Mods like MFR and TE have options to not allow the overrides. look in the other mods configs.

[QUOTE=laguy442;21507595]Tried loading GregTech into my existing world today. I had thought there were a bunch of config options at one time that were along the lines of "cheaper recipes" or something like that which you could alter how GT tries to override things. Didn't see that in your config pack. Is that from an old version? Tried google to see what I could find but didn't see where those were removed. Glad I had a backup since I forgot how much it tries to override other mods, and in particular IC2.[/QUOTE

Is under the hard recipes change them to true

15+ Year Old Account
    Updates!

• Optifine Updated
    • Red Logic Updated
    • Applied Energistics Updated
    • Extra Cells Updated (Java 6 Supported)
    • Extra Utilities Updated
    • nxMinetilities Updated
    • Additional Buildcraft Objects Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Waila Updated

More bugfixes today, nothing huge in the way of content.

new nxMinetilities should fix some of the bugs experienced with previous versions. We've done an updated spotlight for the mod since there are lots of new features. I suggest looking at it and checking it out. The block discussed at the end of the video should get you excited!

It would be nice if the size of the Quantum sponge was configurable. 65x65 is a large area, if I am too close to something else it might get rid of something unintentionally .

Well, just when you think it is safe to go back into the water, along comes another shark.

http://mcupdate.tumblr.com/post/5335...ning-at-mojang

"And finally, Minecraft 1.6 - the “Horse Update”, will be released next week! The update has leads, carpets, hard clay, donkeys, mules, and of course horses! This update requires a new Minecraft launcher to load. We’ll post more info about that here and on Mojang.com when it’s ready."

(/shakes head and wonders how mod makers can survive this much longer)

Me, personally. I am settling down for a nice long stretch with 1.5.2. Nothing to see here folks, keep moving.

Deleted
    *cough**cough*new buildcraft*cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    Well, just when you think it is safe to go back into the water, along comes another shark.

http://mcupdate.tumblr.com/post/5335...ning-at-mojang

"And finally, Minecraft 1.6 - the “Horse Update”, will be released next week! The update has leads, carpets, hard clay, donkeys, mules, and of course horses! This update requires a new Minecraft launcher to load. We’ll post more info about that here and on Mojang.com when it’s ready."

(/shakes head and wonders how mod makers can survive this much longer)

Me, personally. I am settling down for a nice long stretch with 1.5.2. Nothing to see here folks, keep moving.
    The constant minor updates is actually whats driving me away from Minecraft atm. Every minor update seems to break mods more and more and it doesn't seem like Mojang has a clue as to what they're doing. The texture pack change in 1.5 being the latest. They already scrapped it and did a new system in 1.6 which will fuck with mods yet again. Some would say "just don't update minecraft". Well, thats good and all but we end up missing out on new stuff mods bring out. They're gonna build the new stuff on the new version of minecraft, not the old. I would just like a steady update plan from Mojang. A minor update every few weeks is shit. I would much rather have a big update every 2-3 months over minor updates every 2-3 weeks.

I understand what you are saying Greevir. I always promise myself to stick with the current release and then I see some new widget that someone has implemented on a mod I am using and I just have to have that and so the cycle starts again. I fear this is going to be a big update mess on 1.6 again but hopefully I will be wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    The constant minor updates is actually whats driving me away from Minecraft atm. Every minor update seems to break mods more and more and it doesn't seem like Mojang has a clue as to what they're doing. The texture pack change in 1.5 being the latest. They already scrapped it and did a new system in 1.6 which will fuck with mods yet again. Some would say "just don't update minecraft". Well, thats good and all but we end up missing out on new stuff mods bring out. They're gonna build the new stuff on the new version of minecraft, not the old. I would just like a steady update plan from Mojang. A minor update every few weeks is shit. I would much rather have a big update every 2-3 months over minor updates every 2-3 weeks.
    In fairness 1.5 came out on March 13th with 1.5.1 on March 21st. That is 3 months tomorrow for 1.5.1.

I agree that it's killing mods though. The good news is Forge/MCP is working on ways to distribute without using any Mojang code. What this will hopefully mean is that mods will work for any version on MC as long as you're using Forge for that version (Probably wont be backwards compatible).

I guess it's time to dust off that 1.6.x list I created. Maybe make a new one. Thread will be making more changes. First of all will be regarding configs.

I know a lot of users use my configs after seeing the download numbers. That's great, and it's been fun trying to help out that way. Problem is it's a huge undertaking and responsibility. Going forward I'm not sure I will have the time or inclination to carry that on. From here on out I will be offering configs for mods that I use only. I will update the pack only occasionally and not offer a changelog or ID list like before. Trying to manage an entire pack of configs that appeals to everybody and includes mods that I don't even personally use is just something I can't continue. For 1.6 and beyond you can still use my configs, but I wont be offering any support for them.

On the positive side this means that I can include more mods that people want on the list without having to worry about making them all play nice together. I would much rather make this a large repository for mods than a place to basically get a modpack.

With that the list should grow. I'll be going through the forums and looking for new mods to bring to the list. I'll also be taking more submissions. From there I can seek out new mods, try them and creating spotlights.

That's about it for now.

-------------

• Buildcraft Updated

Will be a lot of other updates that will tie in to this. I don't know how much the new power system will break things. I'll get to more updates later tonight when I have time.

10+ Year Old Account
    All updates are goods. None broke each other's initialization. Not sure if old BC pipes would be compatible in a world full of old ones. Of course can't test that yet.

Extra-cells promised to be updated in Java 6, he compiled as he said in a java 6 compiler but loading the instance with it in it proves he is using some code from a Java 7 library breaking the launch. Oh well. Can't have everything.

Quote Originally Posted by heliophobicdude View Post
    All updates are goods. None broke each other's initialization. Not sure if old BC pipes would be compatible in a world full of old ones. Of course can't test that yet.

Extra-cells promised to be updated in Java 6, he compiled as he said in a java 6 compiler but loading the instance with it in it proves he is using some code from a Java 7 library breaking the launch. Oh well. Can't have everything.
    May I ask why can't you update to java 7?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have Java 7 running everything besides minecraft. We're told by the big boys at MCP to compile mods in Java 6 in thought of us mac/linux users. I honestly don't know a single reason why Java 7 won't work. I know it doesn't work, that's all I know off the top of my head.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 02:51 PM ----------

I wish someone had the solution, but when the solution can't be found with the forge boys, you know you're in trouble.
    Last edited by heliophobicdude; 2013-06-20 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heliophobicdude View Post
    I have Java 7 running everything besides minecraft. We're told by the big boys at MCP to compile mods in Java 6 in thought of us mac/linux users. I honestly don't know a single reason why Java 7 won't work. I know it doesn't work, that's all I know off the top of my head.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 02:51 PM ----------

I wish someone had the solution, but when the solution can't be found with the forge boys, you know you're in trouble.
    Java 7 with minecraft works fine on MAC. I use a MAC, just run MultiMC and change the path of your java from 1.6.0 to current and load with 2.9.0 LWJGL. Extra cells and other java 7 mods should work perfectly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcespi510x View Post
    Java 7 with minecraft works fine on MAC. I use a MAC, just run MultiMC and change the path of your java from 1.6.0 to current and load with 2.9.0 LWJGL. Extra cells and other java 7 mods should work perfectly fine.
    Thanks for the tip! Working on it right now.

-------

Perfect! I guess it just doesn't work with the window maximized option turned on in MultiMC; the screen would glitch out in maximize mode. Thank you so much. I'm such a noob.
    Last edited by heliophobicdude; 2013-06-20 at 08:48 PM.

hey guys what can i do to improve vision underwater?is there some kind of potion or?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kikisp View Post
    hey guys what can i do to improve vision underwater?is there some kind of potion or?
    I know that Optifine has an option to allow the user to toggle visibility under water. It's simply in the menu of menus that mod adds. If you've tried that already pelase let us in on what you mean exactly. I know viewing underwater is difficult added by the mechanics of Vanilla. Try the night vision potion. Hmm.

I run Java 7 on Linux Mint 15 x64 with multimc I have no issues, and i'm playing with 230 mods now... I need to control my addiction

Deleted
    night vision and aqua affinity on helmet

15+ Year Old Account
    Updates!

• Optifine Updated
    • Immibis Microblocks Updated
    • Red Logic Updated
    • Extra Cells Updated
    • Extra Utilities Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Open Peripheral Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated
    • Industrialcraft 2 Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • NEI Addon Updated

So... I had complaints that 16 choices of colour for the lights simply wasn't enough!

I know right!

Presenting.... The 24bit RGB multilight:

16,777,216 colour variations is enough... right?

...Greevir?