10/25 Feat of Strength Split

Ahead of the Curve: Garrosh Hellscream (10 player) Defeat Garrosh Hellscream on 10-Player Normal difficulty, prior to the release of the next tier of content.Reward: Reins of the Kor'kron War Wolf.
    Ahead of the Curve: Garrosh Hellscream (25 player) Defeat Garrosh Hellscream on 25-Player Normal difficulty, prior to the release of the next tier of content.Reward: Reins of the Kor'kron War Wolf.
    If this change goes through, it seems that the feats of strength from each tier will be separated again. The rewards still remain identical.

This seems like an appropriate change if the intention is to differentiate the contents. The 'normal' achievements seem unchanged as of now so the players solely interested in achievement points are not pressured into raiding both of the formats.

EDIT: The Cutting Edge achievements also have two different versions.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8401
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8400

Well I don't know about you but I hunt achievements, not achievement points so of course I want both of them even if they're Feats :P

Not really sure why they'd split Ahead of the Curve. The Cutting Edge and Realm First achievements I understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well I don't know about you but I hunt achievements, not achievement points so of course I want both of them even if they're Feats :P
    I do see your point, but this seems like a compromise. The cons seem negligible enough on a large scale.

Not really sure why they'd split Ahead of the Curve. The Cutting Edge and Realm First achievements I understand.
    To my knowledge the Cutting Edge achievements have not been added yet. They will probably follow a similar format because they are the second step after Ahead of the Curve achievement. I might also foresee separate realm firsts in order to encourage 25-man raiding on realms with dominating 10-man guild(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a relevant change. In the end, it shouldn't matter for the majority of raiders which of them they obtain.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    To my knowledge the Cutting Edge achievements have not been added yet. They will probably follow a similar format because they are the second step after Ahead of the Curve achievement. I might also foresee separate realm firsts in order to encourage 25-man raiding on realms with dominating 10-man guild(s).
    I stand corrected; the Cutting Edge achievements have already been added. They also have two different versions.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8401
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8400

Deleted
    Exactly this. Points doesn't at all. Gotta achieve em all! Besides steamrolling as a 25 man guild 10 man content afterwards with many av-nerds for the fos shouldn't be that hard. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what were their intentions :

-Differentiate raid format in some FoS? (but can be done in the achievement details with a checked criteria that won't change)
    -Giving more to the 25m raiders? (easy to do 10m ach when beeing in a 25m guild, hard or impossible to do 25m ach when beeing in a 10m guild)
    -Making 10m guilds slowly starting to team up with other 10m guilds ?
    -Giving more challenge to the FoS hunters, and rewarding them for beeing successful in achieving those FoS ?

What is sure is that they wanted to give more to the normal/heroic raiders with the introduction of FR (extra mount that will likely become unobtainable).

Anyway they should like always do like they think it's best, and avoid listening players imo (who would say they won't be able to do the 25m ach because they're part of a 10m).
    25m problem is certainly not easy to solve.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2013-06-20 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Not sure what were their intentions
    It reduces the competition between 10-mans and 25-mans. This can encourage people to shift around and raid their preferred content.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    What is sure is that they wanted to give more to the normal/heroic raiders with the introduction of FR (extra mount that will likely become unobtainable).
    An unobtainable mount can motivate people to keep on raiding despite SoO being the last raid of the expansion and the gear becoming obsolete. It gives them more solid rewards for killing Garrosh before the next expansion. It seems like a tactical addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    I might also foresee separate realm firsts in order to encourage 25-man raiding on realms with dominating 10-man guild(s).
    Seems that this is indeed going to be the case. All in all this is quite a surprising change that I would have not expected to see had someone asked me few months back. I am curious as to how it will work out in the end.

•Realm First! Garrosh Hellscream (10 player) (New) First guild on the realm to defeat Garrosh Hellscream in Siege of Orgrimmar on 10-player Heroic difficulty while in a guild group.
    •Realm First! Garrosh Hellscream (25 player) (New) First guild on the realm to defeat Garrosh Hellscream in Siege of Orgrimmar on 25-player Heroic difficulty while in a guild group.

The only way this should go through would be with the achievements being mutually exclusive, else you're going to get a bunch of 25 man guilds trying to snag both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    The only way this should go through would be with the achievements being mutually exclusive, else you're going to get a bunch of 25 man guilds trying to snag both.
    I also hope that this is the case with the realm firsts. Some might argue that there is nothing wrong with a 25-man guild taking the realm first 10-man kill as well. While I don't have very strong feelings one way or the other, the mutual exclusivity seems like the easiest on the players. It also helps to separate the two camps a little which I feel is appropriate.

I don't think any guild should feel inclined to try and get both of the achievements. There is always the possibility of the players from a 25-man guild creating a dummy guild just to do this, but that seems both very unlikely and can be prevented if necessary.

The ahead of the curve and cutting edge achievements I see ending up exclusive on a character basis, at best. An account wide restriction does not seem likely to me.

I am sure Blizzard will make it so only 1 achievement is obtainable by character / guild (either 10 man or 25 man). I don't think they want us to go back to WotLK mode and farm both sizes just for FoS achievements.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

and since they are FoS most people wont know about them unless they read up on it or are hunting for all the achievements