Page 1 of 89
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Manga] Fairy Tail (Spoilers)

This thread is for discussing the manga for the series Fairy Tail. For Fairy Tail fans who watch the anime, there will be spoilers in this thread. For anime-related discussion, see http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ime-Fairy-Tail

Okay, most recent chapter, Ultear doesn't kill Rogue, and confesses to Milliana about her role in Simon's death and Jellal's evil deeds. Sting and Rogue team up for their dragons. Gray is about to say something to Juvia, then gets shot to hell by mini-dragons.

The next chapter is called "The Time of Life", which leads me to believe Gray's death is probably temporary.

Deleted
    Yay, our own thread for the manga lovers <3

And it was kinda odd to see Ultear to confess to killing Simon. I think it was her way to atone for her sins, maybe. About the Sting & Rogue's tag team match: I think they have too much of an advantage on that. Future Rogue had instructed the dragons to not harm the present Rogue, obviously because if he dies the future Rogue stops to exist. And like you already said in the [Anime]-thread, that last silhouette shot of the laser going through Gray's forehead.... A piece of me died there.

The next chapter is called "The Time of Life", which leads me to believe Gray's death is probably temporary.
    I'm kinda torn about the lines in the last pages: "The sacrifice of the precious thing known as 'Life'... The time known as 'Life', cannot be rewound.." That would indicate otherwise.. But there's some light regarding next week though:

10+ Year Old Account
    I read a theory that the Gray who was shot might have been an Ice Clone, and that that is what he was about to tell Juvia, but the two flaws in that theory is that there was obvious blood, and Gray's not good at making the living Ice molds, Lyon is.

Also, I notice he doesn't say "pleasantly surprised", just "surprised".

I'd still be shocked if he's permanently dead though. I'm still surprised Future Lucy died.

Deleted
    Yeah you're right. It might not be a good surprise, lol :P And definitely agree with you, that couldn't have been an Ice Clone. I don't think that even Lyon could make his Clones to 'bleed' unless he's gotten godly with his Ice Make -magic. But there must be something involving Ultear, she can't just suicide and be done with it...

And this last arc has been filled with blood/character deaths etc. I'm kinda afraid to ask what awaits us next week.

He's definitely not dead.

As I said in the other thread, I'm 90% sure Ultear is going to revive him.

The title of the next chapter is "The Time of Life".

It's either a deep chapter title as in it delves into a few other characters dying/almost dying, or Ultear legitimately using a spell that rewinds damage done to a person at the cost of her life.

Yes, the Arc of Time doesn't affect living beings, but that doesn't mean that if that person using their own living life force or something, it can't affect another person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

God bless this thread, spoilers were fucking annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    New chapter out, spoilers below if you haven't read it.

And just like that, Gray is alive again, as well as a few other minor characters inside and outside the guild. Ultear's dead though, probably for good, unless there was a flaw in the magic that made her not giver her entire life.

I'm kind of curious as to why the dragons don't seem to be able to remember the future as well. I'm guessing it's because they are from a different time, but it's odd that they were sent back by the magic, but apparently not with the memory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    New chapter out, spoilers below if you haven't read it.

And just like that, Gray is alive again, as well as a few other minor characters inside and outside the guild. Ultear's dead though, probably for good, unless there was a flaw in the magic that made her not giver her entire life.

I'm kind of curious as to why the dragons don't seem to be able to remember the future as well. I'm guessing it's because they are from a different time, but it's odd that they were sent back by the magic, but apparently not with the memory.
    Well, they probably did. But remember, in that future, they hit their targets, so from their perspective, there's nothing to worry about. Quite the contrary, actually, since they "see" they've hit their target, they would fire the shot with more confidence even.

That is a little weird Zoma but I think it's more that the people knew how to avoid dying and knew how to react and did so this time, than it was anything that the dragons could do.

NOOOOO

Ultear don't die....

but her life was only worth 1 minute? Slap in the face. Sad she died without even knowing what that 1 minute was worth.

Now who are Kagura and Miliana gonna kill?

Btw did Ultear really kill Simon? I swore it was Jellal. Was she just taking the blame?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was Jellal wo actualy killed him but he was beign manipulated by Ultear at the time, he thought he was posesed by zeref.

I feel sad for Ultear now :'( having a horible childhood and thenn ending without ever having a normal life.
    Last edited by Reluctant; 2013-06-14 at 09:26 PM.

:O...Ultear was pretending to be Zeref?! Wtf?! I thought she was just in on the scheme manipulating him but...errr...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    :O...Ultear was pretending to be Zeref?! Wtf?! I thought she was just in on the scheme manipulating him but...errr...
    Hehe, that was revealed a looong time ago You seem to have missed something ^^

As for today's chapter, not really surprising to me. Seeing the title for it already convinced me something like this was going to happen.
    I'm kinda hoping that Ultear is not dead YET. She needs to survive long enough to find out that that 1 minute was an important minute. Now it's kinda sad that she dies, thinking her sacrifice was meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account

I was kind of rushing throu those chapters. I just started reading Fairy Tail when like chapter 150? Was current. Thanks for explaining lol.

I hope Ultear is dead. That tree dude Elza fucked up died when he used his power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Well, they probably did. But remember, in that future, they hit their targets, so from their perspective, there's nothing to worry about. Quite the contrary, actually, since they "see" they've hit their target, they would fire the shot with more confidence even.
    Scary thought, what if the humans had been winning before Ultear set time back? She could have killed them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta admit, for the past week I've been thinking, for the first time in my life, "This BETTER be retconned!". Seriously, I only made the transition from anime to manga after the last anime episode, so from my perspective I had just switched when my fave char gets killed. Glad he's back^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the new chapter is out.

And can somebody explain to me what that diary was saying?
    Wasn't Fairy Tail using multiple timelines, which would make changing the present completely useless to change the other timelines' futures?

Also, why am I not surprised Natsu ended up destroying the gate? ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    New chapter out.

I'm kind of confused by the ending of this chapter. It seems like the fight is over. Future Rogue looks like he's down for the count, and the Eclipse gates have been destroyed. I assume it's not over though, since it would be anti-climatic since there are still dragon fights going on. The only reason I can think of for Future Rogue to be down so early is if something bigger is coming.