Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jax. Give up buddy, just not worth it anymore. Dont waste your time trying to prove something to them that they are clearly in denial about.
    As for the guy that said he will lose his raid spot because he wont have SS anymore...I cant remember that, but I do remember me saying that I do interrupt in raids for my guild and we dont have the luxury to pick and chose who we want, is that a crime? oh look at me, just told Jax to stop now I am ranting again! Sorry to have wasted all the PRO hunters's time, I just want my interrupt, and if you not gona use it, then dont.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 5.4 is approaching, and we're only now learning the subtext of, "Bring the player, not the class."

That being: "Your hunter players have alts, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Patch 5.4 is approaching, and we're only now learning the subtext of, "Bring the player, not the class."

Already preparing my Boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post

Leveled up a lock not that long ago lol

10+ Year Old Account
    More hunter nerfs and yet they find reasons to justify and buff mages,gj blizz.
    Here come the Irish.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scriix View Post
    Leveled up a lock not that long ago lol
    My lock alt is up to about ilvl 500 now ... a way yet to go, but it's a start!

Jax. Give up buddy, just not worth it anymore. Dont waste your time trying to prove something to them that they are clearly in denial about.
    LOL, it just amazes me that people can be so ignorant about their own class and more so their own toon... I just do not get it. We are the only class that has people that are doing shitty say they are doing great...
    It just drives me crazy...
    You dont see 3 or 4 resto shaman out the community saying how great they are cause they cheesed some fights and topped a guild run... they are universally together that they are bad and why they are bad and they are speaking in 1 voice to Blizz...

Hunters are all over the fucking board and some actually think we are just fine...

/shm

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    LOL, it just amazes me that people can be so ignorant about their own class and more so their own toon... I just do not get it. We are the only class that has people that are doing shitty say they are doing great...
    It just drives me crazy...
    You dont see 3 or 4 resto shaman out the community saying how great they are cause they cheesed some fights and topped a guild run... they are universally together that they are bad and why they are bad and they are speaking in 1 voice to Blizz...

Hunters are all over the fucking board and some actually think we are just fine...

/shm
    we are not fine but we arent that bad as you point out. in 25 man i seen hunters do competitive damage. in 10 man is prolly another story because you wont have a chance to ignore mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    More hunter nerfs and yet they find reasons to justify and buff mages,gj blizz.
    World of PVP....ever since TBC. Arenas ruined alot of cool spells, and abilities for PVE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do happen to think we need a few buffs. I enjoy playing my hunter and the fluidity of moving while casting or shooting in our case but I'm not happy where we are dmg wise. I'm willing to make a trade off in some dmg but currently I think the cost is probably to high.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

we are not fine but we arent that bad as you point out. in 25 man i seen hunters do competitive damage. in 10 man is prolly another story because you wont have a chance to ignore mechanics.
    Here is the hunter problem in a nut shell IMO...

Just because you have seen a hunter do top 5 dps in a raid you think the class is fine... I see hunters all the time top 5 in LFR too... does that make them fine?
    The point is when playing a hunter with others of equal talent and gear... hunters get owned, not beat, owned... Reread this thread, I have taken the time to show 2 guys who think they are fine cause they top their guilds that we are not. There is another thread where the same thing was posted several times...

One dude said our dps was fine and his logs showed him doing 18th in his 25 man... ya thats fine?
    Next dude said he was top on all his fights but multidot fights... his logs showed him never in first and that he was playing with vastly inferior players is why he was so high in guild.
    I even had a dude that tried to link his top 2-3 Leishen/Raden kills to prove hunters were great, yet 3 weeks later he did MORE dps on the fights and plummeted to 9th in his guild. (if you dont know what that means its that he linked a log that was with back up/none geared raiders so it made him look good, I found a real log of the top raiders and he dropped to middle in the guild...)

You may think its not bad, and I will respect your opinion.

However, when every numerical fact says we are pretty bad, the top hunters in the world say we are brought only for "agil mail gear soak", my personal experience shows we are trending downward rapidly and have been for a long time, and you add the fact that every recent patch has seen a hunter buff right after Dumbasscrawler said we are fine... I think Ill trust my opinion and what I know to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Here is the hunter problem in a nut shell IMO...

Just because you have seen a hunter do top 5 dps in a raid you think the class is fine... I see hunters all the time top 5 in LFR too... does that make them fine?
    The point is when playing a hunter with others of equal talent and gear... hunters get owned, not beat, owned... Reread this thread, I have taken the time to show 2 guys who think they are fine cause they top their guilds that we are not. There is another thread where the same thing was posted several times...

One dude said our dps was fine and his logs showed him doing 18th in his 25 man... ya thats fine?
    Next dude said he was top on all his fights but multidot fights... his logs showed him never in first and that he was playing with vastly inferior players is why he was so high in guild.
    I even had a dude that tried to link his top 2-3 Leishen/Raden kills to prove hunters were great, yet 3 weeks later he did MORE dps on the fights and plummeted to 9th in his guild. (if you dont know what that means its that he linked a log that was with back up/none geared raiders so it made him look good, I found a real log of the top raiders and he dropped to middle in the guild...)

You may think its not bad, and I will respect your opinion.

However, when every numerical fact says we are pretty bad, the top hunters in the world say we are brought only for "agil mail gear soak", my personal experience shows we are trending downward rapidly and have been for a long time, and you add the fact that every recent patch has seen a hunter buff right after Dumbasscrawler said we are fine... I think Ill trust my opinion and what I know to be true.
    don't go saying I said we were fine, u bashed my post but if u actually read it I said we were not fine despite ppl being top in their guilds, or did u think being 8th in reality and 10th in theory is me saying we're fine? reading comprehension lacking?

but we arent that bad as you point out
    We are every bit as bad as he points out, your wrong.

I see the problem is it seems the hunter community wants to argue semantics or "I have see hunters do competitive dps" type posts just so they can look cool or something, it is the most irratating and ignorant thing about the hunter community.
    You haggle over if one hunter says we are bad or if its not quite as bad as he says compared to what you saw cause you saw a hunter do competitive damage?

Seriously mind blowing, I read other classes boards and I dont see hunters arguing with each other about how one thinks we are a tiny bit less bad than another, what kind of silliness is that?

Please lets water down the point, and argue with each other over semantics and make the hunter community look even worse (if possible) than the huntards we are considered by infighting about how "I have seen hunters do comepetitive dps" in lfr? or playing against vastly inferior skilled people?

Seriously?

u bashed my post
    He didnt bash your post, he was bashing your mind set, as am I. In fact I am bashing the majority of the community for thinking the same way. We sit at lower middle dps in 25 heroic progression and we argue amongst our selfs if that number is 10th on a fight or 9th. Ya thats smart, how about lets stop the stupidity and try and work together to get things better for everyone?

sigh

Bashing the mindset that we're the 2nd to last DPS in theory with no utility except having a ranged threat transfer and an AoE sunder? That we have no chance competing on a fight where there is a limited amount of targets and not in a position to AoE?

The only reason I even mentioned my position in raids is that there are others who says we're fine because they are top and with that putting their heads down into the sand while they are, just like me, playing with people who are not at the same level as them while the MATH and the public logs compared through raidbots both say we're in a bad spot when compared to other classes ranked DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    Bashing the mindset that we're the 2nd to last DPS in theory with no utility except having a ranged threat transfer and an AoE sunder? That we have no chance competing on a fight where there is a limited amount of targets and not in a position to AoE?

The only reason I even mentioned my position in raids is that there are others who says we're fine because they are top and with that putting their heads down into the sand while they are, just like me, playing with people who are not at the same level as them while the MATH and the public logs compared through raidbots both say we're in a bad spot when compared to other classes ranked DPS.
    Pretty much this..

I have always played in very high ranked PVE guilds for the past 4 or 5 years. Never have hunters been OP for more than a week, before a hotfix would bring them back to average. I have always taken pride in matching up with the "skilled" classes, and making sure to go out of the "HUNTER EZ MODE", HUNTER OP, LOL HUNTER stereotype, by basicaly trying to play perfect, at any time.

If you my fellow hunters by any chance manage to outdps equaly geared Mages, Warlocks, Rogues, etc...the only truth is that you are better @ your class, than they are. Wont even go into what a hunter brings utility wise to a raid, because frankly if i was a raid leader i woudnt bother to bring more than one for AoE sunders. And i wont even go into AoE...or Raid cooldowns, or personal cooldowns, because its just laughable...

Go on flame all you want...Hunters are at best an average class, we dont excell on anything...and blizzard just doesnt care or doesnt know how to fix this.

Blizzard should care about PvE hunters. Its okay balancing specs, but silencing shot doesn't affects dps. What makes BM different than the other specs are the exotic beasts, that could buff, debuff boss, heal, and stuff like that. We really need useful classes in the raide comp. like locks, that have healthstones and Demonic Gateway, mages that have their sick dps, time warp, area stun, and stuff like that, shamans have their totems, druids have tranquility, inervate, palladins got hands of protection, divine shield, lay on hands... That's what i mean, what hunters would have? Nothing but a 5 min cd cool companion zoo. The only reason to have a hunter in the party is that if you're missing some buff, you can call a hunter, but don't ask him for interrupt or do mage's dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that more utility is what most people are asking for. Rogues have less utility then hybrids or caster too yet they still get raid spots since their dps is fine.

The only thing which has to be done for hunters is buffing their dps slightly so they get at least a little closer towards mages and they need to keep silencing shot. There is no reason to remove the interrupt ability from hunters only when every other class still keeps them. Their excuse that keeping it in the talent trees will force everyone into speccing it is nonesense. Why aren't they just making silencing shot a baseline ability for every spec then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post
    Why aren't they just making silencing shot a baseline ability for every spec then?
    Because minigames.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vuaasshh View Post
    That's what i mean, what hunters would have? Nothing but a 5 min cd cool companion zoo. The only reason to have a hunter in the party is that if you're missing some buff, you can call a hunter, but don't ask him for interrupt or do mage's dps.
    I wouldn't even bother in a 10man, the net-gain of bringing another mage would be higher then trying to get that buff. And soon you will get another interupt and maybe some more cool buttons a hunter isn't bringing.

but we arent that bad as you point out. in 25 man i seen hunters do competitive damage.
    I was actually only bashing this part of your post. It is a serious problem and what causes hunters concerns to go unfixed for years. We have several very vocal hunters trying to convince the vast majority we are "fine" or "not as bad" as stated.

I apologize if I was snippy with you, that was not my intention... I just have become completely jadded by the hunter communities lack of understanding and when one does actually have a small understanding they downplay it by saying its not as bad as portrayed.