Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    I don't think you understand what a hybrid class is.

Hybrid classes are classes which can fill more than one of the core PvE roles: tank, healer, or damage dealer. There are 2 types of hybrid classes: 3 way hybrids and 2 way hybrids. The ones you think that are hybrid are 3 way hybrids such as druids and paladins. The one you think are not actually hybrids are 2 way hybrids such as Warrior and DKs.

According to your logic, I could argue that Priest is a pure class because all three specs can deal damage.

Hybrid is not defined by their abilities but by their roles.
    Yes, in PVE terms a hybrid is a class that can fill multiple roles Healer, tank, DPS. In PvP useing the term "hybrid" relates to classes that has a healer spec connected to them which allows for above average healing ability from a dps.

In your previous question you were asking someone else their reasoning on why they did not consider dks and warrior hybrids ( basicaly classes with a tank but no healer spec). Thinking you were legitimately curious i attempted to provide some reasoning behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Yes, in PVE terms a hybrid is a class that can fill multiple roles Healer, tank, DPS. In PvP useing the term "hybrid" relates to classes that has a healer spec connected to them which allows for above average healing ability from a dps.

In your previous question you were asking someone else their reasoning on why they did not consider dks and warrior hybrids ( basicaly classes with a tank but no healer spec). Thinking you were legitimately curious i attempted to provide some reasoning behind it.
    and I have clearly mentioned previously that I agree that in PvP Warriors and DKs are not considered hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    and I have clearly mentioned previously that I agree that in PvP Warriors and DKs are not considered hybrid.
    Then what was the point of criticizing my previous post when i was attempting to provide a view point which was obviously subjective?

Sometimes i want to strangle the guy who came up with the term "huntard"
    i never listen to the feedback from the people who use this term. (no i'm not defending "hunters" just ranting a bit)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    i never listen to the feedback from the people who use this term. (no i'm not defending "hunters" just ranting a bit)
    Every time i hear the term huntard i just always think about Shado Pan monastery. Skipping the adds by jumping off the bridge except that one hunter who feels the need to run through all the adds to get to us.

Deleted
    Belittling the object of your frustration is always a good idea to vent. Ppl who are so-called mature and don't vent nor express frustration in other ways, one day go to work with an ak-47 and you hear about it in the news.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll get to strangle a lot of people then, I'm sure a lot have come up with that name before they've even heard of it, probably including myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Hybrids need big nerfs. Fucking stupid Ret and Feral and Ele have more rep then Warriors or DKs.
    You DO realize that Warriors and DKs are hybrids too, no? *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Then what was the point of criticizing my previous post when i was attempting to provide a view point which was obviously subjective?
    Because you trying to side with the person who questioned my understanding of a hybrid class by trying to answer a post which was intended for him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Is representation relevant?

I say this because despite the QQ about hybrids rank 1. is a mage and dk ranking 6th & 9th respectively with regards to class rep.
    and again rank 2 a dk rank 3 has a mage.

The largest discrepancy that can and should be argued isn't really class balance (although there are some issues eg: where are warriors?). It's the damn choice of faction, look at the humans lol 34% with forsaken 2nd place 18%.

TLDR: Some people are making out that rets, feral, ele's and hybrids in general are op, but the argument is debunked when the top spots have dk's and mages in them.

Playstyle and difficulty aside just because certain (hybrid) classes are highly represented doesn't mean your class is turd as is showcased by the DK.

*Hypothetically speaking if 0.1% are playing locks but there is a lock in rank 1, there ain't nothing wrong with locks.
    It is relevant. And the top spot is to a mage and DK in greens, and they are russian, who are know to win trade or find ways to reach high ratings. Just because a high team has a comp that is not highly represented doesn't mean that it's shit, it means that the people playing it know how to play and how to play the comp. There is more to getting rank1 than just comps. But on the other hand if there is a TON of ret/hunter/disc teams playing and achieving high rating, which the graph shows 2200+ than it must mean that comp is doing quite well, better than other comps. Look at the top 5 line ups that are 2200+ and tell me if you see a theme, if you don't than please don't even bother to respond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Cool site, thanks for sharing Lul
    you're welcome!

Deleted
    Highest rated team in the world are in greens, seems legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    It is relevant. And the top spot is to a mage and DK in greens, and they are russian, who are know to win trade or find ways to reach high ratings. Just because a high team has a comp that is not highly represented doesn't mean that it's shit, it means that the people playing it know how to play and how to play the comp. There is more to getting rank1 than just comps. But on the other hand if there is a TON of ret/hunter/disc teams playing and achieving high rating, which the graph shows 2200+ than it must mean that comp is doing quite well, better than other comps. Look at the top 5 line ups that are 2200+ and tell me if you see a theme, if you don't than please don't even bother to respond.
    Ok, so the thread is about representation and nothing but? You're not alluding that because they are highly rep'd they are op?
    Last edited by mmoc877b2d3d8f; 2013-06-24 at 09:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't take it personally, bro. It's just from people that get owned by a Hunter in Arena or a BG and vent about it by insulting everyone that plays the class.

Ok, so the thread is about representation and nothing but? You're not alluding that because they are highly rep'd they are op?
    The thread's title and main focus is arena representation, I'm talking about how that representation means that there is a trend with classes that either perform amazingly together or are just straight up better than other classes.

This thread shows how hard it is to balance the game even with extensive data available. Just think about all the questions you have to pose yourself while interpreting the data:

Should there be the same number of viable comps for every class?
    Should there be the same number of players of every class?
    Should there be the same number of viable comps for every spec?
    Should there be the same number of players of every spec?
    Should there be the same number of viable comps for every role a class has?
    What is a viable comp?
    Should every possible comp be viable?
    If a spec is weak but the comp it can play in is very strong, should there be something changed about that spec?
    What's your definition of a weak/strong spec/class?
    If there are more players of spec A than B, does that mean spec A is more powerful than B or does that mean that A just seems more appealing?
    If there are more players of class A than B, does that mean class A is more powerful than B or does that mean that A just seems more appealing?
    If there is a comp that is incredibly op but nobody has discovered it yet, should the concerned specs be nerfed?
    If the comps ABC and ABD are just as strong, does that mean that specs/classes A and B should be nerfed or C and B should be buffed?
    What if A and B are required for all comps but no matter what you take for the third member, the comps have all the same strength? Are A and B op?
    What is the "balanced" ratio of healers:DDs? 1:2? Are there exactly twice as many DD specs (or should it be classes?) than healer specs?
    If there are more/less DD specs/classes than that, that means the healers will be over/underrepresented if the 1:2 ratio has to be reached. How do you transform your statistical methods so you can take that into account?
    If a class/spec gets a complete visual overhaul to look absolutely badass and representation skyrockets as a result, how do you transform your statistical methods so you can take that into account, even considering that the meta gameplay could change in the meantime and you don't know when the effects of said change actually end or reverse?
    etc. etc.

Until you have answered all of these questions and many more, you shouldn't even think about analyzing any data. Also, many of them are simply design decisions which Blizzard has to make at some point.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2013-06-24 at 10:15 AM.

The largest discrepancy that can and should be argued isn't really class balance (although there are some issues eg: where are warriors?). It's the damn choice of faction, look at the humans lol 34% with forsaken 2nd place 18%.

TLDR: Some people are making out that rets, feral, ele's and hybrids in general are op, but the argument is debunked when the top spots have dk's and mages in them.
    Getting globalled as soon as any of those pop their swifty macro begs to differ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    The thread's title and main focus is arena representation, I'm talking about how that representation means that there is a trend with classes that either perform amazingly together or are just straight up better than other classes.
    So you ARE saying that because they are highly rep'd they are op.

But that brings us back full circle because low rep'd classes are ranking higher or equal.

Anyway as the guy above points out, yesterday it was warrior, today the hybrid, tomorrow the rogue.

Deleted
    I am both happy and sad about Warriors being on bottom of the list. Happy because I blamed myself for failing my 3v3 partners. I thought I am really bad (well that doesn't mean I am not lol). Sad because I really love my Warrior and I can't stand the fact we are so underpowered in 3v3 comps

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    oh noes, there's no RMP up there!!!!111 better nerf every other class within 1 season in order to let mages and rogues get their completely deserved prizes