Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    What about all the race/class combo weapons that people datamined?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    What about all the race/class combo weapons that people datamined?
    Maybe a reward from proving ground? Makes sense if they are class based
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Maybe a reward from proving ground? Makes sense if they are class based
    Oh, right, didn't remember that. Are the proving grounds even up on the PTR yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Starscreamer View Post
    Blizz said before that they maybe will have time for a 5.5 patch b4 the expac is over maybe the cloak augment is just another upgrade like we have been getting and the legendary will come in the last patch.
    You....You honestly missed it sarcasm in the post didnt you? SMH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Is possible. Blizz said that that Siege of orgrimmar is the last patch before the next expansion, but they can always change their mind and do otherwise.
    no they said its the last tier patch, and said garrosh is the final boss. They have also hinted a few times on 5.5.

Oh, right, didn't remember that. Are the proving grounds even up on the PTR yet?
    Not active yet.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    5.5 MIGHT bring a legendary weapon, who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    "I have no reward to offer you. I have already done everything in my power to ensure that you succeed. You are on your own.
    End Hellscream's reign."

Worst lines in a legendary quest series...
    Indeed. It's almost enough to make you wonder if it's a placeholder for something they don't want to reveal yet.

I find it a little lame that the celestials are just right there next to each other. Oh well.

All this work for an upgraded cloak? Blizzard be trollin' us big time mon!

Notice how there was nothing to farm from SoO, just killing Garrosh. Who says 5.5 won't add another part to keep us playing. ToT has us farming Secrets first, then when we finish that, it's Runestones. Whose to say that we won't later be given items to farm from SoO?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I'm glad someone linked this again. I knew I remembered reading about this back during beta but couldn't bother to find the news for it. It's my hope that they don't just leave it on a legendary cloak. It's not about it being Orange for most of us, but that a weapon at the end of the chain, even if it was epic but had awesome stats and a sick proc, would likely look extremely awesome.

Look at the past legendaries. Thunderfury is the largest 1H sword in the game. Glaives are the only glaive-type weapons in the game. Shadowmourne has that smooth blue glow and the awesome proc visual effect. Now look at some epic weapons. Corrupted Ashbringer. An epic and corrupted version of the normal ashbringer, and this is a great example of what I mean by 'legendary quality epic'.

I could care less if it's Orange. However, vanilla was the last legendary for me (tank), and it's been several expansions since most of us had one, while some still haven't had any for their spec at all (ferals). I figured that by giving everyone a legendary, they'd settle the argument of who'd get theirs next, and give us all something that looked awesome and had a sweet proc. As soon as it was hinted at that the legendary was a cloak, I stopped farming for it. I wasn't having a whole lot of fun on that character due to it being my main for 5+ years. I rolled an alt, and though I started the chain, I don't think I'll finish it. It's just not worth it for me to go and farm LFR beyond gear for something that no longer interests me. If they bring in weapons and the shield, I'll go for it again, but if it's just the cloak, fuck that shit.

To put it in perspective, what was an otherwise awesome expansion will drop down to 4/10 (from 9/10) if they leave it at that. That's how big of a deal it is to me. These icons were datamined over a year ago, and it'll feel like they've been deliberately deceptive if they leave it as a cloak.
    Measuring the X-pac by its legendary is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrlogar View Post
    Notice how there was nothing to farm from SoO, just killing Garrosh. Who says 5.5 won't add another part to keep us playing. ToT has us farming Secrets first, then when we finish that, it's Runestones. Whose to say that we won't later be given items to farm from SoO?
    That's the only hope I have indeed, it could have another legendary questline outside of Wrathion... Like MC had basically 2 legendary questlines and Ragnaros was required to die for different drops for each of the legendaries... I am crossing my fingers it's at least a Warrior Legendary according to that Saurfang questline or whatever it seems to be that requires you to gather some 100 hard carapaces or something like that from raid, I assume SoO, rather have one class get a true legendary than none.

Before everyone cuts themselves, just wait until the patch is live. Could just be a placeholder quest to keep it a surprise for the first people who finish it.

I'm still on sigils of wisdom anyways.

In b4 legendary cloak has x chance to proc mastery haste and crit *snore*. http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/146047-i...-amplification

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Measuring the X-pac by its legendary is absurd.
    WoW players are fantastic at being absurd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    In b4 legendary cloak has x chance to proc mastery haste and crit *snore*. http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/146047-i...-amplification
    I suppose farting thunder would be less boring?

Deleted
    That's not so bad, especially since it says % not a set amount, so then the more gear you get, the better the cloak gets. Not bad if it is this, especially if you are a class that has 1 favorable secondary stat.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I just died a little inside..such a colossal waste of effort for a cloak..

was really hoping blizzard would wise up and realize it's such a terrible idea to string people along for an entire expansion for this.
    oh boohoo piss moan cry, maybe you should've read the quest text then

I suppose farting thunder would be less boring?
    No that would be much more exciting.

Well at least all secondary stats proc'ing is better than an int/agi/strength proc.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't necessarily have to be associated with the cloak. Usually when a spell is pre-ambled with the word "Item" it could mean any item proc, including trinkets.