Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    it was always fucking easy to get... what did u have to do for warglaives? Kill illidan and pray to the RNG god... uuu soooo hard... what did u have to do for Shadowmourne? kill all bosses in icc and pray to the RNG god... every single legendary so far has been easy(as in the stuff u had to do weren't hard) to get if you really wanted it... the only thing that made some of them rare is RNG... and RNG should die in the flames of hell. I'd rather have a quest chain that lasts through the whole expansion and have a guaranteed legendary at the end(u know 12-16 months later) than farm some shit item for 6 years and still not have it beacuse RNG hates you.
    Well except the legendary mount. That was a bitch and I missed it by 10 hours or so on my realm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Give us some real cloaks man! Kinda like the ones Arthas was wearing in the Caverns of Time instance, not some piece of cloth that's pin around my character's neck ><
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    A Legendary that cannot be seen or shown is a lame legendary.
    The same could be said about a cloak as most people have theirs turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosanjos View Post
    A legendary that every 1 will have its not a legendary aswell
    How does a lot of people having it not make it a legendary? Or are we still on the "I did it the hard way and you shouldn't be able to get it the easy way even though I had that option too" kick?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    Give us some real cloaks man! Kinda like the ones Arthas was wearing in the Caverns of Time instance, not some piece of cloth that's pin around my character's neck ><
    He wore the same type of cloak using his Lich King model, however the cloak was an integrated part of his model, so sadly that won't be happening, well at least not until we get the new player models at least.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The same could be said about a cloak as most people have theirs turned off.
    Even the Ulduar hammer was pretty unimpressive as it was properly seen in combat, it just hung by your side. At least Dragonwrath was big enough to be noticed even if it was just superglued to your back. The Daggers werent' much better, but the dragonwings kinda helped.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The game clearly implies that legendary and epic describe not only how powerful an item is, but its rarity. That's why blues are called "rare," and if I'm not mistaken, the AH search has a button that filters items by "rarity."

That said, definitions can change over time, and if they began giving oranges for Wrathion's quest in MoP, they better see it through. Still, that doesn't mean it should be weapons, and that if it is weapons, ilevel should scaled based on difficulty. There is precedent for that as LFR could only access Raid Finder Sha-touched weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    The new legendary is a battle pet.
    I guess it will be wrathion in his baby-dragon form.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achtalon View Post
    The game clearly implies that legendary and epic describe not only how powerful an item is, but its rarity. That's why blues are called "rare," and if I'm not mistaken, the AH search has a button that filters items by "rarity."

That said, definitions can change over time, and if they began giving oranges for Wrathion's quest in MoP, they better see it through. Still, that doesn't mean it should be weapons, and that if it is weapons, ilevel should scaled based on difficulty. There is precedent for that as LFR could only access Raid Finder Sha-touched weapons.
    Eh, Legendary implies that it's well legendary, that there's a story too it and about it, and so far, all legendaries (except the SW bow) did have some form of story to it, either through a long quest line, or because it was wielded by a special character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersoaker View Post
    It'll be weapons. Trinket might be fun (special effects that make you go super saiyan), but the negative response would be overwhelming.

The cloaks are just this patches little bonus (like the 500 stat gem.. the "eye"..), even if wraithion "augments" them, they are just stepping stone prizes to a much bigger, grander item.

Imagine the disappointment otherwise, i really hope im not wrong.
    it is not a weapon bliz has said that it isn't a weapon

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    it is not a weapon bliz has said that it isn't a weapon
    No, Blizzard (or rather GC) said "Who said it's a weapon?" - that is neither a yes or a no, that's just GC trolling people.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Zing :P

A trinket wouldn't be so far fetched. They could have it do some ridiculous proc that turned you into a trex riding a shark with laser beams, or something.
    Please.

I want to be Epicus Maximus.

PLEASE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendary transmog Gear perrhaps? The only thing they've given us so far is the challenge mode sets.

Edit: They gave us some replica tier 0 and 0.5 as well.
    Last edited by Pakmanisgod; 2013-06-18 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope its not a trinket or a weapon.

Because then one class or few/alot of classes would be balanced around it.

Like...RoR trinket for WW monks.

/cower

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Trying to balance a legendary weapon around every single class and spec in the game would be too much work anyway, pretty much knew this from the start of the chain.

It will be a legendary cloak with generic procs like the meta gem, or some new and unique effect we haven't seen yet. But don't fool yourselves into thinking it will be different for everybody and tailored to your specific class and spec.
    The Deathwing weapons in DS could have just as soon been legendary. It's not actually that difficult.

I really hope it's a weapon. Cloaks are just stat pieces, and hardly exciting. A piece of cloth slapped to your back doesn't feel very legendary, regardless of what stats it has.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chult View Post
    The Deathwing weapons in DS could have just as soon been legendary. It's not actually that difficult.

I really hope it's a weapon. Cloaks are just stat pieces, and hardly exciting. A piece of cloth slapped to your back doesn't feel very legendary, regardless of what stats it has.
    The thing is though, that for all intellect users (except Mistweavers) all weapons are just stat sticks superglued to your waist or back.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    A: You have no idea of that. B: Everyone is just as entitled to the legendary. C: You don't know whether or not it branches off. D: Not everyone will be getting the legendary, as some people simply cannot be bothered to grind say ToT a billion times to get the Secrets.
    You're what killed the golden age of raiding and progression.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The least legendary "Legendary" in the game is the Bow from Sunwell. It doesn't even have a backstory, so even the Warglaives are ahead of it. Again, keep in mind that Legendary does not mean "rare". Nor does "epic", for that matter.

If by "fine" you mean "a huge source of intra-raid trouble and favoritism", then yeah, sure they were. Ultimately, the old system was just asking for trouble, which isn't something to be encouraged.
    Again, It's a raid problem if you can't figure out who to give the legendary to or who deserves it the most and/or if you have people in your guild that will cause a shit fit about it. Stop raiding with 16 year olds and you'd have no issues with the old way. I wasn't really talking about the Glaives or Bow but I really don't see a problem with a 0.1% drop rate Legendary, makes the boss kill that much more exciting every time (is it going to drop??)

It's hard to make a perfect system but what they have now is not Legendary and should not be considered as one. I clear ToT every week on a mix of heroic and normal. If you think it's ok for people to run inferior content and be rewarded the SAME item (not a lower item level version even) there is something wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Achtalon View Post
    Epics haven't been rarer than rares for a long time now. If anything, it's actually the other way around, there being far more epics than there are rares. Since Cata, Epic and Legendary describe pretty much nothing except power, given that pretty much the only difference between blue and purple is iLvl.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Again, It's a raid problem if you can't figure out who to give the legendary to or who deserves it the most and/or if you have people in your guild that will cause a shit fit about it. Stop raiding with 16 year olds and you'd have no issues with the old way. I wasn't really talking about the Glaives or Bow but I really don't see a problem with a 0.1% drop rate Legendary, makes the boss kill that much more exciting every time (is it going to drop??)

It's hard to make a perfect system but what they have now is not Legendary and should not be considered as one. I clear ToT every week on a mix of heroic and normal. If you think it's ok for people to run inferior content and be rewarded the SAME item (not a lower item level version even) there is something wrong with you.
    Older people don't feel any less entitled than younger ones. It's not about figuring out who to give it to, it's about the reaction to it.
    Basing anything on "who deserves it most" is just stupid because everybody is going to have their own idea of who deserves it and why.

Yes, it's a raid problem. But it's not one that can feasibly be solved without changing human nature, so it's better to just outright avoid it.

I'm up to 8/13 Heroic on ToT now and i have absolutely no problem with people who never went beyond LFR getting the legendary. It's not like it costs me anything.

Deleted
    Upgraded (either epic or legendary) cloak for 5.4, weapon for 5.5, when all raiding content is sold anyways. One of the patches is reserved to upgrade the cloak, and there is no "but" around it.

I hear a lot of talk but people seem to forget we WILL get at least two legendary weapons this expansion.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The Burning Legion did create the Scourge, which brought the most powerful Human kingdom to its knees.
    And then they met the Horde....bye bye Scourge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    A Legendary that cannot be seen or shown is a lame legendary.
    You can't transmog legendaries anyways, so it will be useless next expansion just like Shadowmourne is now.