Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

What if LFR dropped heroic blues / no tier

I keep hearing people talk about how they dont have time to raid so they LFR

Im curious if these people would still choose the LFR route if the drops were like heroic dungeons... Heroic blues

Looking for a serious answer to this please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara senko View Post

Im curious if these people would still choose the LFR route if the drops were like heroic dungeons... Heroic blues

people would QQ because the gear is different, tho it was designed more for seeing content

After reading few threads like "RNG sucks, give us loot from LFR", you'll know that most of the people who raid LFR raid mainly for the gear and obviously see the content.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

simple no 1 would run it more than once, as thyed proberly outgear it

10+ Year Old Account
    This is never going to stop...

Wouldn't run it, what would be the point?

I started very simmilat tread a while ago (at start of T14) and only thing you will get is raging replyes how elitist is your post and point of view. I suggested to drop same stats only blue color so I expect even harsher critique and rage than was in my case

10+ Year Old Account
    Iwouldbeokaywiththis.jpg.

I mean I still think LFR is the wrong way to display a raid to the public, I think it encourages bad habits, laziness and apathy toward gearing and exploring more difficult aspects of WoW, as well as diminishing the grandeur of the encounter mechanics and boss presence, but this change would be a superfluous one that I'd dig fine.

It'd just raise the question of ...after the first tier then what? Will the second tier drop slightly better blues? Or crappy epics...how would that system scale? I mean right now without Flex as a stepping stone... this is a problem but who knows. Maybe this'll become the one true progression path!

LFR as a fast track catch up scheme alongside dungeons and then pugging for flex raids! And then Normals, and should you desire it, heroics? Hmmm.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Id prefer it that way
    Bane

lol what? the only way your going to get a serious answer is if you did a survey on everyone that does lfr or at least a high majority of subscribers then weigh up the result/average etc.

Now for a not so serious post;

What if these threads insinuating anything lower than whats avaliable now in LFR stopped popping up?
    Wouldnt this forum be just a bit of a better place......
    Fucking sick of these lfr threads over and over going on about lfr, this forum needs some life in it for christ sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    Wouldn't run it, what would be the point?
    To see the content like it was intended ;D

I think that would work great for the first tier LFR. Second tier LFR should give gear equivalent to the previous tier normal mode imho.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Why does it matter?

Looking for a serious answer.

Deleted
    Purples haven't meant anything for a long time. Should just leave it be as the lower item level is enough of a gap. That said, something does need to be done with LFR. Perhaps a tune up in difficulty and requiring the players to get gold in the proving grounds thing that's coming in 5.4 before they are able to queue for a LFR. The fact that you can clear it without wipes with over half the raid afk/semi afk is pathetic.

If you mean changing the color of the item to blue but not reducing the stats or changing anything else, I don't think it will make much of a difference to anyone. It wouldn't accomplish anything either.

If you mean that LFR would drop the same items as heroic 5-mans, noone would do them as gear progression is what motivates 95%+ of people who play this game.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I wouldnt do LFR...would do once maybe to check fights but would avoid for casual gear progression because farming dungeons/scenarions would be more time efficient for gear/valor.

Most probably I would do LFR couple of weeks, do dungeons/scenarios another couple of weeks in addition to that, cancel my account and return few months later on next patch because there would be pretty much nothing to do after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only go for tier and trinkets. If they took those out, I'd go back to not running it. I just started so I could have some more fun with guildies and was able to gear up a full offspec in 2 weeks, I'm enjoying it. Don't take the fun away from those who enjoy it.

The vast majority of players in the game these days don't actually care about the color border on the items. It's only those who've been playing a long time who somehow think the border color actually means anything, and there aren't many of them left.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

What if people would just stop making posts about LFR?

But if LFR dropped heroic dungeon ilevel gear I'd run it once for the story. Maybe again if I needed a item that didn't drop from a dungeon.

No. Heroic dungeons, 5 mans, are for that kind of loot. Honestly, I'm 10 folds over sick of hearing about this old, boring topic now. There's nothing left to get out of it. People voice the same opinions, literally, EVERY. TIME. EVERY TIME. If people seriously are going to gripe about LFR, then I'd like 10 mans removed cuz it's easier to get people for them. I hate that they get the same ilvl gear as 25m raiders. They don't deserve it. See how stupid I sound? LFR is so many ilvl's behind ANY normalcy of raiding, it honestly doesn't matter what so ever. The gear is garbage, and the valor gear is better. It's good for 'filling in' that's about it. Leave the people that run it alone to do as they please. Not hurting anyone else. At all.

Blue's have said a dozen and a half times it's for gear for those who don't have the time to raid, with families, ect. Or whatever else people have going on. Life shouldn't stop someone from getting minimal gear in a video game.