Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Yeah I agree that pretty much every fight I've done in tot has been pretty shit. I seem to panic as soon as I start to move and completely forget how to play. I'm not sure whether it's something you learn over time or it's because I'm used to being a hunter and casting on the run. Are there any kind of addons that you really think I should use?

Currently using elvui and weak auras, pretty standard, but anything that could help me further while I try to adjust to the improvements that were suggested here.

Thanks a lot, and don't worry about the harsh tone, it's very much appreciated
    I have just rerolled to a SP after playing a prot pala for the last tier and some of this tier and i have been struggling with my dps but seem to be improving now i did pretty much the same as bombino and made massive weak auras for pretty much everything, if you want i can PM you the strings so you can use them when i get home from work. Gnosis cast bar and Halopro helped me out a lot as well and understanding what talents to use on which boss. There is a good guide on how to priest and gives you what talents to use.

Item Level 520
    Expectations: I'd say about 5% more than what I'm pulling now.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Baelic/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...um/damageDone/

I think the only thing I can see is that I need to shift more Crit into Mastery, but I'm not sure what else I could do. Any suggestions?

with low haste/gear, you'll generally get relatively less out of PI due to multiplicative haste stacking. you can get very good mileage out of twist of fate on horridon (adds abound, and your raid's dps is quite low so you should be able to keep TOF up for the entire door phase + most of the post-charge burn) and council (loa spirits + you burn the 4 elders into execute range for extra strong dots in between insanity phases). also, mastery probably isn't better than crit for you right now as you don't have UVLS or 4 piece.

try using TOF on horridon, council, and tortos (mindsear/haloing bats as well as killing turtle shells gives a very high uptime) and see how your damage goes.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    with low haste/gear, you'll generally get relatively less out of PI due to multiplicative haste stacking. you can get very good mileage out of twist of fate on horridon (adds abound, and your raid's dps is quite low so you should be able to keep TOF up for the entire door phase + most of the post-charge burn) and council (loa spirits + you burn the 4 elders into execute range for extra strong dots in between insanity phases). also, mastery probably isn't better than crit for you right now as you don't have UVLS or 4 piece.

try using TOF on horridon, council, and tortos (mindsear/haloing bats as well as killing turtle shells gives a very high uptime) and see how your damage goes.
    34% Haste in Shadowform is considered low? I'll give ToF a try during Horridon, never thought of that!

Your haste level is not fantastic, but its not horrible by any means either.

Your Mind Blast usage and your talent choices are your biggest weakness that I see in the logs posted.
    Most fights you're showing upwards of 11.3 seconds per Mind Blast, optimally this should be 9 to 9.5 with your talent choices, it should be one of your highest priority spells.
    As far as talents, as snaxattax posted, Twist of Fate is powerful on those fights, However due to the fact you have a near perfect dot uptime on single target (Jin'rokh) and some fairly solid uptime on multi dot, Horridon/Council, I'd suggest giving Divine Insight a go as well. You'll see a massive increase in Orb Generation and likewise Devouring Plague uptime. Specifically on a fight like council where you have a good chunk of the fight you can run 4 full SWP targets (You'll probably find yourself generating orbs faster than you can use them on one specific target)

Also as mentioned above, Crit should still take priority over mastery in your gear, by a solid amount. It isn't until you get the Lei-Shen trinket that this changes, and its not because mastery gets substantially better, its that crit becomes useless beyond 100%
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-06-22 at 07:06 AM.

Item Level: 526
    Expectations: About 10% more damage, or better 'relative' DPS compared to other classes on fights where SPs should be typically strong
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndusk/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2hvxdtyr8o8a6t8n/

Hello everyone. I don't think I'm a bad player per say. I use all the common tools of the trade to enhance my DPS, including Weak Auras for procs and AffDots to support when I should refresh SWP or VE. I tend to live most of the fights and not die to crap, but I think my overall DPS may be lacking.

I've posted logs from a fight that should be specifically SP-friendly, Horridon. As a guild, we're now into heroics and we've been butting heads with Horridon. Basically, we don't kill adds fast enough and while we can get past War God, the mountain we face is often too high and we simply hit the berserk timer. I know as an SP I could do a much better job. To be fair, we have trouble with adds so upping DPS during 'Cracked Shell' segments is a luxury we can't afford, but I know ultimately it's a catch 22 - if you don't poke Horridon during Cracked Shell, you dig yourself a hole that's hard to climb out of later on.

I spec into ToF and MF:I for it. I've dabbled using DI, but I don't think it matches the output of ToF. I am having a bit of a problem maintaining ToF uptime though, but it's pretty decent. I think overall what puzzles me is my spell priority beyond 'DP, MB, SWD' - especially when I drop DP and I need to do MF:I, but I know dotting all mobs also has good impact, but I seem to have problems walking that fine line.

My fellow SP in our guild is a strong player. I think we're both a bit low compared to our warlocks, although I think both are really good players. I shouldn't be that much further down the list than I am though (at least, I think so), and I think I should be doing more than my fellow SP considering he doesn't have his LMG yet. His VT output, for example, trumps mine. That is one point of opportunity I've identified, although the sequence (SWP, let the GCD go then VT, or chain VT into SWP?) is one I'm having problems with. The DPET when I sim my character seem to point to casting SWP first, but once again It's hard to maintain that discipline.

Hell, you might look at the logs and say 'Dude, you suck'. I'd actually welcome that, as it might open my eyes to a better overall approach. However, I think my current 'priority' list (DP>MB>SWD>SWP>VT>Halo>Flay) is not working out. When do I prioritize dots over other spells?

One thing of note - I've been unlucky on rolls and JUST got Breath of the Hydra - on the damage logs, I'm actually rocking Woo and Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (the 8880 haste proc). I know that last one is horrible (especially since I have LMG), but that's the best I had. Ultimately, you may tell me BotH is gonna make a world of difference. I sure hope so!

Thanks in advance for your input!
    Last edited by Voidsinger; 2013-06-22 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidsinger View Post
    Item Level: 526
    Expectations: About 10% more damage, or better 'relative' DPS compared to other classes on fights where SPs should be typically strong
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndusk/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2hvxdtyr8o8a6t8n/

Snip
    Alright few things first

Gearing

With the trinket you mentioned, it is definitely a fairly substantial upgrade, however you replaced the wrong trinket.
    Between the shado-pan trinket and the Wushoolay’s Final Choice you're currenting using, the Shado-Pan trinket is worth more.

Gemming is fine, but you're reforging wrong.
    Crit will be better than mastery with most talent sets until you get the Lei-Shen trinket.

If you're unsure about which piece is better, this is what you want to look at. http://warcraft.twintop-tahoe.com/?p=641

Rotation.

In your heroic Jin'Rokh kill you had an average time between mindblasts of approx 10.8 seconds, Ideally this should be around 9-9.5. Putting a higher priority on your mind blasts will improve orb generation and give you higher uptime on both Devouring Plague and Shadow Word Insanity.

Shadow Word: Death usage was good however, you're using it about 8-9 seconds between and leaving the non orb generating cast, which is indeed better. You can potentially improve the timing a bit (not sure if you're using a weak aura or other timer to monitor the cooldown or not) but its not bad.

Both your dots should have better uptimes though, You had 88.1% uptime on SWP and 80.3% on VT. Ideally these should be around 99 and 95+. It's hard to tell if you're using a proper dot timer from the gaps in the spells. Majority of the time you're letting it fall off for a second or two between extentions. Remember you can always refresh it early if you know you will be moving or unable to do so due to a devouring plauge/insanity. Also, SWP can be spammed on the move as a filler as it does its first tick up front on cast.

keep SWP up on everything you can during horridon, especially with tof up. with your top dps only doing 260k and most under 220k, you're going to get a huge amount of damage out of the adds.

Thanks for the clarification and great help. A few quick follow-up questions:

1) Do you delay DP to ensure you refresh dots (if they'd fall off during MF:I's duration). Do you do so even if there's about 4-5 seconds left on your dots and the refresh would be subpar (let's say, no good procs and maybe 75-80% of the initial dot value)? Or is it better to DP.MF:I immediately and let the dots drop for a few seconds if there are no good procs at the time?

2) Do you interupt MF:I for MB and SWD only then?

3) If you had a choice between MB off cooldown or SWD off cooldown (or off its 6 seconds timer, which I do track), which one would you go for?

Thanks again!

1) no, don't delay DP or insanity. you can have zero dots up and insanity is still better, unless UVLS procs.

2) yes, or a UVLS SWP

3) SWD, as it has a shorter cooldown between orbs (6 sec SWD vs ~9 sec for MB). the damage blast/death do is pretty irrelevant, it's orb maximization that we are worried about. the difference is quite minor, regardless.

Voisdinger:
    honestly, once u'll have the UVLS trinket, u'll do a lot more dommage on this fight as SP. I can advice you to use Cascade on this fight, it cna help you for your direhorn a lot. For the adds, it depends on your daid dps on it. I was used to use DP on them, but since our raid can burst them quite quickly, i only use DP on the boss. For the add try to always have both dots on them, to snipe with SW a lot and generate even more orbs, and some Mind Sear is good too.
    Important : Always keep your dots on the boss ! Try to MF:I between doors.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=792&e=1373
    Last edited by velinart; 2013-06-28 at 05:24 PM.

Item Level: 513
    Expectations: 80th+ percentile
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...laatrix/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6l593deynjn850vm/

I want to do as much as I can to help my raid, how can I increase my dps to help more? Thanks!

Need help with shadow priest dps

Hi Guyz.

I am fairly geared but I'm doing horrid dps. When I say horrid I mean its pathetic. I know my spell priorities and am sure I'm doing that part correctly. I have looked at howtopriest.com and They said..more haste the better, however I found that between breakpoints doesn't work. I have also tried to go crit over mastery and mastery over crit. Neither are getting me what I'm looking for. I would like to post my WoL but it wont let me. I am 535 ilvl and only did 140582.1 dps on Heroic Consorts. It was our first kill so I was able to try diff talent choices per attempt but they were all bad. Any help would be great.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n34yxw39rla6g017/sum/damageDone/?s=6316&e=6939

10+ Year Old Account
    Item Level: 531
    Expectations: I believe that i am not horrible at DPS but am looking for ways in which i can improve.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ABl/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: Including a full raid week's worth of logs
    -Raid day 1: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kzn7f2h24dm7c0ab/
    -Raid day 2: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2jdnyiqtqfr33dx6/

The DPSers in my guild are rather competitive and i am really struggling to not get left behind. I've read the various guides around to help improve my DPS and also use various addons to track my procs and dots. Basically what i'm after is to seek advice from all you experienced priests on how to improve myself further as i am terrible at interpreting logs.

Deleted
    Item Level: 537
    Expectations: I would love to get some feedback from experienced SP, because I play Priest as whole since halfway in 5.0
    Armory Liínk: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Gazpy/simple
    WoL: 2 separate ID's
    1st worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-scijc2473hitljwz/details/21/?enc=bosses
    2nd worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2umj2pvfor4ugr65/details/22/?enc=bosses
    Can't post any links so I had to do it like this ;<

My first question is if My MB usage is good, then What about casting SW:D only once if DP is up? does not SW:D 2nd usage dampen a damage a bit in that case of scenario? Is 4 set bonus really that awesome?(trading the 4set bonus for items with pure haste + mastery HCTF) And my last question is: Does my trinket really weight me that down as I think?(Elegon vs LFR hydra should be boost already, as Elegon is not PPM based or not?)
    It's hard to me to get feedback from some ppl that I should do more dps, but even whatever I try, it just can't be helped.

@Gazpy, couple things:

H-LotC isn't that good. Nearly any (minus ~maybe~ NM Wushoolay's) of the ToT trinkets are better and you're probably holding yourself back using it. This tier is all about RPPM trinkets, and while LotC's ICD makes its behavior more predictable, you'd get more mileage from a RPPM trinket. Secondly, imo, 4-set isn't that good. If you can get better itemized gear in other slots, I'd roll with that gear instead. If you can manage 535 double upgraded 4-piece w/ a H-TF off piece, that'd be a caveat as an alternative to, say, Ra-Den loot; but a few of our Tier 15 pieces are very poorly itemized (chest/hands) so go with whatever has the best itemization.

Also, SW: D should be used when it's available and definitely NOT only if DP is up. SW: D has a 6 second orb-generating CD, use this WA to track it:

Code:
    dG0HsaGifuCjbQIrbPQofKQCliv2LafdtHCmPulJq9mHyAkkxdszBsjFtj14uaNtjzDkQQMNck5EIQY(evvoiHyHc4HIQmrHKlQqTrfOpQOknsbQCsHuRKq6LkQkZukQBkqvTtj1pLIyOcKLQOYtvnvL6Qcu6RqsRvrvmxPiTxQ)cXGfQoSilwO8ybnzr5YGnReFMGrlQCAs9AfunBjUTuz3i(njdxsoUavPLt0ZHA6OUosBxr(UcY4HeNxkSErvvZxbLA)sv72E7N82Sp2VDWmlywhmR878Z8Z82hLMSSGb2dIU1RNncTiTgnWQ1rwjU1mVGUzT8B0KLfmWEq01AaXOTU1SzIx3oY6rIN5f0nBMpGsvIKbzoGpgklbP0e2pqt27Me8BE8GBFDM)rnk)uwMM1ksQGWsTGaiXEB2Nq72sTGaiXUUTFrLY82xQkG3(D0cR92SzZ(sqqRi7gvGVGurRm7h6TRB7TFifZQUnGc7h8u1lQpl1ccG0BFUrf4dtaH9PeyciSpR7Gm)mQmXAfXVLpmbe2ppvxSe3hVzLGpLOzFojfa2NIbeCfuk1PoWb8XvqPuN6a)NlLPgQpoQkz283hpkiX58PyabROYqGs0Sd4JPXGjGWNUSOrXhzC945M3ONNX(umGqjA2b8XkQmeOen7xvsnaPFifZQoKC6mWN1DqMz)kPsqcyCqsiuJ1kIRh5VOiS)yuQKagpuQHFrLY82NIbecmbshZVatqbrvbYeRK(5x(8PyajSKWyhWxQkG3(D0cR92SzFkgqkWeuCa)cmbf)zT8dljm2BFSMiua)GMl6XFB2S)IIWxN)GRB32ptJRkPgNtHdh7x3K(4nzUa(sqqRi7gvGVour81z(h1O6Jtu9XvYy(yofoCCqknH9d0K9UjbF)eLvoMFOQOKE762EWbwnQT4iIfpAwRbqtC7wEbDOfX1I9GdmBuR1Txfz0SzINTsClVGo0Iy2pLLPzTIKkiSuliasS3UUT3(SuliasV95gvGpMtmf7tjWeqy)eLv(WeqyFrczTI0hpyXPyfWhtJbtaHdsclAu8FqJBUzFkgqWvqPuN6ahWNs0SFvj1aK(yAmyci8PllAu8rYtKVr(wK52(umGqjA2b8XvqPuN6axhrCK1Rm7tjSuliasV9XvqPuN6axhrCK1RmB2SpLWsTGai92NIbekrZoGpLOzFojfa2hxbLsDQdCDeXrwVYSpH2TLAbbqIDTy)mnUQKAeDOI4hnHb5skeAA0HkcUPVckfKNlLPgcjkOtr0HdQKSMPzGFOsvYudrCaFgqHZtvusVDTyp4ad0cTvJwnaAZA1QvlXr8c6qlIzZUwS3(HQIs6TRB7bhy9k0e3cT2OnRL4vZISYlOdTiM9PewQfeaP3(4kOuQtDGRJioY6vM9zPwqaKE7ZnQaFmNyk2NsGjGW(jkR8HjGW(IeYAfPpEWItXkGpfdiuIMDaFkgqWvqPuN6ahWpKIzvhsoDg4Z6oiZhxbLsDQdCDeXrwVYS)IIW(JrPscy8qPg(fvkZBFkgqiWeiDm)cmbfevfitSs6NF5ZNIbKWscJDaFPQaE73rlS2BZM9PyaPatqXb8lWeu8N1YpSKWyV9XAIqb8dAUOh)TzZ(lkcFD(dUUDBFjiOvKDJkWxhQi(jkRCm)uwMM1ksQGWsTGaiXE762E7ZsTGai92NBub(HumR68XvqPuN6a)NlLPgQpoQkz283hpkiX58dPyw1HWnQaFmNyk2NsGjGW(SUdY8ZOYeRve)w(Weqy)8uDXsCF8Mvc(yAmyciCqsyrJI)dACZn7JvuziqjA2VQKAasFkgqWvqPuN6ahWpKIzvN)cLeYAfb9rVEr7J3hVpEFCjWujPporX9XrveKJAuieLsgRxuGK1lAVO9I2lAVO9I2lQpfdiyfvgcuIMDa)WCq4W9HjGW(WeqySpQIGKxWnoV5d5OgLpMgdMacF6YIgfFKX1JNBEJEEg7hsXSQdjNod8zDhKz2NsyPwqaKE7hsXSQZFHsczTIG(OxVO9X7J3hVpUeyQK0hhvrqoQrHqukzSErbswVO9I2lAVO9I2lAVOMnB2xN5FuJQpUmRHpH2TLAbbqIDTy)mnUQKAeDOI4hnHb5skeAA0HkcUPVckfKNlLPgcjkOtr0HdQKSMPzGzxhXB)qvrj921T9GOHw7rIhOvRrIxnAuK1I9c6qBMRf7brdT2JepqRwJeVA0OiRf7f0H2mxhXdIgAThjEGwTgjE1Orrwl2lOdTzM9PewQfeaP3(4kOuQtDGRJioY6vM9zPwqaKE7ZnQaFmNyk2NsGjGW(jkR8HjGW(5PuLm1qK(4bjvcsaJ7JJ(Vckf0ZNIbekrZoGpfdi4kOuQtDGd4hsXSQdjNod8zDhK5JRGsPo1bUoI4iRxz2Frry)XOujbmEOud)IkL5TpfdieycKoMFbMGcIQcKjwj9ZV85tXasyjHXoGVuvaV97Ofw7TzZ(umGuGjO4a(fyck(ZA5hwsyS3(ynrOa(bnx0J)2Sz)ffHVo)bx3UTVee0kYUrf4Rdve)eLvoMVoZ)OgvFCfPpEyMFkltZAfjvqyPwqaKyVDDBV9zPwqaKE7ZnQaFmNyk2NIbKCqQW5CmFkbMac7NOSYVcKHaHZbPcNZx8iFyciSFWbPcNZhtJbtaHdsclAu8FqJBUzFkrZ(CskaSpfdiuIMDa)CqQW5quvGmXkP)WkF(umGubYqGW5GuHZ5a(vGmeiCoiv4CiQkqMyL0FyLpFmngmbe(0Lfnk(i5jY3iFlYCBZ(ucl1ccG0BFkrZ(CskaSzZUwS3(SuliasV95gvGpMtmf7tXasoiv4CoGFoiv4CiQkqMyL0VFyNpFyciSFWbPcNZhtJbtaHdsclAu8FqJBUz)CqQW58h5tjA2NtsbG9X0yWeq4txw0O4JKNiFJ8TiZT9PyaHs0Sd4tjWeqy)eLvM9PewQfeaP3(uIM95KuayZMDDeV9zPwqaKE7ZnQaFmNyk2NIbKCkmRlAUHJ5tjWeqy)eLv(Weqy)GLO5(45LljtHmi1ywhI9X0yWeq4GKWIgf)h04MB2Ns0SpNKca7JPXGjGWNUSOrXhjpr(g5BrMB7tXacLOzhWNIbKeZPWHNIvahWpKIzvhsoDg4Z6oiZSpLWsTGai92Ns0SpNKcaB2SzFcTBl1ccGe76z(zACvj1i6qfXpAcdYLui00OdveCtFfukipxktnesuqNIOdhujzntZa)qLQKPgI4aMD9mV9dvfL0Bx321JCDepyR1d0EGvTfpkcATw1AG1EbDOT21ZC9iZ(ucl1ccG0BFCfuk1PoW1rehz9kFkrZ(CskaSpfdiuIMDaZ(HumR62akCWwLLyWhMac7NczTIG92hZjj7TFMcjKIzvNd4hsXSQZhvrqoQrHqukzS(45RpolPqVOOcPHlcvMWbZdtKXtaHXO)WGQii5fCJZB(qoQrnmONz)fnrJZ5TFMcjKIzvNd4hsXSQZhvrqoQrHqukzS(45Rporx6ffvinCrOYeoyEyImEcimg9hgufbjVGBCEZhYrnQHb9mB2NLAbbq6Tp3Oc8HjGW(yAmyci8PllAu8rgxpEU5n65zSFgvMyTI43YhMac7NNQlwI7J3SsWNs0SpNKca7tXacUckL6uh4a(4kOuQtDG)ZLYud1hhvLmB(7JhfK4C(umGGvuziqjA2b8PyaHs0Sd4tjWeqyFw3bz(yfvgcuIM9RkPgG0pKIzvhsoDg4Z6oiZS)IIW(JrPscy8qPg(fvkZBFkgqiWeiDm)cmbfevfitSs6NF5ZNIbKWscJDaFPQaE73rlS2BZM9PyaPatqXb8lWeu8N1YpSKWyV9XAIqb8dAUOh)TzZ(lkcFD(dUUDB)mnUQKACofoCSFFCFjiOvKDJkWxhQi(jkRCmFDM)rnQ(4yoXuSFkltZAfjvqyPwqaKyVDDBV9zPwqaKE7ZnQaFmNyk2NIbeojfaEoi4LQLqMJ5dtaH9fjK1ksF8GfNIvaFmngmbeoijSOrX)bnU5M9PyabxbLsDQdCaFkbMac7NOSYhtJbtaHpDzrJIpsEI8nY3Im32NIbekrZoGpLOz)QsQbi9XvqPuN6axhrCK1Rm7tjSuliasV9XvqPuN6axhrCK1RmB2SpH2TLAbbqIDTy)mnUQKAeDOI4hnHb5skeAA0HkcUPVckfKNlLPgcjkOtr0HdQKSMPzGFOsvYudrCmFgqHZtvusVD9mxpYSzZ(tUU9SrJmBda

The purpose of this WA is to alert you when you can hit SW: D to generate an extra orb -- which is just 6 seconds -- while inside its normal 8-second CD (as apposed to double tapping it and using 2 GCDs...though keep in mind in 5.4 we'll be double tapping since that WA I just linked will be obsolete as they're raising the timeframe for gaining an orb from SW: D from 6 to 7.5 seconds). The benefit of this is that you'll be able to get more DPs up when in execute range. More DP = more SW:I = more overall DPS. After that, I'd suggest giving PI a shot for some of the fights you seem to be using DI. I like using PI for IQ, but that's a personal preference. PI and DI perform very similarly at higher gear levels, but using it, you can get some absolutely fucking ridiculous burst on pull with a UVLS-amped SW: P/VT/3Orb DP -> MF:I combo.

Deleted
    Item Level 531
    Expectations: Hard to say, I just get the feeling that I could be doing more damage.
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akosa/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: I'm going to post logs from this past weeks raid. I would be very grateful if someone could take a look at them and see if there's anything I could do to improve.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-31v1rt6hpssto26t/ - Heroic Jin'Rokh kill with some attempts on Heroic Horridon
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-19pequj8kpnj3gnc/ - Heroic Horridon and up to Durumu on normal
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ud7s1mvui8f6lkhz/ - Cleared the rest on the raid on normal

I think my damage is decent enough but I can never seem to rank on WoL. I know there's a lot of cheesing the meters for top rankings, but surely in my gear I should be able to get a semi decent rank on normal mode at least? I've been very unlucky with trinkets (using VP one and raid finder Breath of the Hydra) and I'm only on 8/12 runestones but other than that, my gear is quite good. I switch my rank 5 talents around depending on the fight, Twist of Fate for Horridon and Tortos, Divine Insight on Council and for everything else I use Power Infusion. I especially feel like I could do more on Horridon heroic. I see people doing well over 300k on that fight, and yet I finished at only 206k. I try to keep up my dots on as many things as possible, Mind Sear when adds are bunched up well enough, SW: D snipe if I can (although it does feel very chaotic on this fight when you're trying to kite that dire horn at the same time so I'm probably not doing these things perfectly). I don't know, is it just the crappy trinkets are holding me back, or do I have a lot of room for improvement?

you had over a minute of wasted mindblasts on your jinrokh log. if you have trouble doing the lightning phase, this is understandable, but it's quite high. similarly with your horridon log, you were wasting 20%+ of your potential mindblasts. also, you should always blow cooldowns right before casting DP. you want PI to be up for both the DP damage as well as the insanity. you also potted on your jinrokh log randomly in the middle of the fight. you want to use your 2nd pot in execute phase unless there's some sort of burst damage phase (there isn't on jinrokh), as our damage increases substantially in execute due to SWD orbs.

you need to do a better job of mindblast on cooldown. get something which either gives you a numerical estimate of the remaining cooldown overlayed on top of your mindblast icon on your UI, or some sort of gnosis addon to track it.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-07-17 at 01:05 AM.

Item Level: 525
    Expectations: Just to get my dps up and find out what im doing wrong
    Armory Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...a1zal/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4720&e=5297

The WOL is from iron qon hc kill last night, i have some more logs if needed. I have recently just rerolled to this SP, i use weak auras to track mostly everything. I just seem to be straggling, maybe im moving around in the fight to much. Just wanted some tips if poss!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    you had over a minute of wasted mindblasts on your jinrokh log. if you have trouble doing the lightning phase, this is understandable, but it's quite high. similarly with your horridon log, you were wasting 20%+ of your potential mindblasts. also, you should always blow cooldowns right before casting DP. you want PI to be up for both the DP damage as well as the insanity. you also potted on your jinrokh log randomly in the middle of the fight. you want to use your 2nd pot in execute phase unless there's some sort of burst damage phase (there isn't on jinrokh), as our damage increases substantially in execute due to SWD orbs.

you need to do a better job of mindblast on cooldown. get something which either gives you a numerical estimate of the remaining cooldown overlayed on top of your mindblast icon on your UI, or some sort of gnosis addon to track it.
    Yeah, I pretty much stop DPS during lightning phase to ensure I don't die. I used my second potion in a pool (I think it was when Power Infusion came off CD but I'm not 100% sure). Never thought to save it for execute phase, I'll keep that in mind for the future. As for Horridon, I didn't realise my Mind Blast was so bad. I do use TellMeWhen to track the cooldown of Mind Blast but I guess I wasn't using it as much as I could have due to how hectic the fight is. Should casting Mind Blast take priority over trying to multidot everything?

Thanks for the post.