Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Been disc the whole time I'ved healed in MoP. Other healing priest in our raid is holy so : (

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    That change wasn't a nerf it was bad data mining, it was never 100% always been 40%.

They did buff the crappy(for pve) one disc gets though, because disc wasn't good enough in pvp already and shadow is still too over represented.

But yeah I do run 25 man so that is part of why I went back to holy from a 3 1/2 tier hiatus but I would say when 2 healing 10 man fights it does feel extremely good playing just the same way I do in 25 mans just divine hymn and divine star aren't quite as potent(although proportionally they are). Haven't seen any heroic 10 man though since once you do 25 heroic you cant do 10 heroic in that lockout so its usually just a few bosses people could use thunderforged pieces off that we clear out quick but like iron qon and twins I felt like I could have solo healed, I did just under 70% of the healing with someone's holy pal off spec and still had plenty of mana at the end of both and if he was ret it would have died waaaaaaaaay faster.

but in any case you can't miss being holy if you try it out!

That wasn't bad data mining. When I was on PTR Divine Insight was giving 100% proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    That wasn't bad data mining. When I was on PTR Divine Insight was giving 100% proc.
    well it was never that way on live I should have said, they never had it in the official notes so it being on the ptr was probably unintended

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    well it was never that way on live I should have said, they never had it in the official notes so it being on the ptr was probably unintended
    I see it was reverted on ptr, what a cock tease. They also are messing with From darkness comes light but only for shadow, they still don't want healers to want it I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ptr is a testing ground. Data mining gives an idea of what they're planning, but I guess that plan failed so it was reverted. They sometimes throw things at the proverbial wall, just to see what sticks.

On topic, I liked the distinction between the specs from back in Wrath, where Disc was a tank healer and Holy was a raid healer. I've always favored Holy because its historically felt kind of like an arcane mage, throttling down to keep everyone stable, then being able to turn on a dime and crank it to 11 to burst AoE higher than any other class (at a ridiculous mana cost). Absorb effects becoming so powerful kind of nerfed the viability of HoT-based healers, which is probably why Disc is performing so much better on average.

Holy has always been my favourite, but I don't like what they did with Chakras because it feels like it limits our healing toolkit, putting barriers on the flexibility that I originally loved about the spec. Maining shadow, I don't heal often, but the spec that I would play ultimately comes down to what the group needs.

Yes I miss big actual crits that actually move health bars, I even miss the mastery a bit! then I remember chakra..

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss it terribly. Well all but Chakra anyway. I much prefer playing in a reactive style to a predictive style.

I just hate how Disc just seems to have all the tools (well except the mega burst healing ^_^), so I always feel like I'd be gimping my raid if I wasn't Disc.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

FDCL procs off PoM PoH and CoH and Penance on the ptr atm

reeeeeeally hope that stays its fantastic as holy and really brings it back to how much it would proc in like wrath etc since you used to flash heal so much more

I was playing disc outside of Council/Tortos/Meg/IQ/Twins, though recently I have been playing much more holy. We've gone from a 2Pal/1Priest/1Sham/1Druid/1Monk to a roster of 2Pal/3Priest/1Sham/1Druid & both the new priests play disc. It feels nice to have a larger ceiling for your burst, even though your sustained cant keep up or is much less efficient than disc. With the amount of CDs that are being shifted to dps/hybrids it feels like they're trying to make a better place for raw healer output from monk/hpriest/rdruid, though even if the dps have them I'm not sure the utility you potentially miss out would be outweighed.

I would love to see them do something to reward you for swapping chakras as holy. In a 25man setting serenity just seems clunky/wasting potential.. I would like to see glyph or mechanic to give like 10% dr for a target that has your renew & serenity up at the same time, some sort of utility for assisting tank/single target heals like old inspiration did etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    As I was holy for 8 years, and just recently switched to disc (5 months ago now), I feel a bit of nostalgia, I miss the raw healing power of it, I mean actually health being healed versus shielding for it, if you get what I mean. I was wondering if some of you disc priests would go back to holy, if only maybe Blizz changed something about it (or not)? I know when I transitionned from holy to disc, the staggering truth of disc op'ness was quite obvious, I'd say gaining at least 30% efficiency... but in a way it fell less priestly to just bubble people, as I had NEVER played disc before.

So, anyway... back to my question: any of you disc priests miss playing holy?
    I guess I'm just the opposite. I rolled a holy priest to see what it was liked and switched it to disc. I just like disc better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half in shadow, half in light and all in the fire.
    I hate disc. I will do it when in ten man if I must for the sake of progression. But I will ALWAYS maintain a holy spec. I think it is sadly undervalued.
    "LF 1 more holy priest to fill out our core team" said no one since...Ulduar?
    Holies have amazing throughput, particularly when once properly swathed in spirit or owning a LMG.
    /sigh

Deleted
    I changed from holy (which I had been in TBC and half of WotLK) to disc more or less as a joke during some alt 10 mans in Ulduar, and more seriously in ToC, when we needed a tank healer (our paladin was more offline than online and tank healing as holy wasn't amazing back then either).

I never looked back. I still play holy now and then, but it's just a temporary distraction.

Never ever ever ever ever ever will I play holy on my priest, I can't stand the healing type, to me holy feels like a fail mix of resto druid and holy paladin, I find disc fun and it allows me to switch from adding dps to a mob to kill it faster to full blown oh shit some one is about to die quick shield/heal spam, I love the flexibility of disc.

If you haven't played holy at this point I recommend trying it, especially if you raid 25 man. Throughout Wotlk, Cata and most of MoP I was strongly against playing this spec; I tried it for about 15 min in Wotlk and probably 10 minutes in Cata. However, giving it a try this expansion I can honestly say that it's really fun to play on fights that require a lot of raid healing (Iron qon, Magaera, heroic tortos) and the playstyle has many similarities to disc's.

I would however only recommend playing Holy on fights that it's good for, or else you probably won't have an enjoyable experience (Any fight where it would be beneficial to change your chakra stance regularly; you'd probably be better off just going disc).
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2013-06-22 at 09:07 PM.

i don't understand why you "miss" holy, just play it its still viable, im 11/13H atm with 10% on lei shen, and the only fight i went disc was for horridon.

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    to me holy feels like a fail mix of resto druid and holy paladin
    You're probably doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by redthunder View Post
    i don't understand why you "miss" holy, just play it its still viable, im 11/13H atm with 10% on lei shen, and the only fight i went disc was for horridon.
    We're 11/13HM (25) too, and our holy priest is always holy. Always.

I miss renew being good
    I miss inspiration
    I miss healing for higher numeric value than disc non crit
    I miss having good regen/longevity without having to go 100% all spirit as much as you can get as Holy.
    I miss people saying "LF Holy priest for ___________"

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    I miss renew being good(It never was good, no better than it is now anyways. Not bad though either at least as holy, at least you get rapid renewal et al for free now)

I miss inspiration(It was a passive and one most people skipped over for the reasons you argue against FDCL even post buff)

I miss healing for higher numeric value than disc non crit(You still do when in the proper chakra or with GS by a large margin)

I miss having good regen/longevity without having to go 100% all spirit as much as you can get as Holy.(You don't have to I gem int and half int gems int flask and food two int trinkets and even still have three non spirit pieces from before I switched holy with crit on them. Get the LMG and better/less wasteful spell usage)

I miss people saying "LF Holy priest for ___________"(People who say LF [insert anything] have always been well informed and I also tend to base my feelings on their misconceptions)
    Please just say you don't like holy and kindly let people on the forums be since nothing can come of an argument with you.

Deleted
    Even though im new to wow, i've been a heavy palyer of being a holy priest. I started as disc and switched to holy cause frankly, all i saw were disc priests.. so i figure i'd give it a try.. and from there i became holy for life However, when it comes to pvp or "some" raids they always request disc priest. I worked very very hard learning as much as i could as a holy priest to prove to myself and others that we still can rock that healing boat. Even when i a pug once in a while and they ask me to switch .. i say let me play this fight holy... and ill show you what i can do and if you still want me to change i will.. 100% depending on the boss they tell me to stay holy. But i feel depending on the need at that time both are really great specs in there own special way.. but for me holy for life baby .. the raid is my dance floor and my heals is the music!!

I've put raiding hours in as both holy and disc for pretty much every expansion. The one thing I do miss as holy is that as a holy priest you're never really sad about having another priest in your raid. Two disc priests in one raid can be a bit uncomfortable, in my experience. That said, I like playing support classes and I like the flexibility of being able to go between dps and healing (or even single target/multi target healing) without having to muck around with chakra and holy word.