Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Care to explain why? Finding different ways to approach fights based on your comp and strengths isn't a bad thing.
    Because zerg strategies are not fun or hard (heroic raid). They add more mechanics to make fights complex and then you zerg through them like it is LFR. This is exactly what some players don't like about LFR.
    I don't think heroics raids are made for zerg strategies like LFR.

Or maybe I am just old fashion. I've never liked zerging through dungeons. I also can't wrap my mind around how players can enjoy MoP heroics, as an experienced and overgeared player, when they are zerging through them like it's nothing.

Deleted
    anyone tried zerging on 25?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look up the meaning of anima and animus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Because zerg strategies are not fun or hard (heroic raid). They add more mechanics to make fights complex and then you zerg through them like it is LFR. This is exactly what some players don't like about LFR.
    I don't think heroics raids are made for zerg strategies like LFR.

Or maybe I am just old fashion. I've never liked zerging through dungeons. I also can't wrap my mind around how players can enjoy MoP heroics, as an experienced and overgeared player, when they are zerging through them like it's nothing.
    If you think this zerg was by any means comparable to LFR, you are sorely mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by haaze View Post
    anyone tried zerging on 25?
    It would be ridiculously harder to meet the check on 25man. Maybe a handful of top world guilds could manage it with class stacking and 445 ilvls, but no 25 mans could possibly kill it this way for progression.

I don't even see why it would need to be "zerged" by a 25 man. You can easily afford to have the extra tank in a 25 man to handle it the normal way where in 10 man running with 3 tanks it will make the DPS target a lot harder to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I don't even see why it would need to be "zerged" by a 25 man. You can easily afford to have the extra tank in a 25 man to handle it the normal way where in 10 man running with 3 tanks it will make the DPS target a lot harder to hit.
    Hardly, we ran with 3 tanks since our first kill, granted we did just get our first meta's but we still had 40seconds left before anima reach 100, using 3 healers (one was a disc granted).

I've seen some logs of guilds zerging this with 2 tanks. If anyone reading has done this, I have a couple questions...

How did you split up adds and position the tanks/melee?

Did the tanks swap Animus at all? How were you feeding vengeance?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifebind View Post
    I've seen some logs of guilds zerging this with 2 tanks. If anyone reading has done this, I have a couple questions...

How did you split up adds and position the tanks/melee?

Did the tanks swap Animus at all? How were you feeding vengeance?

Thanks!
    Can't answer all your questions but I have a feeling the tanks both had 2-3 adds on them to feed vengeance, and never bothered to kill them.

Deleted
    Zerg strat is a cool thing and all, and while it may look easy on the video, it's very hard to pull off and not something I would recommend for progression.

The boss is easy as it is atm, we had our first kill last week, and didn't use more than maybe 40 attempts due to outgearing it, and most of those attempts were derp sub 30 sec wipes.

Anybody have the final math on how much DPS the 25m zerg would require?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayturr View Post
    Anybody have the final math on how much DPS the 25m zerg would require?
    (900000000/160-tankdps)/#ofdps

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfsaf View Post
    please provide a strategy that involves activating large anima golems, which significantly reduces the dps requirement and/or significantly extends the time until full power.
    Why would I have to? In the fight there is a mechanic every guild ignores, but it's in the fight and being ignored. There is no denying that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Obviously it is, people are using it for first kills, still dont see the big deal tho lol.
    Which guilds?

Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    Which guilds?
    HC - Burning Legion, the guild that made the video, It was there first kill, and there is more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Why would I have to? In the fight there is a mechanic every guild ignores, but it's in the fight and being ignored. There is no denying that.
    People seem to forget that the very existence of the large anima golems provide a mechanic on it's own: You can't just kill the small anima golems where you want, thus adding a positional requirement and some planing beforehand (where to tank the massives, who puts their small into which massive, and when).

Just because the large golems have abilities doesn't mean the developers wanted people to activate them, they could have easily added a mechanic that only allows anima to flow to the next-larger golem.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    People seem to forget that the very existence of the large anima golems provide a mechanic on it's own: You can't just kill the small anima golems where you want, thus adding a positional requirement and some planing beforehand (where to tank the massives, who puts their small into which massive, and when).

Just because the large golems have abilities doesn't mean the developers wanted people to activate them, they could have easily added a mechanic that only allows anima to flow to the next-larger golem.
    You make it sound like that is the difficult part on 10man tho? Each tank takes 3 and goes full on ham with 600k vengeance, then 1 healer near each tank has 1 they taunt that and 2 shot it, the tank on teh boss has one that works it low that gets taunted in to one later, the rest gets shuffed by dps on the pull in inactives. The only thing that can make this remotely difficult at this point is a matterswap just as a mob dies.

Ignoring large golems is really no different than ignoring the green head in H Megaera. The green head has an ability too, but nobody gets it because it is very difficult to handle. Just like the large golems. If they didn't want you to ignore large golems, they could just make it so some / all of the anima was forced to go to them first. But they didn't, they left it open to try with whatever strategy you wanted. Plus the fights been out for like 3.5 months now, and people definitely figured out that strategy very early on. If Blizzard wanted to force large golems to be part of the fight, they would have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Ignoring large golems is really no different than ignoring the green head in H Megaera. The green head has an ability too, but nobody gets it because it is very difficult to handle. Just like the large golems. If they didn't want you to ignore large golems, they could just make it so some / all of the anima was forced to go to them first. But they didn't, they left it open to try with whatever strategy you wanted. Plus the fights been out for like 3.5 months now, and people definitely figured out that strategy very early on. If Blizzard wanted to force large golems to be part of the fight, they would have.
    Exactly.

I think it's all about Blizzard leaving it open to US, the players, to figure out how we want to approach a boss. Megaera is a wonderful example of it. There are so many ways that you can kill this boss. Ignore green or ignore blue or ignore none and kill every colour as often as you like for as long as it works FOR YOUR RAID.

So what if we ignore large anima golems? Wait... no, ignore isn't the correct term. Working around them is more like it. You wouldn't believe how many of our wipes were attributed to a little guy being just a smidge too close to a large guy and giving us crimson waves. Crimsom waves are such a vastly punishing ability on top of everything else that is going on that it simply screws up everything. So you avoid this because it just sucks THAT bad. But that doesn't 'remove' those adds from the picture as, even if you don't plan around crimson waves, large anima golems make you care about positioning(!). And positioning has always been a vital part of any kill strat.

Pulled the boss about 40 times last night using a 2 tank 2 healer strategy similar to what Paragon did. It almost died. What I do want to say is that not only is this strategy very annoying because you have to wait on cooldowns each wipe, but it is extremely unforgiving and rng based. Sometimes you can get Anima font spam on a healer back to back to back which can cause a tank death easily. You can get Anima font on your double Anima golem soakers and have them die before your tank pulls off them. This fight is likely easier to execute in the normal strategy, just because of the lack of perfection and RNG requirement. If you look at the numbers required from both the tanking and healing perspective this fight even with the zerg method is still not easy to pull off. Do the normal strategy for progression, save yourself the time.