Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    My shiny Blaziken on my FR begs to differ!
    I'm SRing my Platinum to try and get a hot-pink Chimchar. AWWWW YEAAAH!

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 06:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Well, I also have the Shiny Haxorus and Gible you get in Black 2. So there's that.

Still haven't caught a single "legit"shiny though.
    And in White2 you get a shiny Dratini instead of the Gible, iirc.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-06-20 at 06:38 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    And in White2 you get a shiny Dratini instead of the Gible, iirc.
    Yes, I don't have white 2.

butterfree rape

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu-35522329

Finally someone who uses compound eyes (been seeing people with tinted lense using sleep powder missing 3 times in a row)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    butterfree rape

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu-35522329

Finally someone who uses compound eyes (been seeing people with tinted lense using sleep powder missing 3 times in a row)

His own fault, just switch out after he put 1 Pokemon to sleep and that butterfree is no problem anymore.

His own fault, just switch out after he put 1 Pokemon to sleep and that butterfree is no problem anymore.
    Not really, 1x quiver dance can wipe out the majority of his team and the butterfree can take at least 1 hit.

Deleted
    Not really, 1x quiver dance can wipe out the majority of his team and the butterfree can take at least 1 hit.
    But he would not be able to OHKO Braviary, Camerupt or Golurk, and Ampharos. So yeah, that sweep could have been easily shut down easily by just switching the sleeping Carracosta out immediately.
    Last edited by mmocb372ace37b; 2013-06-20 at 09:00 PM.

Deleted
    Oh god I hate it when your pokemon gets poisoned and you have no antidote and the nearest Pokemon centre is 500000 miles away.

But he would not be able to OHKO Braviary, Camerupt or Golurk, and Ampharos. So yeah, that sweep could have been easily shut down easily by just switching the sleeping Carracosta out immediately.
    It can put a serious dent in them though, but the point is he didn't have to one hit KO them. Yea the guy didn't switch out carracosta but the butterfree didn't get off a 2x quiver dance.

Butterfree kicks ass, can do OHKO and put a serious dent. There is a reason why it's in NU though.

It can put a serious dent in them though, but the point is he didn't have to one hit KO them. Yea the guy didn't switch out carracosta but the butterfree didn't get off a 2x quiver dance.

Butterfree kicks ass, can do OHKO and put a serious dent. There is a reason why it's in NU though.
    Butterfree is indeed very good. I like it a lot as well. Been my favourite pokemon since gen 1 released.

Deleted

Bzut he cannot OHKO any of the opponents Pokemon except for Serperior and Carracosta. He can't even 2hko Camerupt.

too bad the show sux now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin8197 View Post
    too bad the show sux now.
    It sucked back then too. You were in its Demographic though.

Bzut he cannot OHKO any of the opponents Pokemon except for Serperior and Carracosta. He can't even 2hko Camerupt.
    He can with tinted lense and life orb. If the guy pulled off another quiver dance like he should of he prob could of wiped the team unless sucker punch worked. It's really good and you saying it's shitty because it's predictable doesn't make sense.

Imo she should of dropped substitue for hidden power for more coverage.

If you want to complain about something shitty complain about corsola.

Ahh the nostalgia feels lol

Deleted
    He can with tinted lense and life orb. If the guy pulled off another quiver dance like he should of he prob could of wiped the team unless sucker punch worked. It's really good and you saying it's shitty because it's predictable doesn't make sense.
    Yes, both players were pretty stupid.

But 1. He didn't carry Hidden Power
    2. He had Compoundeyes not Tinted Lense.
    3. He didn't cast a second quiver dance
    So his Bug Buzz would 4HKO the Camerupt at best.

I'm not saying Butterfree is completely useless in NU, but he's not the amazing Powerhouse you are saying he is.
    All I am saying is that that particular sweep could have easily been stopped, and that there are many Pokemon better to use than butterfree. (Tiers don't exist in playthroughs)

Yes, both players were pretty stupid.

But 1. He didn't carry Hidden Power
    2. He had Compoundeyes not Tinted Lense.
    3. He didn't cast a second quiver dance
    So his Bug Buzz would 4HKO the Camerupt at best.

I'm not saying Butterfree is completely useless in NU, but he's not the amazing Powerhouse you are saying he is.
    All I am saying is that that particular sweep could have easily been stopped, and that there are many Pokemon better to use than butterfree. (Tiers don't exist in playthroughs)
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru-35848075

No more excuses skip to turn 15

Deleted
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru-35848075

No more excuses skip to turn 15
    Yes. Luck is very important in Pokemon battles. Unfortunately counting on waking up after 1 round and getting a critical in the same turn is not a good strategy.

But yes I agree. I think Butterfree should be banned to ubers right now. Happy now?
    Last edited by mmocb372ace37b; 2013-06-22 at 03:33 PM.

Yes. Luck is very important in Pokemon battles. Unfortunately counting on waking up after 1 round and getting a critical in the same turn is not a good strategy.

But yes I agree. I think Butterfree should be banned to ubers right now. Happy now?
    You can't pick and choose situations where butterfree is bad and good. It's just the nature of the game. Besides any sweeper can be countered easily with maybe the exception of ninjask baton pass unless you predict the switch correctly.

More butterfree ownage: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu-35857747

I still think butterfree should drop substitute it wasn't needed here :/

More butterfree ownage: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu-35857747

I still think butterfree should drop substitute it wasn't needed here :/
    His opponent was incredibly stupid, sorry to say. Switching to Musharna against a Bug-type, and not only making the ridiculous mistake doing Sucker Punch against Butterfree with Substitute once, but even twice. While I do think Butterfree is decent in NU that victory doesn't go to Butterfree's cause, it was the opponent that handed out that victory for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    His opponent was incredibly stupid, sorry to say. Switching to Musharna against a Bug-type, and not only making the ridiculous mistake doing Sucker Punch against Butterfree with Substitute once, but even twice. While I do think Butterfree is decent in NU that victory doesn't go to Butterfree's cause, it was the opponent that handed out that victory for sure.
    It was just prediction error. Musharna is pretty bulky and he thought he could of pulled off calm minds to counter the quiver dance but the butterfree got a crit and the sucker punch timing is tricky one sucker punch from a skuntank prob would of raped him but he predicted the quiver dances wrong but yea he had taunt so that was weird.

But that's how sweepers go and butterfree is potent. A roar or a better taunt would of saved the day.

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 08:11 PM ----------

Anyone else glad they added evolite?

I hate magnezone (looks so awful) and evolite makes magneton great. I just wish magneton had levitate (cmon guys hes fucking floating why doesn't he get levitate?)