Page 1 of 2
LastLast

is it worth it to come back for pvp right now?

so i raided pretty hardcore and got thousands and thousands of achievement points before i quit wow. the only stone i left unturned before i hung it up was Gladiator - some friends invited me back for arenas and i'm considering joining them. is it worth it to come back just for pvp? how is it these days? do moonkins still work okay in favorable comps?

If you're a hunter or a shadow priest and competitive pvp is your thing.. yea come back.

Deleted
    If you're a hunter, warlock, mage or monk, sure it's worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My honest answer would be no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    If you're a hunter, warlock, mage or monk, sure it's worth it.
    if you're a lock or monk , dont bother^^ add unholy derpkinghts , ferals and disc priests to the list

no, game is bad as ever when it comes to pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, the honest answer is there will never be a time when people say pvp is good no matter what. Pvp is the one thing no one is ever satisfied with, and its far more balanced then wrath and before. They made some changes recently that make getting into pvp very easy, and you can catch up on your conquest very fast. Id say yes come back. Now is as good a time as ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    if you're a lock or monk , dont bother^^ add unholy derpkinghts , ferals and disc priests to the list
    Damn, I've been doing it wrong all along. To think I was stomping everything in 1v1, wpvp and bgs, except huntards, without having a clue that I'm not supposed to be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Damn, I've been doing it wrong all along. To think I was stomping everything in 1v1, wpvp and bgs, except huntards, without having a clue that I'm not supposed to be able to do that.
    To be fair, monks rape face 1v1.

OP, you will enjoy it a lot if you play mage, disc, feral, hunter lol. oh and add shamans to the list.

simple answer is yes !

it is no longer as painful as it used to be to get back quickly into pvp.
    there has been some big changes to the pvp system this xpac.
    some of the things i can remember for now:
    -65% base resil to all lvl 90
    -Catch up system (easily get ur latest season conquest weapon and gear proly in 1 day if u have the time)
    -Honor gear and weapons
    -If u do not have time to grind honor u can easily buy crafted pvp gear (gets updated every season)

as for fotm:
    ele shaman or enhance. Feral druids. Hunters

best healers druids and priests
    moonkins are one of the better casters in the game atm
    overall best class mage.

If you're doing it for achieves sure come on back. If you are looking to have fun in pvp absolutely not. What one of the posters above was correct in that the pvp is as balanced as it ever was. Every class is perfectly retarded.

There's CC ontop of CC ontop of CC with a splash of instant AOE CC as icing. You can think of CC as frosting on a cake. Sure you'll have people licking the plate asking for more but those are the sugar wackos. If you looking for a nice nuanced cake that is more cake than frosting WoW is not it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play with friends, then yeah. You can still have a blast playing in BG's and Arena with mates, if you play extremely seriously, though, then I'd say wait for the next expac. It's more than annoying when you lose just because of the enemy player's class and not their skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    OP, the honest answer is there will never be a time when people say pvp is good no matter what. Pvp is the one thing no one is ever satisfied with, and its far more balanced then wrath and before. They made some changes recently that make getting into pvp very easy, and you can catch up on your conquest very fast. Id say yes come back. Now is as good a time as ever.
    I'm a pvp'r and that's all I do. I've played since vanilla. Pvp is currently the most unbalanced that I've ever seen. Just look at the percentages of players above 2200. Shadow priest is at 17.something percent and arms warrior is at .6 percent.... WTF. Prot is actually above arms.. Blood dk is above Feral Druids. Unprecedented.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-3-2-0.html

Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    I'm a pvp'r and that's all I do. I've played since vanilla. Pvp is currently the most unbalanced that I've ever seen. Just look at the percentages of players above 2200. Shadow priest is at 17.something percent and arms warrior is at .6 percent.... WTF. Prot is actually above arms.. Blood dk is above Feral Druids. Unprecedented.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-3-2-0.html
    i play a warrior probably the worst melee out there if not the worst class. and i have to disagree with this season being most unbalanced ever in wow. if anything this season is looking good part from some classes that stand out above all (which has always been the case in every single season except for s7 to some extent)

that graph is full of false information.

Deleted
    How are boomies doing nowadays? i'm pretty bored

Deleted
    yeah, it's just a different PvP style than before, when u get used to it it's as fun as it always been... almost

Quote Originally Posted by Garneon View Post
    crap defensives, bad self heals, great mobility which is nothing when you cant do anything during it.
    i dont recommend it, it can be fun here and there but then itll be ruined

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    This. Even if players keep complaining, pvp is much more balanced atm than before, even Boomkins can do very well. ^^ You'll have fun if you're running arenas and BG's with friends anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garneon View Post
    In pvp, as bad as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    If you're a hunter or a shadow priest and competitive pvp is your thing.. yea come back.
    spriest are garbage, unless your playing like 2 comps. When every comp is hunter/melee /x they just get trained to dust

@OP- no, as much as i love pvp, its not worth coming back atm. literally some things are so grossly overpowered that the latter is actually only huner/melee/ x ( with ret,feral, and enhance doing absolutely mad dmg/cc that with a hunter its ridiculous to play against). Or its afflic/x/x ( with a mage or ele, eles being insanely op, doing random 200k dmg procs all the time.. Literally if you q 2k+ all you will see is hunter/ret- hunter/feral- 8 out of 10 games, then lsd sometimes. Theres a few godcomps, or fps, kfc and shatterplays, But i have literally gone on 20+ game sprees where everygame is a hunter

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 10:52 AM ----------

People saying that pvp was more balanced before are completely wrong. look at arena representation atm. There is no comp diversity. Even if stuff was op in wrath and bc, the ladder didnt consist of 4 teams. Every single team didnt revolve around hunters, or its counter comp.

here ya go. Note- some of these classes are only in here because they were good at earlier patches this season, and the teams are still there. http://www.arenamate.net/
    Last edited by Myci; 2013-06-23 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.