Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of the changes was needed for the better. I do feel however that the game has lost alot of the social aspect that it once had. They dumbed it down a little to much.
    Founder of Kentuckynerd.com come visit for podcasts and more!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    No you seem to believe that Raiding HC bosses in wow is as hard as the requirements for being a astronaut.

Not even close. I never even came close to saying that. This is you trying to twist my words because you can't argue the point.

Again since you cut it from that response. It's the second line of that quote that you should be focusing on.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I find it hilarious that whenever a topic like this pops up someone or multiple people will bring up <insert boss kill>.
    I find it hilarious that you would question people doing that.

If you want to talk trash you back it up with proof, half the time someone claims the games to easy they don't have top arena ratings or top pve progress. One cannot simply trash talk something for being easy without any proof showing that the player in question is a cut above the average player otherwise it's a load of BS from some guy looking for drama.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aside from making leveling slightly easier many of the changes in this game are for quality of life. It seems the OP equates time to difficulty which I know a lot of people do. But really after you've played a game for so long there's not going to be a lot of surprises. Unless you're flat out stupid you will know when to run out of the fire, when to interrupt spells, cc melee mobs and kill casters/healers first.

Changing trainers, giving portable vendors, talent changing via reagents, tradeskills, gathering, etc. None of this made the game harder in any way. It only made it more tedious and time consuming.

I don't get why people feel you should have to run back to the trainer to learn your new spells. Because previous games did it before? How successful are those games compared to WoW?

If you want more ways to waste time in game then level a new character and don't buy epic flying, epic riding, etc. Turn on walk so you can't ever run. You're not in danger of dying right because it's so easy? Let's see you never die.

WoW wasn't dumbed down so much as stream-lined. And in doing so it tried to create massive gaps between easy, medium and harder playstyles. It's too bad the old forumla of EVERYONE working towards the harder content by having to work through the easy and medium is what actually drew players into the game in the first place (as can be seen by the rise and success of vanilla, tbc and wotlk).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Again since you cut it from that response. It's the second line of that quote that you should be focusing on.
    He doesn't have the time to do that at all!

Deleted
    Wow people actually don't think this game is dumbed down???

Deleted
    I think some things have been streamlined to make better gameplay and some have definatly been dumbed down. I think its a different game than it was years ago, though like then I still enjoy it a lot. Being in an awesome guild really helps keep the game fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Smango View Post
    Alot of the changes was needed for the better. I do feel however that the game has lost alot of the social aspect that it once had. They dumbed it down a little to much.
    Yeah, the social aspect is the only point I'd concede. This is likely because of LFD, an unfortunate side-effect but LFD was necessary and is still a great thing. Also, as the game has gotten more popular you get more of a lower quality of person joining the game and as such interactions went from fine to juvenile to people avoiding socializing in game because of so many bad experiences, just a sad consequence of popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    In fact, you should go look at the original Classic talent trees and compare them with the current specialization/talent system. They were beyond bland.

http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?vie...d=10&build=1.3

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#V!

Go ahead, compare them.

In Classic, a Demonology Warlock got 3 active abilities through talents (Fel Domination, Demonic Sacrifice, Soul Link) and several passives which amounted to slightly tougher demons, a bit more stamina and int, better healthstones, and decreased cast times on summons.

In Mists of Pandaria, a Demonology Warlock gets 13 unique active abilities through specialization (plus a unique resource mechanic and several passives), a selection of 6 more active or passive abilities through talents, and a selection of some 20+ glyphs which alter the way several of their abilities work.

Now, are you seriously going to sit there and tell me that we have fewer meaningful options now than we did in Classic?
    because taking 1 spec from 1 class is total and complete representation of the entire talent system from Vanilla-MoP right? I personally hate the new system, It feels like the Fischer Price version of talent picking. There were many of us that enjoyed playing the old hybrid system (frostfire mages come to mind). And meaningful options? really....tell me how many warlocks take Archimondes Vengeance over KJC..all the other tiers are basically a different way to accomplish the same thing..dont believe me?

Tier1: How to heal
    Tier2: How to peel people off you
    Tier3: How to reduce damage
    Tier4: Another peeling tier
    Tier5: How to empower your demon OR sacrifice your demon for your own power (the only tier so far with anything that resembles a meaningful choice)
    Tier6: How to pick the one obvious choice for your spec and environment you play in (pve or pvp)

As opposed to:

Do I want to max out the current tree im in, which will buff my main spells, or do i want to dabble in other trees, possibly buffing my main spells and adding some utility?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Wow people actually don't think this game is dumbed down???
    Wow people actually think this game is dumbed down??

See, doesn't make a particularly compelling argument. The argument could be made that every bit of 'dumbing down' was streamlining and trimming the fat or simply changes, not positive or negative, simply a different style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    He doesn't have the time to do that at all!

LOL. Your post is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Aside from making leveling slightly easier many of the changes in this game are for quality of life. It seems the OP equates time to difficulty which I know a lot of people do. But really after you've played a game for so long there's not going to be a lot of surprises. Unless you're flat out stupid you will know when to run out of the fire, when to interrupt spells, cc melee mobs and kill casters/healers first.

Changing trainers, giving portable vendors, talent changing via reagents, tradeskills, gathering, etc. None of this made the game harder in any way. It only made it more tedious and time consuming.

I don't get why people feel you should have to run back to the trainer to learn your new spells. Because previous games did it before? How successful are those games compared to WoW?

If you want more ways to waste time in game then level a new character and don't buy epic flying, epic riding, etc. Turn on walk so you can't ever run. You're not in danger of dying right because it's so easy? Let's see you never die.
    Or you started playing after Wrath...then its not because your stupid, its because you were never forced to actually LEARN anything other then how to aoe and tunnel on a boss and LFR only encourages this mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    because taking 1 spec from 1 class is total and complete representation of the entire talent system from Vanilla-MoP right? I personally hate the new system, It feels like the Fischer Price version of talent picking. There were many of us that enjoyed playing the old hybrid system (frostfire mages come to mind). And meaningful options? really....tell me how many warlocks take Archimondes Vengeance over KJC..all the other tiers are basically a different way to accomplish the same thing..dont believe me?

Tier1: How to heal
    Tier2: How to peel people off you
    Tier3: How to reduce damage
    Tier4: Another peeling tier
    Tier5: How to empower your demon OR sacrifice your demon for your own power (the only tier so far with anything that resembles a meaningful choice)
    Tier6: How to pick the one obvious choice for your spec and environment you play in (pve or pvp)

As opposed to:

Do I want to max out the current tree im in, which will buff my main spells, or do i want to dabble in other trees, possibly buffing my main spells and adding some utility?
    Lol, are you really pretending there were choices back then? Everything was entirely cookie-cutter and if you didn't go with specific builds you were considered a bad. The new simplified talent systems aren't perfect but they are much easier to balance and offer 10 times for variety than the old talent trees did.

10+ Year Old Account
    As opposed to:

Checking the internet for the best spec.

I fixed your post for you.

Or you started playing after Wrath...then its not because your stupid, its because you were never forced to actually LEARN anything other then how to aoe and tunnel on a boss and LFR only encourages this mentality
    Yeah, LFR definitely encourages people to stand in fire, that's why there are so many wipes on Durumu...

1)WoW was always the casuals' MMO.
    2)What defines that has changed as the gaming market has changed. Gone are the days when 12+ hour/day turbonerds were the primary player audience.
    3)WoW has plenty of challenging content. It just might not be what you think the challenging content should be(HC raids, Challenge Modes, rated PvP instead of pre-form only 5-mans that take hours to complete, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Not even close. I never even came close to saying that. This is you trying to twist my words because you can't argue the point.

You tried to compare wow to profession's that you need years and years off study to complete, did you not?
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    1)WoW was always the casuals' MMO.
    2)What defines that has changed as the gaming market has changed. Gone are the days when 12+ hour/day turbonerds were the primary player audience.
    3)WoW has plenty of challenging content. It just might not be what you think the challenging content should be(HC raids, Challenge Modes, rated PvP instead of pre-form only 5-mans that take hours to complete, for example).
    As a turbonerd, I resent this >: (

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    See, doesn't make a particularly compelling argument. The argument could be made that every bit of 'dumbing down' was streamlining and trimming the fat or simply changes, not positive or negative, simply a different style.
    Their INTENT is to "trim the fat". But that "fat" adds flavor, much like in a steak :P

Obviously not everything cut from the game was a bad move (hello dismounting when you go through water), but many things were removed because they felt unnecessary, when in fact they added personal touch to the game.

Like I always say, those things put the RPG in MMORPG. Now we're getting to this insta-gratification slot machine game era.