Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Oh, and I suppose I have more complaints about my alt Warlock's guild.

1. Can't figure out which format they want to do. When I joined, they were running 25-mans and doing somewhat decently, but not amazing. They were regularly switching to 10-man to kill fights that they 25-man was failing on, like Durumu.The 25-man still hasn't killed Lei Shen. They've since had to switch from 25-man to two 10-mans, which had to be further combined into one 10-man because something like 6 people failed to show on the second raid night of the week. The reason for that is detailed in my #3 complaint.

2. They also have attendance issues that require pugging. This is partially a result of #1.

3. Leadership makes bad decisions. Allow me to list a few: They decided to take a week off from the 25-man raid to work on heroic progression on 10-man. They wiped to Jin'rohk for a while and then started working on Horridon. They didn't kill Horridon. The 25-man scheduled for the next week failed because not enough people showed up (directly related to them taking a week off for heroic 10-man progression), so they worked on heroic Horridon some more. They've devoted 3 or 4 weeks of heroic work almost strictly to Horridon and, aside from a 3% wipe somewhere in the middle, they have barely even survived into the final phase for longer than a few moments. In other words, they've been making backwards progress. I've pointed out numerous times, both to leadership and to my friends in the guild, that Horridon is a bad choice for a second heroic, but they keep working at it and getting nowhere. They could've slaughtered heroic Ji-Kun by now, getting some great gear for further progression, but, as I said before, leadership makes bad decisions.

Oh yeah, and the 25-man did get back together (for one week) and spent an hour or so wiping on heroic Ji-Kun (the guild doesn't have 25 heroic quality players... they really have no business doing any 25-man heroics besides Jin'rohk), making surprisingly decent progress considering how terrible our comp was, and then had to extend the raid an extra two hours just to get to Lei Shen and put 3 or 4 attempts in. That was our last 25-man raid and the reason should've been obvious to leadership before they made the mistake of keeping everyone up until 2am.

edit: To anyone in this guild reading this, note that I fully understand that if I don't like the situation, I don't have to raid with you. I'm not the one leading the guild/raids and so I can take it or leave it. I get that. I'm simply calling things as I see them. If any of you happen to read this, please consider it constructive criticism :P
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-06-18 at 04:13 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    But it is that simple. One of the biggest detractors to the raiding community is players that stay in guilds past their usefulness. You don't think that the top players give a hoot about their current Alma matter past the day they can move to a guild that is doing it faster do you? Yet there are piddly little guilds that barely ever scrape by preliminary content that will have one or two very good players that choose not to move do to misplaced loyalty when rarely their "friends" care about anything other than filling that raid spot and continuing to keep it afloat.
    I have kinda specific limitations into which I won't go further but let's just say most guilds don't fit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I have kinda specific limitations into which I won't go further but let's just say most guilds don't fit for me.
    I obviously don't know your limitations but I am willing to bet more than just 1 guild in the community can cater to such limitations.

Currently 25 man is the way to go if you are having trouble downing the content. It is easier to complete with a couple of incompetant players in the mix. It is a lot more forgiving. However if your problem is already attendance it really sounds like a no brainer that you should stay tens.
    Are you talking from a heroic or a normal perspective? I'm aware that 25-man normals are easier than 10-man normals (my warlock progressed through mainly 25-man normals), but I haven't seen much indication that it's the same for heroic. In fact, fights like Jin'rohk and Ji-Kun appear to be more difficult due to space and logistics issues (a lot more people with Ionization, for instance, and less room to spread out on Ji-Kun's slime-covered platform). Granted, having a wider variety of players and abilities (and more raid cooldowns!) might make some of the fights easier, but I still haven't gotten that impression for 25-man heroics vs. 10-man.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-06-18 at 04:19 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Are you talking from a heroic or a normal perspective? I'm aware that 25-man normals are easier than 10-man normals (my warlock progressed through mainly 25-man normals), but I haven't seen much indication that it's the same for heroic. In fact, fights like Jin'rohk and Ji-Kun appear to be more difficult due to space and logistics issues on such fights. Granted, having a wider variety of players and abilities (and more raid cooldowns!) might make some of the fights easier, I still haven't gotten that impression for 25-man heroics vs. 10-man.
    As you stated, the only difficulties that 25 offer over 10 are in logistics. Multiple battle rez, healing and dps numbers averaged between more players. Losing one critical player is not a wipe in 25 man.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    I obviously don't know your limitations but I am willing to bet more than just 1 guild in the community can cater to such limitations.
    Have to agree with this statement. We for one are more than happy to have players who can only be available for one or two of our raid nights, or who have rotating work schedules that only make them available some weeks or months. It makes filling the bench even easier.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had that issue in my current guild, but after I put a few on /ignore, or played the afk game they got the message. You don't have to like the people (dislike 6/10 ppl in my 10) to kill raid bosses.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    I had that issue in my current guild, but after I put a few on /ignore, or played the afk game they got the message. You don't have to like the people (dislike 6/10 ppl in my 10) to kill raid bosses.
    LOL!! i guess I am old fashioned...I only keep people around that get along with eachother and don't feel the need to put guildees on ignore. Typically players who need to be put on ignore dont last in my guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Oh, and I suppose I have more complaints about my alt Warlock's guild.

1. Can't figure out which format they want to do. When I joined, they were running 25-mans and doing somewhat decently, but not amazing. They were regularly switching to 10-man to kill fights that they 25-man was failing on, like Durumu.The 25-man still hasn't killed Lei Shen. They've since had to switch from 25-man to two 10-mans, which had to be further combined into one 10-man because something like 6 people failed to show on the second raid night of the week. The reason for that is detailed in my #3 complaint.

2. They also have attendance issues that require pugging. This is partially a result of #1.

3. Leadership makes bad decisions. Allow me to list a few: They decided to take a week off from the 25-man raid to work on heroic progression on 10-man. They wiped to Jin'rohk for a while and then started working on Horridon. They didn't kill Horridon. The 25-man scheduled for the next week failed because not enough people showed up (directly related to them taking a week off for heroic 10-man progression), so they worked on heroic Horridon some more. They've devoted 3 or 4 weeks of heroic work almost strictly to Horridon and, aside from a 3% wipe somewhere in the middle, they have barely even survived into the final phase for longer than a few moments. In other words, they've been making backwards progress. I've pointed out numerous times, both to leadership and to my friends in the guild, that Horridon is a bad choice for a second heroic, but they keep working at it and getting nowhere. They could've slaughtered heroic Ji-Kun by now, getting some great gear for further progression, but, as I said before, leadership makes bad decisions.

Oh yeah, and the 25-man did get back together (for one week) and spent an hour or so wiping on heroic Ji-Kun (the guild doesn't have 25 heroic quality players... they really have no business doing any 25-man heroics besides Jin'rohk), making surprisingly decent progress considering how terrible our comp was, and then had to extend the raid an extra two hours just to get to Lei Shen and put 3 or 4 attempts in. That was our last 25-man raid and the reason should've been obvious to leadership before they made the mistake of keeping everyone up until 2am.

edit: To anyone in this guild reading this, note that I fully understand that if I don't like the situation, I don't have to raid with you. I'm not the one leading the guild/raids and so I can take it or leave it. I get that. I'm simply calling things as I see them. If any of you happen to read this, please consider it constructive criticism :P
    Lol. sounds like the guild on our old server Dies Irae, that we affectionately call Dies in Raids.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Totally agree that you do not need to like people in order to use them to fulfill their role in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I'm fucking bored to hell doing normal tot bosses over and over again with the same tactics we used to kill them for the first time, every time I ask about the achievements they get shrugged off, every time we come across boss we've killed on heroic a couple times we kill it on normal because we have some new guy with only 520 ilvl.
    520 is easily enough to bring down heroic bosses.

I confess I hate that my guild makes fun of me for being french canadian... and I foresee future posts about how you want to be funny by making fun of it. Bleh. I'm the only one in my guild, but overall I like the people and raids. One other thing is probably the fact that we really are just a few to like doing things out of raid nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Im a faithful to my guild for 3 years now, its my 3rd guild since TBC. I just love being in my guild, I love ppl, raids, most of stuff.
    But there is one thing I always hated - achievement raids. We raid 3-4 times a week in ToT, but sometimes, out-of-blue-sky, raid leader decides we are going to do achievment runs in some T14 raid. Aparently, its because some members asked for it.
    For me its a waste of time, since we didnt finish our progress and didnt kill all t15 bosses and I dont care about achieves at all. Since we sign up for raids a week in advance, I just dont know when this achiv raid gonna happen and cant skip it.
    Somehow Im feeling used for doing things I dont like, just to cater to achieve hunters.

Anyone got similar issues with their guild?
    The way I've looked at it is yes sometimes I'm doing something I don't like to help others. However, there will be times when I need help but others won't like doing it so it should even itself out. So, overall I didn't mind. The only thing that did piss me off is when we go back to do old content and people fail at it even though we are grossly overgeared for it.

I think the point he is getting at is that it is forced help constantly and spontaneously without any input....that would upset me. it should be labeled in the calendar or wherever he signs up what the raid night entails. That way he can choose whether or not to partake.

I dunno if anyone in my guild actually roams these forums, but I'll just say this and they'll catch on:

"Stagger is a shitty mechanic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Guild #1 - circle of friends (I'm friend of someone who is in that guild) and who are not from my nationality, so they talk in their own language and mind their own business. I do hope the guild will grow though and become more social. Seems like things are going that way fortunately.
    Guild #2 - I'm the GM of that guild and sitting there in pure solitude, on banking purposes. Best guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Im a faithful to my guild for 3 years now, its my 3rd guild since TBC. I just love being in my guild, I love ppl, raids, most of stuff.
    But there is one thing I always hated - achievement raids. We raid 3-4 times a week in ToT, but sometimes, out-of-blue-sky, raid leader decides we are going to do achievment runs in some T14 raid. Aparently, its because some members asked for it.
    For me its a waste of time, since we didnt finish our progress and didnt kill all t15 bosses and I dont care about achieves at all. Since we sign up for raids a week in advance, I just dont know when this achiv raid gonna happen and cant skip it.
    Somehow Im feeling used for doing things I dont like, just to cater to achieve hunters.

Anyone got similar issues with their guild?
    Part of being in a guild is, at times, doing something for the benefits of others.

*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I dunno if anyone in my guild actually roams these forums, but I'll just say this and they'll catch on:

"Stagger is a shitty mechanic."
    lol. you must have had to heal a monk tank.

To be honest, I think your being selfish, because you dont care for achies at all, (your words) you don't think they should do it, and if you did know when they plan to do it, you would leave them in the shit and bail

Its a good sign if your a heroic guild and your RL is taking the time to accommodate everyone tbh

Me personally, I've been in one guild for the majority of my wow account life, I left that one to raid (to be fair, I wasn't at the standard the guild needed), shortly after finishing wow, and coming back I came back to this original guild, but left again as I quit to remove any temptations to go back online during exams, now I'm back online (for the sake of the argument lets say) and theres been changes, changes I'm totally not happy with so I'm not going back to them, its a shame because I like everyone in there, I don't not get on with anyone at all in there

I like my guild well enough, but things have changed. Most people have had to deal with real life stuff. Many people graduated college, had kids, joined the army, got married, moved, etc. It's much quieter now, but I'm happy my friends are doing good things in their lives.

That said, the remainder of the guild isn't as fun as it used to be. The gm/raid leader isn't around anymore, and the raids are just a clique, much more than they used to be. He invites people who treat other people like crap just because they've raided twice before. Talking to the gm doesn't help much either, because he's too pig-headed to listen to the fact that the guild isn't as fun or popular as it used to be. About 3 people in the guild raid in his group now, and there aren't enough people to consistently raid every week and count on to do so. I mainly do casual stuff on my own time now and LFR. I've considered going to a new guild quite often, but as soon as I think about doing that, one of the older (i.e., cooler/nicer) guildies comes back for a while.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

mines run by a dick.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

lol. you must have had to heal a monk tank.
    Basically our Main Tank and GM is a Monk.

One of our officers started arguing with him Stagger was a shitty mechanic.

It's basically become a running gag where we bring it up and our GM will say "NOPE. NOOOOOOOOOOOOPE."

It's even the banner on our website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.