deal with garrosh.and the music, it sounded like deathwing's theme with more drums and less chanting. siege is going to be a dragon soul 2.0. im not impressed by this at all. id much rather just attack orgrimmar directly, use some military strategy for once, because you know warcraft was a real time strategy game.
    So you wouldn't say just to use orgrimmar as it is would be even worse then DS?

Why there are flags of the Dragonmaw Clan over Garrosh's throne?

Quote Originally Posted by Matius View Post
    Why there are flags of the Dragonmaw Clan over Garrosh's throne?
    Placeholders, probably.
    Or Zeala is having Sharrosh Jr.

Is that new music?

Deleted
    It's the horde theme from path 5.2

Deleted
    because you know warcraft was a real time strategy game.
    So?

Anyway the problem with this particular raid is that it also functions as a capital for horde players. You cant just turn it inside out, city block after another on fire, death and mayhem everywhere, and then when the raid is over go back to idling in orgrimmar like nothing happened not a scratch on the city. Now the action happens in underground fortress. No matter how much we decimate that place Orgrimmar as whole doesnt suffer of it.

Some potential was perhaps lost tho. Like the wast sea right next to Org. Could have been a perfect setup of somesort of sea battle. Maybe some kraken summoned by big G.

Summa summarum it looks like a very good if not excellent raid.

Outside and inside Orgrimmar is just like it is now basically.
    Under Orgrimmar is just a hole in the ground with nothing new or interesting about it.
    The underground water part where I assume Immersus (or whatever the name is) is going to be looks FANTASTIC! Why the hell are we going to Orgrimmar when we could have the raid in enviroments such as this?
    The Vale is meh, same as it is now.
    The Titan area after the outside part of the Vale is mildly interesting, but not exactly a big deal.

Before I saw this I had no interest in doing SoO, but seeing the Immersus room I think I might join some LFRs just to experience that room.

Looks linear as hell. I thought having Orgrimmar as raid would allow some non-linearity but quite apparently not.

I am not impressed. Bunch of coridors. Give bigger, more exciting rooms, also very linear indeed.
    Last edited by Tofifi; 2013-06-18 at 10:35 AM.

Can't wait to hear the music.

Deleted
    I dislike the fact that we go underground, but I totally saw it coming.
    I admit that Orgrimmar is not designed to be a raid citywise (Garrosh's room is near the entrance..) and that going from one valley to another will make the raid too confusing.

But it's kinda weak they barricaded almost the entire city and made the instance itself some Anne Frank bookshelf bunker. It looks too basic, since more than half the bossfights take place in the area of similar design.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstrong View Post
    So?

Anyway the problem with this particular raid is that it also functions as a capital for horde players. You cant just turn it inside out, city block after another on fire, death and mayhem everywhere, and then when the raid is over go back to idling in orgrimmar like nothing happened not a scratch on the city. Now the action happens in underground fortress. No matter how much we decimate that place Orgrimmar as whole doesnt suffer of it.

Some potential was perhaps lost tho. Like the wast sea right next to Org. Could have been a perfect setup of somesort of sea battle. Maybe some kraken summoned by big G.
    my point being is that the raid is called siege of orgrimmar. not siege of garrosh's secret underground lair. besides, do you really think that after garrosh is deposed, the remaining horde leaders will appreciate garrosh's architecture that reminds them of just how different he was than them? if anything, attacking the city and blowing it to shit would be a great remodel for the city, remove all traces of garrosh ever exsisting from the horde. i like garrosh's style of architecture, but if voljin and baine are so bent on destroying garrosh and his new reich of korkron you would think they would want to break the shit out of his city.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    So you wouldn't say just to use orgrimmar as it is would be even worse then DS?
    if im understanding what youre asking me correctly...
    what i mean by dragon soul is it will have recycled models, nobodies as bosses, a boring soundtrack, typical looking weapons, travel around the world halfway through the instance, be the final raid in the game for about a year, and have a final boss fight where we just fight adds with the boss. garrosh hellscream should be able to take on 10 or 25 people easily, not rely on grunts to help him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh room is pretty impressive. The rest is kinda Generic-Horde-whatever.

Good to see that most of the raid doesn't take place in the actual Orgrimmar city, but beneath it.

Deleted
    So you enter the raid from beneath MSP... only to get outdoor again from the statues... to crawl into that mine and then, random titan rooms.
    The obvious part the video is missing is HURR DURR MAGIC TELEPORT to north-east durotar.

Why couldn't it be something BETTER like a real-time trip by boat from Kunlai or Jade forest, bringing you to Durotar? With someone like Chen/Wrathion talking about Lore or something?

Deleted
    my point being is that the raid is called siege of orgrimmar. not siege of garrosh's secret underground lair. besides, do you really think that after garrosh is deposed, the remaining horde leaders will appreciate garrosh's architecture that reminds them of just how different he was than them? if anything, attacking the city and blowing it to shit would be a great remodel for the city, remove all traces of garrosh ever exsisting from the horde. i like garrosh's style of architecture, but if voljin and baine are so bent on destroying garrosh and his new reich of korkron you would think they would want to break the shit out of his city.
    Cities by default are places where people live. Baine, Vol'jin, and the other good guys arent probably making the best argument for their cause if they blow people's (orc's) homes to shit.
    Kill the leader and then redecorate the city if they have to. Hopefully not much since i like Orgrimmars look. Very orchish.

Deleted
    a boring soundtrack
    Not the soundtrack. It was epic, nothing wrong with it

I like the vale part.
    I don't like the Orgrimmar part.. I hoped more would happen in the actual city, not in the underground secret military base that just suddenly appeared there o-O Well ok, ok, Garrosh's been digging beneath Orgrimmar for quite some time.. But damn, that place is just ridiculously huge :? Impressive design but Siege of Orgrimmar suddenly became Dungeon Crawling under Orgrimmar..
    I'd far more like the idea of us coming from the back through the Valley of Honor then to The Drag, through Valley of Wisdom, detour through Valley of Spirits up to Valley of Strenght and in the end Garrosh's Room.. And maybe there we'd just drop into some smaller piece of underground facility for a final fight with Garrosh himself..

I love the Vale part though.. Not sure how they will connect those two, I think it should be separate raid instance.. We'll see. But I love the architecture, I love the way they revamped the area, I love the feeling..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

the only room where i could definitely pinpoint a boss was the room with the pipes and conveyor belts, looks fairly amazing.

Edit: of course the throne room is a dead give away that it is where garrosh will be fought
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2013-06-18 at 10:56 AM.

The room with the machinery and the conveyor belts looks very cool. Is that Blackfuse's room?

The outdoor part of Orgrimmar, from the coast to Ragefire is a bit odd. The models and textures under the city are so much better that it looks like they mixed two different games. They should have updated the terrain and the buildings a bit IMO.