Poll: Who will be the next Warchief?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's been confirmed that the next warchief will be Chen Stormstout.

15+ Year Old Account
    voted for saurfang, but it'll be vol'jin

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the best is that for the next expension there is no warchief yet.
    just to figure out who the best warchief can be and all.
    in the mean time a council will be made.

Deleted
    Probably Vol'jin or Saufang. Even though it I'd personally prefer to have Sylvanas or a returning Thrall as a leader.

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted for Saurfang, because, let's face it, he's all kinds of awesome, but Sylvanas makes sense in a deus ex machina kind of way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    I hope it will be a Council. I just can't be an Orc after everything Garrosh has done and will do. To follow Godwin's law... They didn't put the Nazis back in charge of Germany after Hitler was dead. Garrosh is on a very, very "Pro-Orc screw everyone else including other Horde members", as we can also see in the latest soundfiles.
    The next Warchief *can't* be an Orc, even if there are Orcs in the revolution army. Thrall started this whole mess by putting Garrosh in charge so he's definitely out. I like Thrall and like his ideas but even I think he messed up *big* time and we can no longer trust his judgement.

However I also can't see either Lor'Themar or Vol'Jin or Baine as a singular leader of the Horde. The one thing that Garrosh should teach the Horde is that we stand *together*. No-one race should be the "lead" race of the Horde in general.

The position of Warchief has to be retired or severely limited. There should be Horde council, consisting of the leader of every race, each having an equal vote. And maybe have the position of Warchief for just that, *WAR*. But the Warchief should not be the same as the Leader for the whole Horde.
    No but at the same time, they didn't put Italian Rebels in Charge of Germany either, if you want to make that reference.

Deleted
    Anduin the peacemaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it won't be Nazgrim (lowers head), and the orcs need a leader regardless of whoever warchief is.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I think the Horde learned how much power a single close minded Warchief has and how he can use it wrong, so there will be a Horde council.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaenror View Post
    I think the Horde learned how much power a single close minded Warchief has and how he can use it wrong, so there will be a Horde council.
    Why does everyone want this, councils are for the Alliance, if you like councils reroll, don't ruin our faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Why does everyone want this, councils are for the Alliance, if you like councils reroll, don't ruin our faction.
    You just can't effectively lead a multi-nation/species alliance (lower case) with just one single almighty leader without it becoming a dictatorship. The Horde under Thrall was also run by a council. That council was simply presided over by the Warchief, who had final say in everything, but still listened to his council of advisors. Garrosh also started out with a council, but almost immediately began pushing them away, claiming sole leadership.

Suffice to say, it's very likely the Horde will look at their position post-Garrosh, and say 'welp, we gave this whole one leader thing another go, and it went really, really well.'
    They would also be sarcastic, by the way.

Gamon.. I mean he did supposedly strike the killing blow to General Nazgrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    You just can't effectively lead a multi-nation/species alliance (lower case) with just one single almighty leader without it becoming a dictatorship. The Horde under Thrall was also run by a council. That council was simply presided over by the Warchief, who had final say in everything, but still listened to his council of advisors. Garrosh also started out with a council, but almost immediately began pushing them away, claiming sole leadership.

Suffice to say, it's very likely the Horde will look at their position post-Garrosh, and say 'welp, we gave this whole one leader thing another go, and it went really, really well.'
    It worked well enough under Thrall, sure there wasn't a council, rather advisors to the Warchief, whom, with the exception of Eitrigg, were leaders of their own race, regardless the Horde's power was Thrall's, not The "Council's"

10+ Year Old Account
    People saying Saurfang, unless they have sound files of him being involved in the raid... its not happening.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    People saying Saurfang, unless they have sound files of him being involved in the raid... its not happening.
    I'm sure there are more soundfiles, this is the first build where they've been uncovered, after all. Blizzard has also said this will be a "long" PTR. I could be wrong, but I believe there are more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post

I honestly fail to believe that. first I disagree with the comment that one person cannot lead without it becoming a dictatorship, it is entirely possible it just needs to be handled well, thrall and garrosh are good examples of what should and shouldn't be done respectively. thrall's leadership (it was NOT a council, if it were there would be no conclusion until majority ruled in favor of something) was successful largely because of his own decision making, open mindedness towards the other races of the horde, and the acceptance of advisers (which is probably where you got the "thrall had a council" from). garrosh on the other hand turned down the support of his advisers as soon as someone showed up who agreed with his ideas of smashing everything that wasn't an orc, he had a closed off leadership and didn't pay attention to anything but his own goal. what I'm trying to say is you don't need a council to not have a dictatorship, you just need to not be a complete jerk who doesn't know how to lead and doesn't instantly answer every action with a declaration of war.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Saurfang as my warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am disappointed you didn't put an option for "Basic Campfire". Seriously, we all know that it's the true warchief of the Horde.

Hopefully its Thrall. I mean really unless he dies hes going to be all over everything lore wise anyways and be the character you think of when you think Warchief. I'd rather not watch them butcher another character that they try to make Warchief. Honestly with how the lore usually goes it'll be Thrall and or his child eventually. Unless lololdgods.

Put him back in his chair in Org and use new characters for new zones. Its the best way to get him out of being Green Jesus and back to being a npc sitting in a chair.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-06-20 at 12:13 PM.

I'm hoping for Baine. It'd be kind of nice to see a non-Orc warchief, and I'm not too crazy about Vol'jin or Lor'themar. Saurfang would be awesome, but I have a feeling he'd probably turn down the job unless there were absolutely no other way. A non-Orc warchief could also open up the possibility that cities other than Orgrimmar might actually become important in game again. Baine is also pretty much the opposite of Garrosh in terms of personality and how he'd lead the horde. He'd probably be a bit more like Thrall.

I don't think Thrall really has it in him anymore. After the whole Cataclysm thing, Aggra, his new kid, etc, he's already got enough on his plate. I would like to see him have some involvement in overthrowing Garrosh, but I don't think he'd really fit as the permanent warchief anymore.

A horde council, maybe, but I would only expect that to be a temporary thing if it did happen.