Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    Crap.

They're NERFING Selfless Healer, bringing old SS back on 2 min CD and of course, buffing Holy /facepalm

So we're back to that. I'll start using UmbS, SS and play a DK without grip u_u'
    Only change to selfless healer is that holy can use the stacks for Divine Light. Only change.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Very rarely and currently almost everything important for other specs is instant. Cyclone has a cooldown now so it's pretty much always instant cast, hex also usually is. I know it's needed sometimes, but you have to admit that MoP version of repent had people scratching their heads from day one and now so does turn evil. Talent really aren't supposed to be awkward like that, and ask melee to sit there and cast, and are usually meant to feel strong.
    You have mana, you cast spells, as simple as that. Regardless of if they have a cast time or not, if they are correct for the situation, you use them. I have no problem casting an 8 second repent as ret as long as it means we survive enemy burst or land a kill. The choice is yours. Complain and don't use awesome abilities, or use them and win.

Talents

Eternal Flame Consumes up to 3 Holy Power to place a protective Holy flame on a friendly target, which heals them for [ 5,538 + 49% [ 3,876 + 34.3% of Spell Power ] and an additional [ 508 + 5.85% of Spell Power ] every 3 sec for 30 sec. Healing increased per charge of Holy Power. The heal over time is increased by 100% if used on the Paladin. Replaces Word of Glory. Paladin - LvL 45 Talent. 1 Holy Power. 40 yd range. Instant. 1.5 sec cooldown.
    Sacred Shield (New) Holy: When you or your Beacon of Light target falls below 30% health, that target gains Sacred Shield, absorbing 30% of their maximum health. Sacred Shield can only occur once every 2 minutes. Protection, Retribution: When you fall below 30% health, you gain Sacred Shield, absorbing 30% of your maximum health. Sacred Shield can only occur once every 2 minutes. Paladin - LvL 45 Talent. 40 yd range. 6 sec cooldown.
    Sanctified Wrath Avenging Wrath lasts 50% longer and grants more frequent access to one of your abilities while it lasts. Holy Reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 50%. and increases the critical strike chance of Holy Shock by 20%. Protection Reduces the cooldown of Judgment by 50% 100%. Avenging Wrath also increases healing received by 20%. Retribution Reduces the cooldown of Hammer of Wrath by 50%. Paladin - LvL 75 Talent.
    Selfless Healer Holy: Your successful Judgments reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Flash of Light or Divine Light by 35% per stack and improves its effectiveness by 20% per stack when used to heal others. Stacks up to 3 times. Protection, Retribution: Your successful Judgments reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Flash of Light by 35% per stack and improves its effectiveness by 20% per stack when used to heal others. Stacks up to 3 times. Paladin - LvL 45 Talent.

Holy

Divine Plea You gain 12% of your total mana over 9 sec, but the amount healed by your healing spells is reduced by 50%. Paladin - Holy Spec. Instant. 2 min cooldown.

Protection

Sacred Shield Protects the target with a shield of Holy Light for 30 sec. The shield absorbs up to [ 343 + 117% of Holy Spell Power ] damage every 6 sec. Can be active only on one target at a time. Limited to 1 target. Paladin - LvL 45 Talent Protection Spec. 40 yd range. Instant. 6 sec cooldown.

30% of health absorb every 2 min. Seems weak when you compare it to the 2-3 seconds its going to be there in pvp especially when you remember how blizzard likes dispellable paladin buffs. Eternal Flame nerf makes it even more useless for ret. I really hope they add more separation by spec so that we can have at least a chance at something decent with this patch.
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

10+ Year Old Account
    New (old?) sacred shield seems nice for holy and prot :/

But i dont think its worth losing an instant heal every 15-20 sec. And it becomes completely wasted if you're not being targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    Only change to selfless healer is that holy can use the stacks for Divine Light. Only change.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 06:50 PM ----------

You have mana, you cast spells, as simple as that. Regardless of if they have a cast time or not, if they are correct for the situation, you use them. I have no problem casting an 8 second repent as ret as long as it means we survive enemy burst or land a kill. The choice is yours. Complain and don't use awesome abilities, or use them and win.
    Yeah, but at the end of the day Fist of Justice is still the most popular talent in rated arena by far... so you can justify it all you want, the facts still pretty clearly show that very few people take Repent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret going to be even more OP in PVP. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    the latest build buffed holy and prot. But somehow rets are more OP?

Dat logic and well thought out argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    the latest build buffed holy and prot. But somehow rets are more OP?
    The thing is - Ret will be the target 90% of the time. And those instant heals are really only strong on other targets... which is almost never. It's a pretty solid buff to a talent Ret almost never took anyway.

Also, depending on team, a Ret with Unyielding Faith and Sacred Shield will be hard to kill.

Care to back that up with reasons?

On another topic, I realize that FoJ is more popular, but i still like BoG. BoG is 10 times better than SoJ.

I'll miss BoG if it gets removed, but I guess I will just get used to it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer123 View Post

On another topic, I realize that FoJ is more popular, but i still like BoG. BoG is 10 times better than SoJ.

But Fist is also 10x better than regular HoJ. It is a toss-up, but I suspect the current version won't go live. It's too similar to Repentance. I would prefer Turn Evil not get touched (great utility vs UH DK, Priests, and Locks) and have the talent buff Blinding Light or something. In order to give up that utility to fear players, it will have to be different from Repentance in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer123 View Post

It's more popular because it's actually useful.
    Slows are absolutely useless for a good ret paladin.

can't see why some of you guys in this thread are so excited about this change. Almost all of it is not a buff, and inq is only a slight one. Losing some of our versatility for a repentance 2.0 aka fear is stupid. And as we know melee + casted cc doesn't work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    can't see why some of you guys in this thread are so excited about this change. Almost all of it is not a buff, and inq is only a slight one. Losing some of our versatility for a repentance 2.0 aka fear is stupid. And as we know melee + casted cc doesn't work very well.
    Not to mention losing a slow limits or PvE utility as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Not to mention losing a slow limits or PvE utility as well.
    Don't forget we also lose instant Turn Evil against various pets in PvP.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 01:02 AM ----------

Yeah definitely not the sweeping buff patch we thought it would be at first. My eyebrows are raising higher with every build, hopefully some more good things are to come. I still am pretty happy about inquisition though.

inq isn't a buff, imo it is more of a "after annoying them for so long it is kind of boring now..."
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    It's more popular because it's actually useful.
    Slows are absolutely useless for a good ret paladin.
    Meh. I use both.

I'm not disagreeing with you on FoJ, but I still find BoG useful sometimes.

I just don't care for current SoJ.

I'm really happy about the Sacred Shield change. It should add a bit to our survivability (which we really need). However I think 2mins is too long of a cd. It should have a 1min - 1.5min internal cd for Ret.

I think it would be interesting if Ret also got the baseline sacred shield that prot is getting as well.

So they REALLY think SoJustice is useful for snaring people?

"Hey dude we put a snare on your melee attacks so you can slow enemies while youre already in the CQC".

It's not like ret needs a ranged slow to GET IN MELEE to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    So if nothing changes (and it will)

1) Big problem with the Inquisition maintanence: mostly gone - orgasms here.
    2) Big problem I AWAYS asked for instant Repentance: now we get Turn Evil on Humanoids + Glyph to be instant on 15 secs CD.
    3) Execution sentence being dispelable sucks - now its just bad.
    4) Umbreakable Spirit can be considered for RBGs maybe for survival...
    5) Guardian on 3 mins AAAAWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAHHH!!!

We're still low on survivability but it's getting there.
    Execution sentence was always dispellable... and it always sucked for pvp... Now when dispelled it actually does a mini nuke, or mini nuke heal. So it's slightly less bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritthepally View Post
    Execution sentence was always dispellable... and it always sucked for pvp... Now when dispelled it actually does a mini nuke, or mini nuke heal. So it's slightly less bad.
    It wasn't always dispellable, it became so the first big patch of MoP. Now they finally realized that jee maybe, just maybe, a talent that delivers most of it's benefit after a huge 10 second warning, should probably not be completely dispellable. It's still crap. At the very least dispelling should also reduce the cooldown, so if it gets dispelled the cooldown should go to 30-45 sec instead of the full minute.