Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disc priest solo soaking static shock

I raid both 10 (when we don't have enough) and 25 man and today I was told I, as a disc, would have no problem solo soaking static shock in both transition phases.

I am usually on a quadrant as the only healer in both 10 & 25, and would like to know how that is possible, in addition to topping people off.

My raid leader told me she found the information for it, but could not find it later when I asked for the link. Is this possible? Also, could I swap to holy and be able to do it with guardian spirit? I am pretty sure there is a cap for the hit I can take with GS but I don't recall what it is.

I'm thinking it may be PS+PW:S+Flash healed SS assuming I am topped off. Other than that I am at a loss because I am not sure even that would be enough.

Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks =)

You got it. I doubt 25m could be soaked, but for 10m, IF you can assure that you don't get hit by a CL/Add/Ball etc. then your SS + PW:S combined with PS will be sufficient. Note that the higher the level of static shock, the more risky this becomes. Your gear (and thus health pool) will greatly impact this. Right before you spirit shell, use IF + Gheal to give yourself DA as well, if you find it necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't believe you can soak it in 25 man, and I'm not sure you can soak it as Holy in 25 man, either.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    You got it. I doubt 25m could be soaked, but for 10m, IF you can assure that you don't get hit by a CL/Add/Ball etc. then your SS + PW:S combined with PS will be sufficient. Note that the higher the level of static shock, the more risky this becomes. Your gear (and thus health pool) will greatly impact this. Right before you spirit shell, use IF + Gheal to give yourself DA as well, if you find it necessary.
    Yeah I was thinking maybe Inner Focus+PI may help a bit if this was possible.

Edit: my health pool is about 515k atm
    Last edited by Vishtara; 2013-06-14 at 05:14 AM.

Deleted
    in 10 man I'm running with inner sanctum, glyph of fade, power word: shield & and spiritshell. also u can cast pw:s, then inner focus + flash heal and after that u can use spiritshell +1/2 flash heals. that's enough.

Deleted
    I did it the other day, the 1st transition I got by just popping an IF powered GH + PW:S on myself (did get fairly low, but there's desperate prayer to the rescue).
    In transition 2 I single target SS'd myself (one of them being an IF powered heal) and PW:S plus possibly Pain Sup, cant remember exactly, and it brought me down quite low aswell. As long as you're prepared to heal yourself up really fast it's doable though, my healthpool is about 505k.

Obviously this is all 10man pov, in 25man I can pretty much guarantee it's impossible.

You can stack up divine agies aswell, though not really that relyable(but after penancing yourself greater/flash heal with inner focus can work). Also you got barrier.

Works for 10man. No clue about 25m :P

(also depends on the level of the conduct. We never give it energy during first phase so its easy to soak the 800k alone there for me)

10+ Year Old Account
    for 25 man you could prob do the first one with PS, barrier, fade glyph, and have SS, DA and PWS. But after the first transition its impossible.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we are talking 10 player, normal and the first intermission, depending on how much energy you allowed the Static Shock conduit to gain you can actually solo soak 2 of them. Full hp + ps + pw:shield for one, and Full hp + barrier + pw:shield + spirit shell for the second. If the conduit was allowed to get a good amount of energy though you'll have to pack on a IF GH for Aegis. Same goes for the second intermission if Static Shock is not allowed to level up. However, I don't see the point solo soaking the second intermission.

As for 25: Even at 0 energy on the conduit, PS + Barrier will still have you take 900,000 damage which means you need 400k absorbs between pw:shield, spirit shell, and aegis all with than small time window. With Inner Sanctum and Fade glyphs (that is a lot of glyph usage just for this one purpose) it is down to 760,000. Still rough, and that is with 0 energy on the conduit which is completely unlikely unless you outgear the fight and specifically choose to get no energy on it during p1.
    tl/dr for 25: Don't be solo soaking. Total waste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I really don't believe you can soak it in 25 man, and I'm not sure you can soak it as Holy in 25 man, either.
    Aye you can't, since guardian spirit is capped at twice your HP you cannot solo soak it.

First transition, holy, 10 man, static shock at ~70, inner sanctum, I lived on one solo with a GS... I think... rather tired right now... can't remember the details but if you get within the cap limit GS will work (GS heal registered in the combat log and I didn't die). Still bitter about DS where they just disabled it.

Thanks for the info guys =)

While you likely can soak with the ways mentioned above I don't see any reason why you should. Blowing 3 cds to solo survive just seems inefficient when you could easily just stack and PWB the group

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishtara View Post
    I raid both 10 (when we don't have enough) and 25 man and today I was told I, as a disc, would have no problem solo soaking static shock in both transition phases.

I am usually on a quadrant as the only healer in both 10 & 25, and would like to know how that is possible, in addition to topping people off.

My raid leader told me she found the information for it, but could not find it later when I asked for the link. Is this possible? Also, could I swap to holy and be able to do it with guardian spirit? I am pretty sure there is a cap for the hit I can take with GS but I don't recall what it is.

I'm thinking it may be PS+PW:S+Flash healed SS assuming I am topped off. Other than that I am at a loss because I am not sure even that would be enough.

Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks =)
    Other question is why your leader wants you to solo soak? When its easy to soak as group? The other thing that you can die anytime while doing this "terrible solo soak".
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

In 10m I've solo soaked as holy/disc but 25m not possible as far as I'm aware i died when i tried it.

In 25m healing priest cannot solo soak period.

In 10m, maybe for normals? But any class can do it with stacked CD's.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Of course you can, guardian spirit !

There is no reason to solo soak as a priest as others have mentioned. You should be using barrier and SS for stacked shock during the transitions if healing is an issue. Leave solo soaking to the mages, resto druid with symb, hunters, shadow priests, rogues, paladins, warlocks....i.e. pretty much everyone else but you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Of course you can, guardian spirit !
    As of patch 4.0.6 :
    Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.

You die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    In 25m healing priest cannot solo soak period.

In 10m, maybe for normals? But any class can do it with stacked CD's.
    Does holy's Guardian Angel thing not work? I don't know, I make our healy priest play disc for Lei Shen, so maybe that's a thing - but disc is just so good for survival fights.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaru View Post
    As of patch 4.0.6 :
    Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.

You die.
    Ah right, thanks!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter