Poll: From where will Enchanted Fey Dragon come...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizzcon online pass/doggie-bag bonus.

I'm really hoping it's a blizzard store mount. I'd like to ride around panda land like a sir.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Either TCG or Mount Store.

I'll cut this idea off right now. It's not related to next expansion.
    Well, it's not TCG. They just revealed the new expansion and the theme is "Caverns of Time." All the loot cards are reprinted from the older iterations of the game.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    I seriously doubt it's going to be a TCG mount. The TCG mounts haven't had a genuinely unique mount model in literally 4 years, when Fields of Honor was released (the Magic Rooster mount).

Since then, and even largely before then, every mount has either been a reskin, a reskin with ever-so-slight model changes (ie. armour/removed armour, little tiny symbols added, particle effects etc), or just a mob creature with a saddle (like the Rhino mount).

I find it hard to believe given this trend that TCG is going to get a completely original model. Not to mention the very first colour-changing mount.

My bet? Most likely a store mount (ALL of these have had new models, even if the animations haven't been), or the mount for the next Annual Pass. Given that Blizzcon is in November and will announce the new expansion, it's likely they'll have a new Annual Pass for it - this mount would suit it.

We've JUST got a mount from the Blizz-store. The mount before the Bloodwing - the Swift Windsteed - was released on January 8th and first teased in October, 2 and a half months beforehand. The Bloodwing was released (without teaser...I think) on May 30th. That gives a nearly 6 month gap between the releases of new mounts. We've now known of this Faerie Dragon for a good few months...I doubt we'd have to wait until December to see it.

Though that said, we'd only find out about the Annual Pass around 2 weeks before Blizzcon, if the pattern repeats itself. Which would only put this a month and half before December anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    Though that said, we'd only find out about the Annual Pass around 2 weeks before Blizzcon, if the pattern repeats itself.
    Pretty sure the first one was announced at Blizzcon, not before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Pretty sure the first one was announced at Blizzcon, not before.
    I thought so at first too, but then I remembered that it mentioned in it's wording that you'd get Beta access to "the next World of Warcraft expansion", instead of just stating the expansion as Mists of Pandaria. Since we found out all about the expansion at Blizzcon, there'd have been no reason for the vague wording if the Annual Pass had been announced there.

So I checked when it was announced on the old interwebs, and indeed, Blizzard announced it around 2 weeks before Blizzcon.

I could provide a source if you want, but you'll be able to find out from a quick Google search anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    I thought so at first too, but then I remembered that it mentioned in it's wording that you'd get Beta access to "the next World of Warcraft expansion", instead of just stating the expansion as Mists of Pandaria. Since we found out all about the expansion at Blizzcon, there'd have been no reason for the vague wording if the Annual Pass had been announced there.

So I checked when it was announced on the old interwebs, and indeed, Blizzard announced it around 2 weeks before Blizzcon.

I could provide a source if you want, but you'll be able to find out from a quick Google search anyway.
    Funny, all the announcements I'm seeing are dated October 21, 2011, which was the first day of Blizzcon. I also distinctly remember watching Mike Morhaime announce it on the livestream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Funny, all the announcements I'm seeing are dated October 21, 2011, which was the first day of Blizzcon. I also distinctly remember watching Mike Morhaime announce it on the livestream.
    Ahhhh my mistake then. I thought Blizzcon happened around the first/second week of November (which indeed, it is happening around that time this year), so I figured they must've announced it a bit beforehand.

Fair enough man, I got that one wrong.

I would guess Annual Pass 2.0, announced during Blizzcon, obviously.

This won't be a TCG mount. All TCG mounts (discluding the riding turtle) are all recolors of existing mounts and not new models. I'm also aware that the next set of the WoW TCG will not have this as a loot card. Most likely a mount for the store.

Achievement mounts usually always have multiple colors and from what I've seen, no one colors exist of this mount. So that will scratch TCG mounts as well. They're always recolors of existing mounts. So that leaves a few other options. With a mount so unique, I'd like to think they will give access to lots of people, so it can't be something like Blizzcon. My guess is the annual pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's from the annual pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's way too pretty to be acquired in-game. Has to be a store mount. They'd make a killing.
    Look! Words!

I'm hoping it's a store mount. So I actually have a chance to get it. I have no interest in TCG nor do I want to spend hundreds of $$$ on ebay or the like to get this mount. It could be a hearthstone related reward or as others have said maybe the new AP mount

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

If it IS the Annual Pass mount, that could really point to the next expansion being Emerald Dream related, since the mount for the previous pass had to do with Diablo III's release.

It being a store mount is also very likely, since we know now what the new TCG rewards are, I believe. That said, we just got the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I'm hoping it's a store mount. So I actually have a chance to get it. I have no interest in TCG nor do I want to spend hundreds of $$$ on ebay or the like to get this mount. It could be a hearthstone related reward or as others have said maybe the new AP mount
    Whatever, just not TCG.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    I believe the Enchanted Fey Dragon is going to be Emerald Dream's version of:

Heart of the Aspects store mount came out about a month before MoP launch, and it also was a sample of the kinds of mounts that came in MoP, i.e., cloud serpents. The fey dragon just seems to fit this perfectly, being a store mount a month or so before next expansion pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The heart of the aspects had nothing to do with MoP in the slightest.
    The heart of the aspects shared a skeleton with the wind serpents. But the heart of the aspects was supposed to represent the bullet fired out of the dragon soul at Deathwing.

Nothing to do with MoP, more to do with 4.3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The heart of the aspects shared a skeleton with the wind serpents. But the heart of the aspects was supposed to represent the bullet fired out of the dragon soul at Deathwing.

Yes, it related to something we saw in 4.3, but it also didend up being indicative of the models we saw in Mists-- remember that the Cloud Serpents were one of the first things we saw as a finished model-- Blizzard was probably already working on them, which may have colored their design of the Dragon Soul bullet and the mount.

Remember that they plan expansions very far in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchReckon View Post
    Honestly just make it an achieve please. tired of seeing a dev's afternoon of work become 10-15$ x tens of thousands in the profits, unless it's for a good cause like cinder kitty
    How dare Blizzard makes profits! I think you are forgetting that it is a business, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Yes, it related to something we saw in 4.3, but it also didend up being indicative of the models we saw in Mists-- remember that the Cloud Serpents were one of the first things we saw as a finished model-- Blizzard was probably already working on them, which may have colored their design of the Dragon Soul bullet and the mount
    The Cloud Serpents might've been one of the first models we saw ... but the Heart of the Aspects shares no similar model or animations. The only similarity between the two is that they're both long 'eastern-style' dragons. Literally the only relation between the two. If the skeletons were the same, then they would look the same. Cloud Serpent is an entirely new rig from the HotA.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    The Cloud Serpents might've been one of the first models we saw ... but the Heart of the Aspects shares no similar model or animations. The only similarity between the two is that they're both long 'eastern-style' dragons. Literally the only relation between the two. If the skeletons were the same, then they would look the same. Cloud Serpent is an entirely new rig from the HotA.
    Yes, and I didn't say they shared the same model or skeleton-- I said that the mount ended up being an indication of the primary mount in Mist's launch, stylistically. I'm saying that it's not impossible that the stylistic design choices of the Heart of the Aspects was influenced by Blizzard's knowledge of what the next expansion was going to be, and therefore it's not impossible that the Faerie Dragon is stylistically indicative of the next expansion.