Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    Finally got my helm from LFR today, so I've got my 4 set and my ilvl is now 525. Feels pretty good.

This has nothing to do with stats or theory but what flying mount do you all use? I really like playing up the whole Brewmaster thing (Brewmaster title and Brewfest Kodo mount) but i don't know what flying mount matches with all that. Ideas?
    Could always go with the flying disk.

Emerald Pandaren Phoenix from silver challenge modes. It matches our challenge mode gear REALLY well.

10+ Year Old Account
    For ground I switch it up between my archeology bug and my brawler's mushan.

For flying I switch it up between Ashes and the new blizzstore bat... >.>

I don't really mount on theme personally, though I would say that a kite mount or the disc mount would work well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdogs View Post
    >< I want a 600 back then Id rank higher than 4 on durumu 10H
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/pmx8ldfwm38yt3d1/
    Top on that fight doesn't have cloak.

On the whole haste vs mastery thing:

I think Daught/kaiadam makes a really valid point. The whole 1-2% more dmg u get from haste compared to mastery is wasted on most people and is wasted even more so when compared to the dmg increase you'll get from feeling safe and being able to do your rotation properly.

Guys could you criticize my last lei shen log? I feel I could've done better, I'm currently "raidleading" this fight since i happened to know a bit more, so I'm constantly distracted, we also had troubles today compared to yesterday, but I'd still love to see what I can improve for my guild.Name is fuyuki, not sure why it took random people that weren't there but whatever, I'm the only BRM monk on the tries so xD

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/25h7l9lwde2p77fu/

I had very major distractions trying to see what was killing the others in our failed tries but still, what to improve?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Emerald Pandaren Phoenix from silver challenge modes. It matches our challenge mode gear REALLY well.
    That's pretty much what I want to go with, I just have a hard time finding people who can get silvers with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Neviskio View Post
    Guys could you criticize my last lei shen log? I feel I could've done better, I'm currently "raidleading" this fight since i happened to know a bit more, so I'm constantly distracted, we also had troubles today compared to yesterday, but I'd still love to see what I can improve for my guild.Name is fuyuki, not sure why it took random people that weren't there but whatever, I'm the only BRM monk on the tries so xD

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/25h7l9lwde2p77fu/

I had very major distractions trying to see what was killing the others in our failed tries but still, what to improve?
    Looking at Lei Shen try 4 (your longest attempt):

Shuffle uptime is 60.7%. Needs to improve significantly.

You gained 72 Chi from Keg Smash, which means you did 36 Keg Smashes. In a 7:35 fight that should be more like 50 (potential max is 56 or so, but I wouldn't expect that from anyone). Do more Keg Smashes, get more Chi, keep Shuffle up easier.

That's the general gist. Pay more attention; do you really need to raid lead? Brewmaster Monks really aren't the best class for raid leading. Get your raid to pay more attention to themselves so you don't need to do it for them, so that ultimately all you'd need to do is perhaps call out specific abilities as they happen.

... do you really need to raid lead? Brewmaster Monks really aren't the best class for raid leading...
    How's that a problem? Tanks are born to be raid leaders.

Heroic council time. Would our lovely community have some tips for brewmaster in 10 man mode here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalas View Post
    until you prove it, which is impossible (spoil ) cause subjective. BTW, lead as a Dk or a Warrior is SILLY EASY. Lead as a Monk BrM, its pretty hard. I do it and with quantities of errors of my mates but I do know I'm gimping myself a little bit by paying attention to the raid instead of various buff / cooldown to maintain as a BrM even if I die not so often and I DPS a lot. But you're gimping yourself as a BrM it's obvious !

I mainly announce core abilities, do the strategies and act as a real modern leader, not a chief. This is also my IRL job to lead, everyone will know that a "military chief" is not welcome at all. You'd rather motivate your mates, make them focus, and act in a transversal way that is : "everyone is good and know how to. Mistakes are unavoidable, you are to do with that and react but you don't have to do the job for poeple, this is frustrating".

From a tech leading course of the first French IT firm PoV.

In one way, yes. Tanks are at the front, naturally leading... But logically speaking, there are better classes for it.

A tank is in melee, surrounded by hundreds of spell effects, or staring at the knees of some huge nasty boss. They can't see as much as someone at range can. From my personal experience, I'm a better raid leader on my Hunter than on any tank class I've played in the past. I can see more and generally speaking, a DPS has less responsibility than a tank does. Furthermore, Brewmaster Monks are probably the most complicated tank class, so have much more to pay attention to than other classes/specs.

I'm not saying it's impossible, there's just better classes for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Heroic council time. Would our lovely community have some tips for brewmaster in 10 man mode here?
    Make sure you got 15 secs of Elusive Brew ready for each time frost king use friggid assault, also be ready with some other cd for that part(guard, diffuse magic ect). Also helps to have a interrupt rotation for sul to help the healers out.

And charging ox is good if you need a panic stun on the priest add to move the boss back before they reach him...
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind explaining fights/mechanics/tactics before the fight but would rather play Hello Kitty Adventure than tank while also watching the entire 25m raids positioning and handling of mechanics and calling out timers for those two dumb to pay attention.

Our RL is a ranged DPS a slight drop in his performance isn't going to wipe the raid (though his DPS numbers are still very high) where I can flub a CD from a missed timer and eat dirt.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I don't mind explaining fights/mechanics/tactics before the fight but would rather play Hello Kitty Adventure than tank while also watching the entire 25m raids positioning and handling of mechanics and calling out timers for those two dumb to pay attention.

Our RL is a ranged DPS a slight drop in his performance isn't going to wipe the raid (though his DPS numbers are still very high) where I can flub a CD from a missed timer and eat dirt.
    Varies a lot depending on the fight, but yea. Some fights if it's something that occurs while we're not doing anything pressing, it's no biggie, but a lot of fights I've found it really hard to have to call anything while tanking.

Looking at Lei Shen try 4 (your longest attempt):

Shuffle uptime is 60.7%. Needs to improve significantly.

You gained 72 Chi from Keg Smash, which means you did 36 Keg Smashes. In a 7:35 fight that should be more like 50 (potential max is 56 or so, but I wouldn't expect that from anyone). Do more Keg Smashes, get more Chi, keep Shuffle up easier.

That's the general gist. Pay more attention; do you really need to raid lead? Brewmaster Monks really aren't the best class for raid leading. Get your raid to pay more attention to themselves so you don't need to do it for them, so that ultimately all you'd need to do is perhaps call out specific abilities as they happen.
    The problem with Lei Shen is the break where you don't get any adds (sure, you might get some small lightning adds, but our guild nukes them down before they reach me, if one doesn't spawn on my platform). So Shuffle is going to drop and you're going to miss out on a couple of Keg Smashes, so i'd let that slide a little - but there are definitely points where it falls off for no reason (see image).

For our guild, our GM / Pally tank normally calls some stuff out and other people chip in for other parts (E.g. Melee mark up adds to nuke on Horridon).

I do agree that ranged are better for some things as they aren't right in at the action, so they generally have a better view over the whole encounter, but keeping an eye on a timer isn't too hard for anyone.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Just want to get a quick weapon opinion:

Right now in my OH I'm using a double-upgraded LFR Claw of Shek'zeer, and I just got an LFR (http://www.wowhead.com/item=95791). It's seeming to me that the claw would be better (mostly due to the sha-touched gem) but I'm not quite sure and wanted to get some more opinions. Looking at this from a 10m perspective.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erorr/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    I would keep the Claw until there is a larger gap than 11 iLevels, just not worth losing the +500 gem without a 522 I'd say.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I would keep the Claw until there is a larger gap than 11 iLevels, just not worth losing the +500 gem without a 522 I'd say.
    Even factoring in another double-upgrade? Though true enough either way, I suppose it's pretty close either way. Hopefully the weapon gods are nice and will let me have a second 522 weapon soon, hah.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't waste 500 VP on a 502 weapon when your clearing 11/12 Normal + a 516 can drop from a H Scenario. Consider some of your 522 non-tier or possibly VP trinket.
    [/URL]

Ya know, I hadn't even considered that heroic scenarios could drop a 516 weapon. I should definitely get on that, then. I'll start running those more often and upgrade some of the non-tier pieces (already have the VP trinket 2/2, but working around that hit is a bit of a pain sometimes).

Thanks a bunch!