Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ignore people like that man, they are pathetic internet warriors that are even more pathetic irl.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-06-23 at 02:45 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Why was this thread made? People like that are just looking to get a reaction out of you so if anything they let your pet die on purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Feel like I'm just banging my head against a wall with some people who reply about the pet dying. I explained clearly how the pet died, why are you replying about something that is unrelated to what happened? My pet was tanking the elite elemental, which killed my pet. This happened at the start of every phase.

I'm not sure I can really be any more clear than that.
    I find it hard to believe , because like I said Ahune kills pets(your fresh 90 hunter so its easy to mistake that for something else killing your pet), 2nd with growl off aslong someone else is attacking things, pets shouldn't pull aggro. Even a BM pet wouldn't pull aggro from other players let alone tanks, Iam not saying that the tank wasnt afk but if any other DPs was attacking the elite it shouldn't pull aggro especially since u said other DPSers were geared and ur just a fresh 90, so how can a pet from a fresh 90 pulls aggro, unless everyone else was afk or you were just hasty and engaged boss and then again that's your fault.

Yourself have a tool to give some aggro to someone else, MD learn to use it.

Iam not calling you a liar but this is what I think it happened, you got pissed when they called you a scrub with low gear so you found something to blame the tank and then started a flame-war, they got rude your pride got hurt then you came to qq on forums, they shouldn't get rude and if you say its true they cursed you then you have every right to report it, but for me the pet dieing story is dodgy atlest
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2013-06-23 at 04:04 PM.

Well the variations are quite many if you ask me.
    1. The dps que time is attrocious. I found myself sitting longer for Ahune han a LFG/LFR. Frustration in this case can be the one.
    2. The pure hatred towards the boss. I had 0 luck since TBC to get the frigid frostling from Ahune, despite of doing it for years. Hell I have his staffs for all levels but never EVER seen the pet drop. I got it ultimately when it became cageable and bought off from the AH. Still, people hate the RNG and the fight, thus they search victims to express their hatred.
    3. Their server is full of asshats, and they got infected by this attitude, thus they are asshats too.
    4. They are elitists, who are bored with this dungeon.
    5. They are pure asshats.

If you dont like the people you get in a pug..Dont pug, join a guild and run content with them

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I'm sorry that you only can comprehend two sides. How about not being hurt about every fucking thing? The wind blows in your face, do you go whine in your blog about it and cut your wrists? Because some really do give that kind of impression. People lost their endurance. They become offended by literally EVERYTHING. How can someone stand to be so pathetic and weak? Why is this mentality being forced? Why does being weak became OK?
    I was the one asking you what makes anger any better than being hurt, and you still haven't answered that question. What about having the skin to handle critizism, and the dignity to control you anger?

Being weak is no more okay than being a total asshat. There's a line in-between, and said line being broken, is incredibly visible when it comes to asshat-behaviour(less so if someone cannot handle critisism). Why you think it is acceptable to be a total asshat, but not to be weak, is beyond me.

That said, being offended easily, isn't something new. There is a reason why rules in the past were far more strict than they are today. Looking back at that, I'd say people today is more thick-skinned than they were in the past. Or atleast they aren't allowed to act out as much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you one of the people who spits on those with low gear like they are some mindless scum of the universe?
    Course not. I carry everyone like a boss, and say 'thanks for the group' anyways.

Some people are dicks, don't let it bother you.

Let me explain why this is not the case, and that the dps is actually a nonissue here

1. BM hunters rely on their pets, if my pet is tanking elites and dies many times over the course of the fight I'm spending a lot of time not doing dps and a lot of time casting res. Without the pet you basically do no damage at all.

2. It is a fight with very little uptime on any target to generate focus, often the mob you're casting at will die before the end of the cobra shot cast, meaning you get no focus return or damage. My dps was actually lower than that during the phase 1, and shot up a few thousand during the phase 2 where I actually have some steady uptime on a target.

3. If i'm arguing with another player then I'm not focused on doing dps

Put me on a fight where my pet isn't getting killed by the untanked mob, where I have a constant target to generate focus from and I'm concentrated more on dps than a dispute with another player then no shit my dps is going to be a lot higher than 25k even in the bad gear. But the fact remains it is a boss designed to be done with low geared players, and we successfully killed the boss without issue.

It's easy to be in good gear and say "oh you can still do good dps with bad gear" but the fact is that depends on the class or spec. My hunter is in the position at the moment where due to various factors it probably does less damage now than it did at level 85 and that is all due to gear and level scaling, casting aside the invididual situations in the instance. On the other hand my Shaman was capable of much greater dps in bad gear than either my hunter, rogue or Warrior were.

All of this aside, the damage I actually did is quite irrelevant to the topic, as it started before any fighting had
    began.

Feel like I'm just banging my head against a wall with some people who reply about the pet dying. I explained clearly how the pet died, why are you replying about something that is unrelated to what happened? My pet was tanking the elite elemental, which killed my pet. This happened at the start of every phase.

I'm not sure I can really be any more clear than that.
    Ok so right off the bat being a Vet BM hunter with an Ilevel of 507. I cant attest to the fact that your pet dies ALOT in this fight. Every damn second I would look down and he would die, healers are not accustomed to healing pets, and when theirs many adds that arent picked up right say? The healer goes right for the people and my pet dies in like 5 hits.

So he is correct there, it was a bitch to keep rezing him, I just spammed mend(with glyph) after a while and he would stay up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Not to be an asshole
    but are you new to wow or something?

No it hasn't.

This attitude has been around since the LFG tool came up. Where people just wanna queue as fast as possible, clear the content as fast as possible and just plain out be jerks.
    No one was this rude before LFG. Even as a freshly dinged retribution paladin with all the wrong talent choices, I have never met someone that was rude to me in TBC. But I have met plenty of people who have tried to help me. And likewise I have tried helping other people who needed or asked for help.

Because LFG! Just queue, blame it on the other guy and call it a day!

Plenty of people with that type of attitude was around in BC. Granted it was less than now but they were still there

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Are you new to the internet should be a better question...

Very true but I was using it in the context of wow

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    but in the past it was backed up so it was ok, now you have thousands of elitists that don`t have anything to back it up. That is infuriating
    Plenty of people were dickwads in bc and were not good.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 12:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I've been around since '05. I still hate this attitude and do everything I can do to counteract it.

Yea I agree. I do not like that attitude either but its been around since the start of the game. That is why I am shocked that people think it is some new attitude

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 12:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    It may have been around for a long time, but not as widely spread as it has been since lfd has come out. Before lfd you found your own groups and mid geared people usually ended up in groups together because the high end guilds did all the daily dungeons together. The fact that this group continued after he said he was a new 90 is just absurd...
    Agreed with LFD that type of attitude has became very wide spread

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They weren't harrassing anyone. He can ignore them or report them for language(the go to hell and suck satan's dick comment is against ToS) but harassment involves more than telling someone they're shitty for not buying 458 gear off the AH for their new alt.
    The language would be considered harassment under the TOU

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Not really since forever, from what I can see, I started to see this attitude rise during late wrath early cata and from there on since first I started in late TBC I've always met helpful players. Even if I didn't know my class people helped and gave suggestions for upgrades and so on however, when I made my first 85 in cata I still didn't know much and had low gear just to be bashed and insulted by "elitists" and later to be kicked.

As to the OP; I'd suggest to simply report players for harassment and leave. I'd better queue with average people who know their class and do low dps (if they're bad geared) than be with elitist assholes who think they are the best in the game.

I started in BC. Played on Ner'zhul US, Hyjal us and seen many people with that shitty attitude during bc.

10+ Year Old Account
    most players that act like such cases are bad in a way
    IRL or ingame they just want to pick on someone and let out some stress

Quote Originally Posted by Hooliganz View Post
    most players that act like such cases are bad in a way
    IRL or ingame they just want to pick on someone and let out some stress
    Sometimes that can be the case, yes.

TL,DR version : A thread about rude/aggressive/unfriendly player attitudes towards newly dinged players, your thoughts on it. Do you have this attitude too perhaps?

So I logged on tonight at 2am to do this frostlord, the cloak is useful for my just dinged lvl90 hunter. The game allows me to queue dispite my low gear, meaning as expected (like in previous expansions) the boss is tuned to be easily beatable regardless of gear.

I enter the instance and before the fight has even started I've been called a "low geared scrub" by the healer, the mage also then mentions he hates people with low gear. The fight starts and my pet is killed by the elite elemental, which is not being tanked by the tank. I mention "pet died, can you tank the elite" to which the healer replies "why the fuck should we care, turn off growl retard" to which I reply that growl wasn't on. The fight goes on with a complaint about the group dps from the healer, more complaining about low geared people being scrubs and then he comments "why can't people use their brains". At this point he mentions he will no longer heal the low dps, and mostly just stands around doing nothing.

Mid fight I mention that this is my alt, and a semi conversation continues with me stating the logic that gear does not magically appear when you ding 90, and that the reason I was doing the easy event was for easy gear. Also that the only reason my damage is particularely low is due to the tank not holding agro on anything and mend pet not being enough to keep my pet alive when it is taking damage from multiple sources, I had to res my pet multiple times despite my best efforts to keep it alive.

After some more insulting elitist comments the conversation stops and the fight continues until we beat the boss, the mage dps leaves stating that I "should go to hell and suck satans dick". Now this was not down to a bad playing experience, there were no wipes and nobody in the group died, I was called a brainless scrub who should suck a dick because I have an alt that just hit level 90 in blues/greens, and this started before the fight even began.

What do you think? Are you one of the people who spits on those with low gear like they are some mindless scum of the universe? Or are you a logical and level headed person who can be understanding of other people? The reality of it is that gear has nothing to do with skill, but without gear you're severly limited, but it has to be earned and you have to start somewhere.
    If they were so elite, why were they doing forstlord ahune?

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Not to be an asshole
    but are you new to wow or something?

This attitude has been around forever
    not really, this attitude started appearing more overtime, in Wotlk it was common. Before that it was rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think the biggest problem with WoW right now is all the people who QQ every time someone is mean to them. Get over it and move the fuck on. If a random stranger controlling a cartoon is enough to fuck up your week you have bigger issues than we can help you with on a forum.
    Well people could do that or now think this over for a min before answering.....

People could just stop being assholes because they think its cool/fun/funny or whatever stupid ass reason they got.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Actually if you want some background

Started playing in 2007 during early TBC and was a raider in some relatively high end raiding guilds.

T5 - Vashj/Kael Thas pre attunement lift
    T6 - BT/Mount hyjal farm and Sunwell up to Muru before 3.0 hit.

Then changed to a serious casual guild that raided 10man and tried to do 25man when numbers allowed.

T7 - All clear while relevant
    T8 - 10man all clear while relevant, mounts/algalon and 25man with most heroic modes + a Legendary mace farmed while relevant
    T9 - Got the 25man mounts/algalon in Ulduar + TOTC Tribute to insanity on farm (+ alts) and 25man 4/5 hc farm
    T10 - Got 5/5 25m hc TOTC, ICC10 mounts early on with 11/12 on farm, I was given Shadowmourne + we had 25man 11/12 on farm, eventually killed LK heroic. All while relevant.
    T10.5 - Ruby Sanctum 10HC killed pretty quickly, 25HC was not attempted.

Cataclysm - I didn't play much here, did some heroic firelands (didnt do any normal firelands while relevant as I came in late) didn't play serious until Dragon Soul, had both Heroic Deathwing fights left when I had to stop playing, guild killed them and had them on farm while relevant. A few staffs/rogue dagger sets made.

MOP - I did some raiding + heroic modes at start of expansion, stopped playing until last 2 weeks. Guild is currently doing TOT heroic modes.

So no i'm not new to WoW, I've never experienced this attitude before and never shown it to anyone else. Nobody in my guild has certaintly ever shown this attitude towards people. Being a complete asshole and being extremely crude and unfriendly simply because a player has recently dinged 90? It was my alt, had I been on my main I would have wiped the floor with all of the dps but I wouldn't have rubbed their noses in it. Fact is these werent elite players doing massive dps or playing with great skill, just decently geared players playing in a very average manner whilst being very aggressive towards others.

About the pet deaths - He had agro on the adds, I was specifically avoiding him going on the boss. I'm not an idiot but I know it can be easily done, this however is a boss that I have explained to others many times in the passed when trying to complete it with undergeared chars and new players. It is not the kind of amateur mistake I would be making. I was watching my pet tank the add until it eventually died, the add would switch targets and I would res my pet, happened every phase reset (of which there were more than you might want).
    Way to much defense/excuses for someone that state that much experience.

People are dbags 24/7 and twice on Sunday. It is been like that since Blizzard started cutting their GM staff down to nothing and stopped caring about community building.
    (Kel'thuzad anyone)

This is not a reason to create a thread on the interwebz unless you're looking for emotional support.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i did frost lord on my 89 dk...it took like 4 core phases to kill him but no one said a word, but then again that battlegroup is dead....but this kind of attitude isn't new, and quite frankly after playing LoL...i'm just kinda numb to elitsts and scumbags and just ignore what they say...i mean, if it bothered you so much, just leave. toxic behavior sadly...isn't going anywhere...you can either A) respond and further the troll or B) ignore it and just do what you came there to do, they owe you nothing, and visa versa....if they feel the need to point out your lack of gear, then ignore them because this kinda of behavior stems from the exact same place that bullying does...lack of self esteem that warrants others to point out the flaws of others in a attempt to boost another's confidence.

I dont sympathize with elitism or bullying at all...granted that's not to say i havn't been elitist in the past, but let's just say if your nice to me, i'm nice back

Quote Originally Posted by ScariusTheMoonkin View Post
    I only get mad and act like an asshole when there is someone doing <20k dps and before you say they just dinged 90 blah blah blah realize that fresh 90s can do 40k+ dps so less than 20 is afking/ just autoattacking and its annoying.
    I queued on my warlock to help out a friend whos gearing her alt, only reason we didnt get it on the forst phase was because a mage was doing 12k and a druid was doing 9k

9k!!!!!! I simply don't understand how

You say people are elitists, i say a lot of people don't give a flying f*ck about wasting others' time

If you don't like to read what other people say about it than don't. Ignore button is there for a reason.

Also there is no reason to take offence at this "low geared scrub". You ARE "low geared scrub", there is nothing to discuss.
    It's like taking offence at "you are 5-year-old kid!" when you are actually 5-year-old. It does not make any sense. Well, 5-year-old kids do it all the time, but you are supposed to be a grown-up, aren't you?

People act like total retards in random groups. And they act like that for 4 years, from 2009 when LFG was first implemented.
    There is nothing to be done about it but running dungeons with your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ScariusTheMoonkin View Post
    I only get mad and act like an asshole when there is someone doing <20k dps and before you say they just dinged 90 blah blah blah realize that fresh 90s can do 40k+ dps so less than 20 is afking/ just autoattacking and its annoying.
    I only get mad when they are afking etc. Seriously though, I'm not great geared on my hutner(523) but i do pretty decent dps and can pick on the slack. I don't do lower level things very often and lfr only for valor and runestones atm(because i am impatient) and never complain about anything except dps. If you are complaining about undergeared people YOU yourself are not a good player. When I do run h.dungeon and h.scenarios I just expect to carry the load. Being a loudmouth prik isn't helping anyone and only bringing down the group. If you wipe too much or can't handle it leave and find a new group...or hell better yet, find a group of loudmouth assholes to group with. LFR/LFD is not made for you.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post

Also there is no reason to take offence at this "low geared scrub". You ARE "low geared scrub", there is nothing to discuss.
    It's like taking offence at "you are 5-year-old kid!" when you are actually 5-year-old. It does not make any sense. Well, 5-year-old kids do it all the time, but you are supposed to be a grown-up, aren't you?
    low gear is not the same thing as being a scrub.

WoW's community is vile. Everybody thinks because they have easy purples and shit that they are automatically good at the game and have some srs ego problems.