Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    He'll be crawling in a corner nearly dead and Thrall and Vol'jin will save him as he begs for his life and we retreat back to Stormwind, because the Alliance are scum.
    The Chin is not man enough to face The True Warchief in single combat.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could it be Varien trying to attack Thrall or Sunwalker Dezco? as He has watched over Anduin in Pandaria, Also remember the vision from Thrall's quest line where he places his weapon down infront of Varian.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-06-20 at 10:36 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

They made waaaaaaay too many takes of Jaina's dying moans.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    I don't know if Blizzard is trying to do a dramatic story or something but killing characters left and right is not interesting.
    THEY TRYING TO BE G.R.R Martin

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    The Chin is not man enough to face The True Warchief in single combat.
    He's done so more than once in lore. Something just keeps interrupting them.

Speaking of which, I have a theory. From the voice files we have access to so far, it seems that Garrosh leaves Gorehowl behind at some point. A point at which Jaina is there to comment on it. And Jaina is also around with Varian at some point. I wonder if Varian and Garrosh have a final one on one fight, with Varian forcing Garrosh to retreat, but leaving Varian wounded? Just a theory of course, one way to fit the puzzle pieces together. Hope the next build has Varian's voice files.
    Last edited by Florena; 2013-06-21 at 12:14 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majiinx View Post
    I think Varian is good as dead. I'm sure blizzard is going to do an "Eye for an Eye" or in this case a Faction Leader for a Faction Leader. Plus they really built up Anduin and gave him a great storyline he really came into this own this expansion and I think he'll be a great leader.
    Varian dies.
    Anduin takes over.
    Anduin the neutral calls truce with the Horde and ends war.

Alliance splits as Night Elfs, Dwarves and Worgen spit upon Anduins neutrality, Stormwind descends into civilwar as majority of the army tries to displace Anduin due to his treachery in a coup d'etat led by Rogers and Draenei and Gnomes stay out of it - Draenei become true neutrals and Gnomes go with their Dwarf friends.

Seriously - I can't see this happening after all the complaints there have been about the Alliance story. Propping up a so-called victory with yet another hackneyed negative twist designed to take any joy or pride out of the moment isn't what the Alliance story needs.

Could Blizzard be this stupid? Yes they could. I hope not.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-06-21 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Varian dies. Anduin takes over. Anduin the neutral calls truce with the Horde and ends war. Alliance splits as Night Elfs, Dwarves and Worgen spit upon Anduins neutrality, Stormwind descends into civilwar as majority of the army tries to displace Anduin due to his treachery in a coup d'etat led by Rogers and Draenei and Gnomes stay out of it.
    I so want to see that, al hopes crashing down around that brat.

not killing characters is bad. in a dangerous world filled with violence people are going to die. not just the nameless foot soldiers you never meet, but people you know. it's unrealistic to let even main characters sail through. many of them should die each expansion. new and interesting characters come up afterward.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    not killing characters is bad. in a dangerous world filled with violence people are going to die. not just the nameless foot soldiers you never meet, but people you know. it's unrealistic to let even main characters sail through. many of them should die each expansion. new and interesting characters come up afterward.
    Killing characters off simply to meet a poor definition of balance is bad. And thats what this would feel like.

EJL

I hope he dies and I will dance upon his grave. Such a terrible character. Would certainly be a moment worth fist pumping for.

Also, he's king of Stormwind, not king of the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    What are you talking about? George R R Martin has made a fortune off of that trick, and has a TV show based on his work now which is (sadly) quite popular.
    And I don't become invested in his work, knowing the fact that if a character is just another killshot in the story, theres little point in following what they do.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    SPOILER ALERT

I think he dies and his son takes over. The "You're still alive, good" part can't possibly be directed at the players because its too anticlimactic compared to the previous scene. Bye Varian

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 04:50 PM ----------

Or maybe Jaina and Anduin are hanging off a cliff and Varian chooses to save Anduin and Jaina falls with those words.
    ... The "You're still alive" part is obviously directed at Varian....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And I don't become invested in his work, knowing the fact that if a character is just another killshot in the story, theres little point in following what they do.
    Well, considering the only two good characters are still alive...

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    Likely the Trials aren't over then Varian won't die. Remember that he's been built as the one will guide the entire alliance. In Wolfheart, he was the chosen of Elune in Tyrande's visions... The one the alliance needs, as Malfurion said. And Anduin is still too young to rule.
    Just because he's what the Alliance "needs" doesn't make him immortal.
    If anything it just makes his death and Anduin's challenged to take his place a more interesting plot.

And Anduin is easily old enough to rule the kingdom of Stormwind, he doesn't need to rule the entire Alliance, since the Alliance, unlike the Horde, isn't unified by a single absolute leader, but by the alliance of the races themselves. Anduin would make an excellent "high-king" in this regard. He's the sort of person who would listen to all the racial leaders, consider their advice and then move forward in a way that will benefit the entirety of the Alliance and the world in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... The "You're still alive" part is obviously directed at Varian....
    It's not obvious at all.
    Order in the sound files means absolutely nothing.

Jaina's "You're still alive" doesn't sound anything like her finding out that Varian isn't dead, considering how upset she was when we hear her scream his name.
    Her sound file sounds much more like "[You players] are still alive... At least that's one good thing in this rapidly falling apart siege." Than it does, "Oh, thank god, Varian isn't dead."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3KL6...tailpage#t=65s
    Really listen to it. She's happy, but not that excited when she says the line about being alive. If anything it's very obviously not Varian that she's talking to.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-06-22 at 01:12 PM.

I hope he will finish his fight with Garrosh for good. They clashed so many times and something always interupted. Varian crushing Garrosh and declare Alliance's victory after that lame Thrall lies helpless before Garrosh will be the most satisfying thing ever. I am sick of Thrall saving everything. If the horde will have green jesus then I will glady accept wolf god king.

Quote Originally Posted by Majiinx View Post
    I think Varian is good as dead. I'm sure blizzard is going to do an "Eye for an Eye" or in this case a Faction Leader for a Faction Leader. Plus they really built up Anduin and gave him a great storyline he really came into this own this expansion and I think he'll be a great leader.
    Built up Anduin? Great storyline?

Excuse me, but from all the quests and lore pieces I've encountered in Pandaria, Anduin is the most boring and bitchy character ever. Every time he talks he is like "You can't do that. It is wrong. It is not good. We must be good, because good is not bad". He is the most one dimensional, boring ass character EVER.

Take good paladin characters as an example.

Tirion - his story is a tale of journey to accomplish something no one has managed to do before. He is the paragon, and while fighting the evil, he has to make difficult choices all the time, and risk his life for the greater good. Even after he defeated the Lich King, it was a bitter victory.

Uther - a paladin being an archetype: old, wise and powerfull. However, he is a man who found himself in a situation he does not really understand. This time, the choices he had to make and the trials he had to undertake were too much. However, he decided to walk his road - the road of truth, even if he knew he willpay the ultimate price.

Arthas - a paladin from a younger generation. Young blood, that could help to develop the Order, but in fact, he wasn't perfect. Despite being a paladin, he had serious personality flaws, that pushed him to limits, and then - to negating everything he has ever believed in, eventually becoming the Lich King.

And now seriously - is there anything about Anduin? He is just... good. He goes around, saying how good is to do good stuff. And in a few moments it is pretty comical indeed. Even when he attempted to stop Garrosh from banging a bell like a freak, he was like "no, stop, it is wrong, hitting a bell and turning your soldiers to mindless abominations, it's just not cool".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    actually I kinda like the way he writes his story. it greatly describes dirty politics during the medieval times and politics in general.

in politics, the first victims are usually honest and honorable people. the weak won't survive either, you can't cross big men and hope they just spare you.

one boring thing about stories is that when the protagonist is in a sticky situation you'll ALWAYS know he won't die, because he is the protagonist. and reading a story in which protagonists can't hide behind their role and be safe from harm is actually exciting... but thats' just my opinion.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-06-22 at 03:57 PM.