[Resto] Help with haste breakpoints

Hello there, I got my alt I wanna optimize for alt raids etc. but as of now, I got so much haste just from gear that I cant reforge down to come even close to only have 3043 haste. Even when reforged completely out of haste I still have like 3.5k haste which is wasted stats. So I thought of maybe going for the next haste breakpoint, but which one should I go for? I got 7.1k haste now when only reforged to haste and still able to switch gems around.

So my question is, what is the next breakpoint to go for?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ADa/simple

Currently, its really not worth going to the 6652 haste breakpoint. If the lowest you can reforge your haste down to is 3.5k, then do so. Reforge the rest to mastery or spirit as needed. The gain from WG/efflo ticks is outpaced by the gain from mastery. The only time you should worry about 6652 is if you have so much haste, that even after reforging away from it, you are close to 6652. Then you try and make sure you reach it.

In 5.4 with the potential for near perma efflorescence (with the new glyph) and the proposed change to 100% haste from SoTF; its possible druids will have to reevaluate haste breakpoint options...but even then its doubtful.

Ok thanks for the help. I got 3847 haste now with 2 haste/spirit gems in my gear, so i cant get it much lower than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magania View Post
    Ok thanks for the help. I got 3847 haste now with 2 haste/spirit gems in my gear, so i cant get it much lower than that.
    you could trade those 2 haste/spirit gems for mastery/spirit instead get you down to 3527 haste

Why don't you change them to mastery/spirit gems? Mastery is far better for a resto and you'd drop 360 haste. The gem is a zen wild jade.

Hello there, I got my alt I wanna optimize for alt raids etc. but as of now, I got so much haste just from gear that I cant reforge down to come even close to only have 3043 haste. Even when reforged completely out of haste I still have like 3.5k haste which is wasted stats. So I thought of maybe going for the next haste breakpoint, but which one should I go for? I got 7.1k haste now when only reforged to haste and still able to switch gems around.

So my question is, what is the next breakpoint to go for?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ADa/simple
    The difference between 6653/6659 haste and going full mastery in my experience is very small and really comes down to a playstyle choice. That said with the gear you have on currently I would not recommend going for the 2nd haste cap until you can get over 23% mastery (unbuffed) from gear while hitting that 2nd haste cap. You could easily hit the 2nd haste cap now, the problem with that is you would only have ~15% mastery (unbuffed) if you did so. You need to start picking up some mastery/spirit or mastery/haste pieces. Also I would drop the 2 piece t14 as soon as you can for higher ilvl pieces.

One good tool I use (and it has only gotten better lately) for my gemming and reforging is Askmrrobot. For healers it isn't as finicky about stat weights - and you can set custom spirit and haste caps, which is a huge plus.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...l/Magan%C3%ADa

Just edit your weights, edit your options, then click the optimize button.

Anyone has found the haste brealpoints for Force of Nature?
    I ve looked everywhere still cant find an answer
    Die by the sword

Quote Originally Posted by dgiras View Post
    Anyone has found the haste brealpoints for Force of Nature?
    I ve looked everywhere still cant find an answer
    No there doesn't seem to be a clear answer. By math alone it should take 16.67% haste to fit 7, 2.5 sec cast time HT's, into 15 secs. With raid haste buff you'd need 11.11% from gear which is 4724 rating.

However, i am getting 7 full HT casts and somewhat into 8th cast with only 4023 haste + 5% buff. Been working my way down from 4400 just by trial and error trying to get to the min amount for 7 casts. My guess is its somewhere around 3900-4000 haste rating for 7 HT casts, with the 5% raid haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    The various breakpoints summarized in a table:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130799-...te_Breakpoints
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The various breakpoints summarized in a table:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130799-...te_Breakpoints
    Dgiras is asking regarding the talent Force of Nature - which is not covered under the general haste breakpoints everyone knows about - which is what you linked. Unless you are posting that for the OP's benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Dgiras is asking regarding the talent Force of Nature - which is not covered under the general haste breakpoints everyone knows about - which is what you linked. Unless you are posting that for the OP's benefit.
    I posted for the OP.
    While I totally agree with what's said in here so far, I still believe that the table helps immense, when it comes to breakpoints above the 3039 mark. One can fine tune a little more
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    I raid 10 man.

I've been running with 6652 haste since april. Had 518 ilvl and 15% mastery back then. We had taken 4 bosses on HC when I switched to the "second" haste break point.

Yesterday i reforged away as much haste as I possibly could to get down towards 3043. It felt really slow/sluggish to play with less haste. DIdn't like it at all. I had lower hps on Dark Animus HC and it felt slow to get rejuvs up on people.

If you have alot of haste I would recommend trying with 6652 haste and see what suits you best. I'm going to stick with more haste since it feels alot better for me.

I have removed some spirit for mastery now to try with more mastery. Sure, the heals are bigger. But being able to spam alot (including regrowth) is better for me. A few extra percentage on a heal doesn't seem like it's life or death, I'd rather cast one extra regrowth to quickly get someone up.

Currently I have 13.3k mp5 in combat (and legendary meta), >6652 haste and about 31% mastery. I will go back to a little more spirit though. For me mastery doesn't seem to do that much when things go wrong and you need to heal alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wir View Post
    Yesterday i reforged away as much haste as I possibly could to get down towards 3043. It felt really slow/sluggish to play with less haste. DIdn't like it at all. I had lower hps on Dark Animus HC and it felt slow to get rejuvs up on people.
    You obviously had your perception influenced by knowing that you reduced your haste and expecting everything to be slow. In reality, this is not what happens. Haste does not influence the speed of putting up rejuvs, because whether you have 0 haste or 10,000, rejuv always has a GCD of 1 second.
    Also, 3000 extra haste don't reduce your GCD very much, so while there are already very few casts that get faster (only WG, LB and Rg), the difference is hardly noticeable.
    The only reason to go for the breakpoint is the additional WG tick. Nothing else changes, except for everything healing less. I would not recomment going for haste.