Poll: Do you think Bliz will actually nerf KJC?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I loved the spell, but it's simple to see why it's OP. Moving casters. Kinda takes away the thing casters have to deal with; moving. Moving should be a melee perk imo, nowadays we have too many cast-while-moving spells in WoW, KJC took the prize. So yeah, I think Blizz is right in nerfing it.

Should Drain Soul and Soul Fire be Inculded in KJC

To be honest, I really didn't think KJC needed a change, it was one of the few Lock talents that were actually worth a hoot, but Blizz doesn't like it's customers to be satisfied so here we are.

As affliction, 20% of the fight our " filler " is Drain Soul....and for other specs I think Soulfire still gets a buff at 20% of bosses health

It only makes sense to include them with the " reworked " KJC, does it not ? After all, it is 1/5 of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    To be honest, I really didn't think KJC needed a change, it was one of the few Lock talents that were actually worth a hoot, but Blizz doesn't like it's customers to be satisfied so here we are.

As affliction, 20% of the fight our " filler " is Drain Soul....and for other specs I think Soulfire still gets a buff at 20% of bosses health

It only makes sense to include them with the " reworked " KJC, does it not ? After all, it is 1/5 of the fight.
    it was OP, you can ask any lock not trying to hide it, or anyone that doesnt play a lock.
    drain soul being included in KJC would lead to such stupid things, Oh hey there pillar humping, dont mind if i have drain soul going while running around with no reduction whatsoever.

the only thing that would be maybe okay is chaos bolt for destros to actually use it

10+ Year Old Account

Moved this to the existing KJC discussion as it doesn't need it's own thread.

OT: No, I don't think so. This whole nerf is to make us more vulnerable to movement, including our better fillers when we have decent fillers we can use kinda makes the whole fact of trying to nerf it moot. Waht's left we CAN'T use then if they include those? No, there must be some limitation to the talent, also in order to keep the other talents interesting. The way they have it mind now is more then we could have possibly hoped for allready.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    it was OP, you can ask any lock not trying to hide it, or anyone that doesnt play a lock.
    drain soul being included in KJC would lead to such stupid things, Oh hey there pillar humping, dont mind if i have drain soul going while running around with no reduction whatsoever.

the only thing that would be maybe okay is chaos bolt for destros to actually use it
    Hunters are ok though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm not sure if I'd consider those situations "very rare".

They want FF to be the mobility option for anyone who chooses MF or AV
    Latest tweets suggesting putting it back by a glyph. I'm cool with that. And yeah, it is rare that hitting FF will drop your dots SP, it's almost always neutral, with probably same positive as there are negative. I know this because I watch Affdots and have noted it's something that's not that common; and as something that's not that common it really stands out when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    You really need to stop with the "sky is falling" posts in every thread. I'm not trying to attack you, but I haven't seen a single positive post from you since the 5.4 changes were announced.

Also, just because you don't play Affliction doesn't mean that Fel Flame weakening your DoTs wouldn't happen on a constant basis. Any fight with even minor movement would see Fel Flame nerfing Corruption and UA several times throughout the fight. Proper Affliction play is all about keeping the strongest DoTs possible, and any time you have movement and your procs aren't up, Fel Flame would simply be a dps loss. Blizzard and GC saw that fact (Thankfully) and fixed it.
    Huh? I'm the one saying even the original KJC nerfs wouldn't break the class and getting a lot of hate for disagreeing with the echo chamber.

Even so, I think I was amongst the first to suggest making a Glyph to switch it off for Affliction, as it would be helpful to those who play to that level (pro-tip, the overwhelming majority of 'locks don't even know about it, we here are a very fringe of the community being so well informed) but detrimental to Demo/Destro and PvP to remove it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    No, there must be some limitation to the talent, also in order to keep the other talents interesting. The way they have it mind now is more then we could have possibly hoped for allready.
    Why does there need to be a limitation, what's wrong with casting while moving, it was an awesome talent. Hunters are ranged and can attack and move no big whoop.
    If they want to keep other talents more interesting, the logical thing to do is ... well, ......to Make Them more interesting....not to ruin a great talent

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does there need to be a limitation, what's wrong with casting while moving, it was an awesome talent. Hunters are ranged and can attack and move no big whoop.
    If they want to keep other talents more interesting, the logical thing to do is ... well, ......to Make Them more interesting....not to ruin a great talent
    They also said time and again they're concerned about Hunters moving, Hunters themselves are concerned about their moving. Just because one class has, does not mean another should in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They also said time and again they're concerned about Hunters moving, Hunters themselves are concerned about their moving. Just because one class has, does not mean another should in any case.
    true, I often hear Hunters complaining that they are just too mobile

At this point, I accept KJC for what it is. I still would like to see Seed of Corruption addressed. Hellfire has movement baked in. Immo Aura and Rain of Fire are both passive channels. FnB Incinerate falls under KJC while FnB Immolate doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    true, I often hear Hunters complaining that they are just too mobile
    Yeah, they QQ that their DPS sucks because they're balanced around not being impeded by movement.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    At this point, I accept KJC for what it is. I still would like to see Seed of Corruption addressed. Hellfire has movement baked in. Immo Aura and Rain of Fire are both passive channels. FnB Incinerate falls under KJC while FnB Immolate doesn't.
    Yeah, Hellfire it's kinda necessary, melee range and all. What about all those passive ticking Corruptions?

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hmm so we get Spellpower, presumably from taking damage? I hope they close the loopholes on that one so it doesn't promote standing in poo, otherwise this might actually be a pretty good solution. Easily tuneable too, if it's too strong, or too weak.

Sapperwix said there might be another PTR push tomorrow or early next week, so let's hope they get it in that biuld so we can check it out.
    Remember, Vengeance is being reworked next patch to only stack from unavoidable AoE damage and anything single target. In other words, no more Vengeance from void zones. I'd assume AV would see the same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, they QQ that their DPS sucks because they're balanced around not being impeded by movement.
    I've not heard any Hunters make this argument, so I decided to go right to the source and see what they think

Just made the thread so no replies yet, but hopefully we'll see
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    It seems to me that the KJC change is a very reasonable compromise, but I think Drain Soul should be added to it, so should SF - they serve the same basic functions as MG and SB, respectively, so there's no reason not to.

AV being a vengeance-like mechanic is a fairly interesting idea, with the current changes to Fel Flame it might be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    It seems to me that the KJC change is a very reasonable compromise, but I think Drain Soul should be added to it, so should SF - they serve the same basic functions as MG and SB, respectively, so there's no reason not to.

AV being a vengeance-like mechanic is a fairly interesting idea, with the current changes to Fel Flame it might be worthwhile.
    I agree about SF and DS
    As affliction though, If FelFlame doesn't extend dots and it doesn't snapshot procs, when would an aff lock ever use it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that either they nerf it or keep it and then let mages, druids, and priests cast filler while moving.

As affliction though, If FelFlame doesn't extend dots and it doesn't snapshot procs, when would an aff lock ever use it ?

While moving, once KJC gets nerfed and AV gets buffed. That's basically the entire point of the last 3 pages...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I hope that either they nerf it or keep it and then let mages, druids, and priests cast filler while moving.

mages and priests are already very powerful in pvp with how they are at the mo, druids have a decent amount of mobility anyway, they dont have any long cast times, MG is different here, but personally it should of been dots castable on the move, not this, destro and demo have some spells that have long cast times which in pvp at the least dont hit hard against players

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    While moving, once KJC gets nerfed and AV gets buffed. That's basically the entire point of the last 3 pages...
    wont we be using MG while moving ? Or soulburn/soulswapping fresh dots, why would we waste time with felflame if we can be using mg, and felflame no longer has any effects on dots

wont we be using MG while moving ? Or soulburn/soulswapping fresh dots, why would we waste time with felflame if we can be using mg, and felflame no longer has any effects on dots
    Like he said, it's been discussed a ton over the past couple pages ... FF is for when you don't pick KJC
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.